60 unreleased Motown songs from 1969 (including one by the J5) just dropped on Spotify

Zack44

Proud Member
In case you guys missed it, Motown (who celebrates their 60th anniversary this year) just released a whole bunch of previously unheard songs that were recorded in 1969 on Spotfiy (and I'm assuming other streaming platforms) today! These songs include material not only by the Temptations, Stevie Wonder, the Supremes, and the other Motown staples, but also by the Jackson 5.

Not to mention, 1969 also happened to be the year that the young J5 made their Motown debut, eventually taking the world by storm.

The only J5 song on this collection is called "What's So Good About Goodbye", but they also have an appearance on a cover of "You've Really Got a Hold On Me" by Bobby Taylor (AKA the man who supposedly discovered the brothers and took them to Motown in the first place). Here it is:

https://open.spotify.com/track/3T6PTAMmXmMK83z4Gul6lT?si=-UXW1AgoT_2SQnc0mROANw

Here's an article about the new songs too.

https://www.freep.com/story/enterta...vie-wonder-diana-ross-temptations/2383538001/

I actually like the song. Fresh

The year is not finished yet for maybe others unreleased Jackson five songs to be released.The first album of the Jackson Five was released on december 18th 1969.Let's keep our fingers crossed

Michael Jackson's voice is so..."PURE"in this song. :listeningtomusic

*bumpety bump*

The year is not finished yet for maybe others unreleased Jackson five songs to be released.The first album of the Jackson Five was released on december 18th 1969.Let's keep our fingers crossed

Although not officially announced, it was decently hinted that a cd containing unreleased Bobby Taylor produced songs from the 1969 summer sessions could be compiled. But thanks to LN this couldn't happen. Maybe this will be revived this year. We'll have to wait and see.

I bet this was a b.t production...i can hear him all thru it

It was indeed produced by Bobby Taylor. Another Taylor produced song that hasn't appeared on any J5 release yet is 1969s "You've Really Got A Hold On Me" (not to be confused with MJs 1973 solo re-recording of the same song). This one's released on "Motown Sings Motown Treasures".

Bobby really shouldve stayed with them. He really brought that soul out of mj

When the brothers minus Jermaine left for CBS, they wanted Taylor to produce for them; there were even talks with him. I don't know why it didn't happen.

When the brothers minus Jermaine left for CBS, they wanted Taylor to produce for them; there were even talks with him. I don't know why it didn't happen.
I wish they went with them instead of gamble & huff...not that i dont like there stuff but i can bet bobby's production wouldve been just wow!

Back