Michael Making a Children's Record?

Hudson112

Proud Member
I don’t know what gave me this thought, but something clicked in my brain that made me wonder: What if Michael made an album for children? To be honest, I would think he would jump to the opportunity in a second considering his wholesome relationship with children. Imagine Michael singing about the alphabet or 123s (I guess he did in ABC but you know), or maybe he would go further than that. I don’t know, what do you guys think? Would he have pulled it off?

And all the haters would have been like "he is grooming children by doing a children's album."

A children’s record would have been a completely unnecessary project, considering that there was already an over-saturation of children-oriented themes in his art.

The Jackson 5ive cartoon series aimed at children, but also the Jackson 5 group was actually a bubblegum pop group with a music aimed mainly at very young ages.

But even later he continued releasing children-oriented works, like his first three films which were children-oriented films (‘The Wiz’, ‘Captain EO’, ‘Moonwalker’).

Also, children’s themes were very apparent on some of his music videos (such as, ‘Leave Me Alone’, ‘Childhood’).

Michael Jackson was certainly able to pull off a children’s record, but given his perfectionism, such a project would have distracted his focus from far more important projects that he was working on (like, his proper studio album releases).

Also, Michael Jackson knew that such a children’s record would flop commercially, so he never felt the need to waste his creative efforts on such an unprofitable project.

mj_frenzy;4266675 said:
Also, Michael Jackson knew that such a children’s record would flop commercially, so he never felt the need to waste his creative efforts on such an unprofitable project.

:rolleyes:

In the midst of working on the Thriller album, Michael found the time to record the "E.T. Storybook" album, which I think perfectly counts as a childrens record, even though it's not all music.

[video=youtube;mxGfqxJG0JY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxGfqxJG0JY[/video]

[video=youtube;k2hM_3twOVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2hM_3twOVY[/video]

Last edited:
He would of done an fantastic job. i read up somewhere he wanted to do children's books and be an child psychologist like he always said he was peter pan in his heart. :) :heart:

Electro;4266715 said:
:rolleyes:

In the midst of working on the Thriller album, Michael found the time to record the "E.T. Storybook" album, which I think perfectly counts as a childrens record, even though it's not all music.

I am talking about a children’s record, not an audiobook.

Michael Jackson’s ‘E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial’ is just an audiobook, in which he reads the text that he has in front of him and sings one song.

This audiobook falls into the broader category of his children-oriented works that I mentioned earlier.

On the contrary, a children’s record is a record comprised of children-oriented songs that the singer sings.

Like, Johnny Cash’s ‘The Johnny Cash Children's Album’ which was released in 1975.

Michael Jackson never released such a record for the reasons that I also mentioned earlier.

I think your right. i don't know would Michael would of done an children's album but who knows. like he said he wanted to do children book's and be child psychologist so it's possible. we will never know. but he would of done an great job. :)

Last edited:
I think your right. i don't know would Michael would of done an children's album but who knows. like he said he wanted to do children book's and be child psychologist so it's possible. we will never know. but he would of done an great job. :)
You said that already.

mj_frenzy;4266815 said:
This audiobook falls into the broader category of his children-oriented works that I mentioned earlier.

None of the works you mentioned (Captain EO, Moonwalker) are so solely children-oriented. Besides us fan nerds, can you imagine any grown ups seriously enjoying listening to the E.T. Storybook? To the extend that they would be able to enjoy Captain EO and Moonwalker? I don't think so.

mj_frenzy;4266815 said:
Michael Jackson never released such a record for the reasons that I also mentioned earlier.

While you're pretty good in unecessarily mounting up obvious details...
"...reads the text that he has in front of him" ...wow, really? :rolleyes:

It would be way more impressive if you would finally start to acknowledge the subjectivety of your speculations and present them as such.

A speculation on why someone else did / did not do something and suggesting thoughts and feelings of that person that led to him doing / not doing it, does not give referable "reasons". To pretend that just makes you look as if you valuate your thoeries as the gospel, which is annoying as hell.

Last edited:
it could have worked as the soundtrack to the peter pan movie he had planned in '83

I think he would have loved to do something like this but after all the allegations and legal battles I doubt he would want to risk giving people anymore reason to believe in them

I whould have loved it when Michael had released more things like the recorded ET Story Book.
Imagine listening to Michaels beautiful speaking voice before you go to sleep telling a beatiful exiting maybe selfwhritten story and singing little songs in it which sounds so beautiful like "Someone in the dark".
For me he showed big talent for this in the E.T. Storybook recording!
This is the best thing I can imagine him to do for children beside the great unique outstanding work he already had done and creating something like a disney or family film.
Ah and syncronisation from main characters in animations films he whould have done also very good and passionate!!!
sadly the time when animations films got sucessful came after the 1993 allegations and he got not the chance to be ask.
I am sure: Without the allegations they would have ask him very early!

Last edited:
Back