Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    A warning beforehand would have helped lol. I listened on headphones and I think my ears are shattered now.
    So how does this work you reckon? This is one take of the song, I presume several more were done and then the best bits got edited together to form what in the end ended up on the album?

I'd love to hear stuff for shout or tabloid junkie now like this, perhaps I can make out what he is saying then :-D
    As I remember Michael wanted the experience of singing it all the way through with the full orchestra there in front of him, like a kinda Frank Sinatra type deal. But I must admit, my memory is a little hazy.

Also the audio quality in the clip here does not do it justice, and watching Michael at work and his reactions make it really special.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

Quote Originally Posted by JichaelMackson View Post
    So how does this work you reckon? This is one take of the song, I presume several more were done and then the best bits got edited together to form what in the end ended up on the album?
    Yes.
    This song and Smile were both recorded live with an orchestra at the Hit Factory in New York on June 27th 1994.
    I don't know how many takes Michael did for Childhood but I know that he did 6 takes for Smile with the orchestra and then did another 14 takes by himself because he wasn't fully satisfied with the first 6.
    But in general that's how Michael recorded songs, it seems. He would sing them from top to bottom a couple of times and then decide which words or phrases sound best on which take.

Brad Sundberg posted a very interesting post on Facebook regarding this subject. I highly encourage you to read it.
    https://www.facebook.com/inthestudio...Cfw&__tn__=K-R