Happy 40th anniversavry to Off the Wall!

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
Happy 40th Anniversary to Off the Wall!

Michael first solo album as an adult off the wall is now 40 years old!

What are your favorite songs off (no pun lol) this album? :)

Off_the_wall.jpg

Last edited:
'Rocky with You' and 'Workin' Day and Night' are my favorites, followed by 'Off the Wall' and 'I Can't Help it!'

Happy Anniversary Off The Wall!! What an album, best debut album by an artist ever

My top 5 are

I Can't Help It
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Working Day And Night
Rock With You
Off The Wall

My favorite songs are Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Rock With You, Off the Wall and Get on the Floor.

I love Off the Wall and Workin' Day and Night! The whole album is great, but those are my favorites.

Now would be a perfect time for a Destiny/Triumph tour release estate!

Motown

best debut album by an artist ever
How is this a debut album when he has 4 solo albums before it? Must be Grammy Award logic. :laughing: They've been known to give "Best New Artist" awards to acts that have had records out already.

My favorites are

Burn This Disco Out
I Can't Help It
Off The Wall
It's The Falling In Love
Rock With You
Girlfriend

My least favorite are
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
She's Out of My Life
Get On The Floor
Working day and Night

Happy 40th Anniversary Off The Wall! :)

I turned 40 this month too and its my favourite album.

All the songs of this album are great but my least favourite is She's out of my life.

Re: Motown

How is this a debut album when he has 4 solo albums before it? Must be Grammy Award logic. :laughing: They've been known to give "Best New Artist" awards to acts that have had records out already.

You know what I mean :laughing:

Off The Wall was were the world saw Michael Jackson the man, no longer the frontman for The Jacksons, but a real superstar about to take flight and takeover the industry

Many fans, included myself consider Off The Wall to be Michael's first true solo album, because this the first time where he had full creative control.

Many fans, included myself consider Off The Wall to be Michael's first true solo album, because this the first time where he had full creative control.
So you're saying that acts who don't choose to do that (like Whitney Houston or Frank Sinatra) never made an album? I guess those records don't count as existing. If you're going by that criteria, then people like Stevie Wonder, Prince, Todd Rundgren, & Paul McCartney have solo songs in which they played all the instruments and sang all of the vocals and produced by themselves.

So you're saying that acts who don't choose to do that (like Whitney Houston or Frank Sinatra) never made an album? I guess those records don't count as existing. If you're going by that criteria, then people like Stevie Wonder, Prince, Todd Rundgren, & Paul McCartney have solo songs in which they played all the instruments and sang all of the vocals and produced by themselves.

I agree! It's like saying Jackson 5 never had an album till they became The Jacksons and had creative control? :laughing: that's just silly

Last edited:

I agree! It's like saying Jackson 5 never had an album till they became The Jacksons and had creative control? :laughing: that's just silly
There's also a lot of people who act like Janet hadn't put out any records before she started working with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. Same with the Journey albums before Steve Perry joined the group or the Fleetwood Mac albums before Lindsey Buckingham & Stevie Nicks.

40 years and still so fresh... Amazing.

Great album - timeless

Back