'Get It Together' (Red Vinyl - Limited Edition) Album Will Be Reissued.

NatureCriminal7896

Proud Member
After the bronze vinyl reissue of the album 'Skywriter' of June, the Culture Factory will propose a reissue of the 'Get It Together' in red vinyl on September 20, 2019.

It's a limited edition album (limited to 1000 pressings).

'Get It Together' was for the first time released on September 12th, 1973 in the USA and in the United Kingdom the album was released during November 1973 by Tamla Motown. Now 15-years-old, Michael voice began to deepen, taking on a more soulful sound.

With Michael's voice having changed, the overall sound of the group changed as well. The little boys were now becoming adults, and those high notes that only Michael could hit were retired.

The album was a breakaway from the group's bubblegum soul sound as they came up with a more funk-oriented album similar to The Temptations Norman Whitfield-produced albums. Whitfield in fact provides covers of two of his Temptations songs here, 'You Need Love Like I Do (Don't You)', and 'Hum Along And Dance'. The Jackson 5's cover of the later song, an eight-minute album-closer, is today regarded as the most notable version of the song. 'Get It Together' was also one of the earliest disco albums, released at a time before the genre was mainstream.

This album is special it has the "GIT" die-cut cover, the group's name is listed as "The Jackson 5ive" on the cover.

All songs produced by Hal Davis.

Track list:

A:

1. Get It Together - 2:47
2. Don't Say Goodbye Again - 3:26
3. Reflections - 2:58
4. Hum Along And Dance - 8:33

B:
1. Mama I Gotta Brand New Thing (Don't Say No) - 7:14
2. It's Too Late To Change The Time - 4:00
3. You Need Love Like I Do - 3:51
4. Dancing Machine - 3:22

Record label: Motown
Printed: Europe

Pre-order:https://translate.google.com/transl...on-5-get-it-together-vinyl-3700477829605.html

Last edited:
:smilie_bump: This came out today.

was it postponed to september 27? somewhere else i read october 25?
i followed the 4 releaeses since a few month. but this release seems to be postponed. not available to me. correct?

Never seen that sleeve! The one I have is the J5 order form, this new one looks super cool!

Honestly i'm more interested in the rerelease of "In Japan" more than any of these https://culturefactory.fr/cf-vinyles/5275-the-jackson-5-in-japan-vinyl-3700477829612.html

Thats the standard Cover for "Get it together".

It looks they have 3 regular albums released and the live coming up.
But I checked Discogs and found out a YELLOW vinyl of Moving Violation releasred in september 2018...
https://www.discogs.com/The-Jackson-5-Moving-Violation/release/12554858

Moving Violation was last year. does not have really something to do with the other 4 from this year.

Its a 4 Vinyl "Collection".
contains...

dancingmarron1.jpg

skywriterbronze1.jpg

gitrouge.jpg

injapanviolet.jpg

Last edited:
Already preordered both on fan.pl . Still waiting for Greatest Hits on clear vinyl.

I am thinking about to buy my favorite and my second favorite Jackson 5 Motownalbum Skywhriter and Dancin' Machine in this beautiful Vinyl release!
Can some of the Vinylexperts here who have bought this colored Vinyls tell me how good the pressings sound?

I hope they will release other Jackson 5 album in colored Vinyls as well!
Love the Looking trough the window album and would finally buy it in this format!
To get some of The Jacksons and MJ albums in much more colorful vinyls would be great too and maybe a better idea instead of this awful sounding picture disc releases!
Need a beautiful golden Thriller LP!

Want to start my vinyl collection since I became a Björk Fan two months ago!
She has relesed all her great studioabums in beautful looking colored Vinyls which are mainly sold out! :cry:

Last edited:
Bought Moving Violation, Dancing Machine, and Skywriter.

Just bought the In Japan reissue and getting Get It Together next week

Back