Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Mj as Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieIsOkay View Post
    Is it true that Michael created some tracks for the Willy Wonka movie that weren’t eventually used by Warner? I recall reading that somewhere... anyways I wonder if these demos still exist and if so, I’d looove to hear them ��
    Yes, it is true.

It was actually a soundtrack that Michael Jackson created for that film, while the film was being worked on (before the selection of the lead role).

He gave that soundtrack to Warner Bros. in the hopes of getting the lead role of Willy Wonka’s character.

Warner Bros. eagerly took from him the soundtrack, but he refused to give him the Willy Wonka’s lead role.

In actual fact, Warner Bros. (for getting that soundtrack) offered him any other role of that film along with a big financial return.

The situation reached a dead end, Michael Jackson did not want any other role (but only Willy Wonka’s role) and he did not want to get the money for that soundtrack either.

The soundtrack that Michael Jackson gave to Warner Bros. is still in the possession of the company under lock and key.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Mj as Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post

The soundtrack that Michael Jackson gave to Warner Bros. is still in the possession of the company under lock and key.
    Okay thanks for clearing all of that up for me! I wonder if we'll ever get to hear the soundtrack leaked or released