A MICHAEL JACKSON BIOPIC FILM: Why It Should Never Happen (HIStory In The Mix)

Elton-Cetera

Proud Member
A MICHAEL JACKSON BIOPIC FILM: Why It Should Never Happen (HIStory In The Mix)

it would never work because everybody has their own version of who Michael was. whether it's; fans, family, friends, media, etc. it's impossible to please them all whilst being truthful at the same time.

'American dream' and 'man in the mirror' were fine for what they were. one picked up where the other left off, and both halves completed the story.

of course, i'll love to see one that focuses on the 'thriller' era! it would start with Michael feeling underappreciated with the one grammy nomination for 'off the wall', to him sweeping the board with 8 wins in '84. I doubt that quincy would participate though, and without him it wouldn't work.

it would never work because everybody has their own version of who Michael was. whether it's; fans, family, friends, media, etc. it's impossible to please them all whilst being truthful at the same time.

'American dream' and 'man in the mirror' were fine for what they were. one picked up where the other left off, and both halves completed the story.

of course, i'll love to see one that focuses on the 'thriller' era! it would start with Michael feeling underappreciated with the one grammy nomination for 'off the wall', to him sweeping the board with 8 wins in '84. I doubt that quincy would participate though, and without him it wouldn't work.
Man in the mirror was fine?

Yes, Man In the Mirror, I saw that one.

Last edited:
To be fair to the lad, he's made a lot of really good points I agree with

I think Michael as a person and for his legacy, would be much better served in Senna/Amy documentary, were there is lots of audio and video of him to push the narrative along. I doubt there is anyone that could tell the story better than the man himself

Last edited:
I think flex captured Michael's speech and mannerisms more than anybody in 'man in the mirror'. that movie in general explored the complexities of Michael's personality and life that the previous one ('jacksons: the American dream') didn't. the only thing missing was the budget (which aside from the makeup job, wasn't that bad) and the rights to the music.

I liked 'the American dream' for the songs and music performances more than anything else. I just felt it was too Motown centric (which is understanding given the producers). it took a long time for it to really get started. there was a build up to them leaving Motown for cbs, yet... we didn't see any of that. not even 'shake your body'? just when it got interesting ('83 thriller), it ends... we never really got to know Michael as an adult.

'searching for neverland' was by far the worst.

The Jacksons: An American Dream

I liked 'the American dream' for the songs and music performances more than anything else. I just felt it was too Motown centric (which is understanding given the producers). it took a long time for it to really get started. there was a build up to them leaving Motown for cbs, yet... we didn't see any of that. not even 'shake your body'? just when it got interesting ('83 thriller), it ends... we never really got to know Michael as an adult.
The movie was about the Jackson 5, not about Mike's solo career. It doesn't have much about Jermaine's solo career either. It's like a biopic about The Beatles is not likely to mention Wings or Ringo's acting career after they broke up. Anyway Mike is fairly well documented post-Thriller, the J5 and The Jacksons in the 1960s & 1970s, not as much.

I thought "Man In The Mirror" was good, but I find actually flawed, with some inaccuracies like the era when Michael was supposed to be to be caramel coloured and his hair was grown during the Bad era, but remained the Thriller era look and in the Dnagerous era he was still black and post HIStory to Invincible era that choice of make up was awful like what did they put on Flex's face flour? They didn't make Michael look white as he supposed to look accurately, they made Michael looks way too pale.

Flex acting as Michael was good, but the timelines in eras and the choice of make up FLAWED.

"An Amercian Dream" and "Searching For Neverland" were way better.

Re: The Jacksons: An American Dream

The movie was about the Jackson 5, not about Mike's solo career. It doesn't have much about Jermaine's solo career either. It's like a biopic about The Beatles is not likely to mention Wings or Ringo's acting career after they broke up. Anyway Mike is fairly well documented post-Thriller, the J5 and The Jacksons in the 1960s & 1970s, not as much.

yes, the movie was about the jacksons. which is why it's so strange that the movie didn't touch on their music at cbs at all. you didn't get to hear the self written material that they fought so hard for. 'can you feel it' should have been a moment at least. instead it was the j5 Motown years - which already had plenty of coverage with 'the legend continues' documentary.

Back