Thread: Michael by Greg Gorman, 1987

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Exclamation Michael by Greg Gorman, 1987

I love this photo. I think it simultaneously captures Michael's vulnerability and strength in a beautiful way. A lot of people just assume it's a fan photoshop when they see it, even though it's real. What do you guys think, do you like this photo?

Bigger version here - https://i.ibb.co/HFnyTzf/michael-by-greg-gorman-1.png
    Massive version here - https://i.ibb.co/ky82pDt/Michael-by-Greg-Gorman-1-4.jpg

Source: http://www.immagis.com/images/greggo...line2_full.jpg

'Immerse your soul in love.'

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael by Greg Gorman, 1987

Yes...I love this photo. He is just so damn ****ing beautiful, handsome, sexy, hot, gorgeous, cute and so deliciously yummy

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 735 Posts

Something about it bothers me. Firstly, it took a very long time for me to believe that it was a legitimate photo and I still have a lot of questions. Like.....the leg warmers. Why??? Also the arm guard is nothing like the usual ones he wore. Secondly, I had a hard time trying to understand why Michael would pose like this for a photograph or a photoshoot. What would be the underlying theme, or reasoning behind it?? I almost feel as though it's a voyeuristic image that we are not meant to see. It's beautiful, but disconcerting - his facial expression looks almost angry and does not fit with the fairly casual pose of his body. In terms of his vitiligo, I am surprised to see such an even skin tone from head to toe.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    Something about it bothers me. Firstly, it took a very long time for me to believe that it was a legitimate photo and I still have a lot of questions. Like.....the leg warmers. Why??? Also the arm guard is nothing like the usual ones he wore. Secondly, I had a hard time trying to understand why Michael would pose like this for a photograph or a photoshoot. What would be the underlying theme, or reasoning behind it?? I almost feel as though it's a voyeuristic image that we are not meant to see. It's beautiful, but disconcerting - his facial expression looks almost angry and does not fit with the fairly casual pose of his body. In terms of his vitiligo, I am surprised to see such an even skin tone from head to toe.
    I think he looks thoughtful rather than angry. The photo came up again on twitter the last couple of days. And someone mentioned it to Karen Faye, so she's been talking about it. He's wearing body makeup, that's why his skin tone looks even.

As for the reason, this is what the photographer said:

ICON: The exhibition also features a picture of Michael Jackson that has never been shown before.

Gorman: Right. Whenever I photographed Michael, we talked for two hours before. About the concept and what we wanted to do. The day this picture was taken, he said how much he admired my nude photographs. So we decided to take a picture that is a bit more revealing. I suppose that's why the public has not seen it for so long.

(https://www.welt.de/icon/article1495...eben-kann.html)

'Immerse your soul in love.'

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post: