This Is It 10th Anniversary Boxset

Petarkco

Proud Member

4 Vinyl LPs in Blue
A 60 page hardcover coffee book
3D Enhanced Blu-Ray copy of the film
Replica concert ticket
Collectable numbered box with built in sound-responsive LED light panel.

Limited to 1,000 copies.

meh... no previously unseen footage. No new audio mix of the rehearsals. The only new staff can be in coffee book. Beautiful and pointless. Next please.

10 years and they couldn't even include any unseen footage or unheard audio.

Why am I not surprised?

They shouldve included the dirty diana rehearsals

They shouldve included the dirty diana rehearsals

Yes, this is a VERY expensive set.

We already have the the 3D BluRay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Michael-...265491?hash=item1efc70bc13:g:obsAAOSw9ClcgY9E

We already have the lenticular 'ticket':

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Michael-...550684?hash=item3655131fdc:g:VRIAAOSwURhdkb0z

We already have the This Is It album on vinyl:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Michael-...708478&hash=item1eba7d4bf0:g:RxQAAOSww3tY6CC1

No doubt we've already seen most of the photos in the book.

So what you're really paying for here is blue vinyl and a fancy box that lights up and could be made by anybody with some basic electronics knowledge for less than a tenner.

Surely it couldn't be too hard to add SOMETHING extra to the film to make it worthwhile. They haven't even bothered to change the cover art to match the box style - a job that would take minutes - so they're probably just using standard stock they already have in a warehouse somewhere. The same with those lenticular tickets - they probably had them in storage for the past 10 years. Sure, they gotta print blue vinyl but I'd hazard a guess that the album sound quality itself has not been improved in any way.

I should add that I have mentioned on here many times that was eagerly awaiting a 10th anniversary edition and that I would buy it if it had content that I didn't already have. But this is just too expensive for too little benefit for me to bother. Of course, others will (and that's fine) but it's not for me.

I hope MJ Estate has some plans to release something more affordable that I would want to buy, but I can't see how they could do that now.

Last edited:
Yes, this is a VERY expensive set.

We already have the the 3D BluRay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Michael-...265491?hash=item1efc70bc13:g:obsAAOSw9ClcgY9E

We already have the lenticular 'ticket':

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Michael-...550684?hash=item3655131fdc:g:VRIAAOSwURhdkb0z

We already have the This Is It album on vinyl:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Michael-...708478&hash=item1eba7d4bf0:g:RxQAAOSww3tY6CC1

No doubt we've already seen most of the photos in the book.

So what you're really paying for here is blue vinyl and a fancy box that lights up and could be made by anybody with some basic electronics knowledge for less than a tenner.

Surely it couldn't be too hard to add SOMETHING extra to the film to make it worthwhile. They haven't even bothered to change the cover art to match the box style - a job that would take minutes - so they're probably just using standard stock they already have in a warehouse somewhere. The same with those lenticular tickets - they probably had them in storage for the past 10 years. Sure, they gotta print blue vinyl but I'd hazard a guess that the album sound quality itself has not been improved in any way.

I should add that I have mentioned on here many times that was eagerly awaiting a 10th anniversary edition and that I would buy it if it had content that I didn't already have. But this is just too expensive for too little benefit for me to bother. Of course, others will (and that's fine) but it's not for me.

I hope MJ Estate has some plans to release something more affordable that I would want to buy, but I can't see how they could do that now.
My thoughts exactly. This is an horrific price for the set.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have mixed feelings for this. i remember someone on the form early this year talking about how it's been 10 years since this is it was release and will they do something for it's 10 year anniversary. We'll i guess that person got their wish.

how do i feel about this?

in my head it like it's finally something new. we thought we wasn't gonna get nothing this year. but at the sametime i'm like we don't need half this stuff and why this is it? why do we want something have do with Michael passing away weeks before this concert? it's makes no sense and waste of time and money.

we have all of this. the only thing that would worth is the book that's probably has pictures we already have and the build in light up box that's moves to the beat of music. everything else here is waste of time and money.

I see there's also new wear on the shop site. which great because we do need some more but couldn't they use a different image instead of just one?

my opinion on this is it waste of time and money. would i buy? Mmmm……. not really. we already have all this stuff.

if we could buy each item by themselves then yes. i would buy the box and the book. yeah i know it's not much. but it would still be a part of an collection.

give this product right now 3 in half stars.

you know there's gonna be some fans who's gonna buy it so i'll be looking out for the unboxing videos later this year and next. :D

Last edited:
innuendo141;4270818 said:
$450...

Thats cheep. xD In EU its €539.99

BAD 25 and Thriller 25 were so much better. this right here is only money grabbing. it's kind of like the scream 2017 album expect it has more stuff with it.

b2e20d526f9b8d898f0657b2f6a443a5.jpg

540 Euro. Totally insane. As a collector, I want to have these blue vinyls. damn. but the price is absolutely not acceptable.

Better these idiot release a Dangerous 25, BOTD 20, or all the Tours on Blu-ray.

This sure is notable, the first official release post-LN?

On account of them expecting UK customers to pay approximately £100 more for it versus the US, it's a hard pass. They appear to have learned nothing from the picture disc box set release where they initially expected the same thing before reducing the price and refunding everyone in the UK the difference.

If there was something really special in this, I may have purchased, but 3D blu-ray is about as special as it gets and I already have it, plus they are shafting the UK customers on the price.

This is absolutely not acceptable for a price. This set is an album, a blu ray, a book and a ticket. 180 euro tops.

I dont get it why there is no any unseen footage..... Wihtout any new material this price is insane.

That set is expensive but it looks great. I hope they re-release the film on Blu-Ray/DVD with unseen rehersals at some point. Like Dangerous and Dirty Diana. They could also add full versions of some of the rehearsals seen in the film.

I truly don't know how to feel about this.

On the one hand, the Estate is preoccupied with the HBO trial to put effort into a quality project.

On the other, that means they shouldn't have released anything at all if they couldn't devote adequate time to it.

Then again, fans have been incessantly and unfairly complaining about things without any regard for price or income, so maybe this is an attempt at pacifying them. (Plus, given the general attitude of the community, I'd say this amounts to "just desserts.")

Then again, this is monstrously overpriced given the included content.

Then again, I love the product and merch designs, and if it were about $250 cheaper I'd buy one.

Then again, this ruined our ten-year expectation of getting the unseen songs ("Stranger in Moscow" and "Dangerous").

As someone who will defend the Estate whenever necessary, projects like this are massively disappointing. I honestly think it would've been a better idea to give us nothing at all this year. Sigh.

On the one hand, the Estate is preoccupied with the HBO trial to put effort into a quality project.

On the other, that means they shouldn't have released anything at all if they couldn't devote adequate time to it.

I honestly don't know why people say this.

It's not as if the two Johns sit in a room and do all this stuff themselves.

They pay lawyers to take the burden of the HBO case.
They pay completely separate creative teams to put together products.

Aside from providing a less than ideal time period for release, the HBO issue should not prevent good products being created.

Then again, this is monstrously overpriced given the included content.

Then again, I love the product and merch designs, and if it were about $250 cheaper I'd buy one.

Then again, this ruined our ten-year expectation of getting the unseen songs ("Stranger in Moscow" and "Dangerous").

As someone who will defend the Estate whenever necessary, projects like this are massively disappointing. I honestly think it would've been a better idea to give us nothing at all this year. Sigh.

The fans' expectation for a 10 year anniversary edition was (as far as I know) completely baseless, so we were't promised anything, and from that point of view they haven't under-delivered. BUT yes this product is far too expensive for the content. I provided links earlier. Really this set should be half the price (MAXIMUM!).

^^ That seems to be the general reaction I've seen online.

MJ fans are fussy, but I don't think we're being unreasonable on this occasion.

They should release the blue Vinyls in a Set. Like the original TII Vinyls 10 Years ago.

That would be cool, but the original This Is It vinyl soundtrack is still in stock at many places, so I doubt they will release that considering the original didn't sell out.

I'm not mad about this. i'm glad they did something "new" just it's too expensive and we already have half this stuff.

Can’t wait until someone else takes over the Estate and can actually do things right for a change.

It’s basically the same shit. This is nothing new.

I really like This Is It despite all the stuff we now know because it shows how genius, humble and friendly Michael was with 50 and not the freak the media wanted him to make. I would have loved a big 10th anniverary-release with some new footage. But this year is not the time for a big release.

So this 1000-items is not made for a big audience or complaing fans. When there is never seen footage it is a right decision to release it not yet and use it ot another anniversary. The 1000 items will be sold out quickly.

This should be 150 max. Not even any new footage or anything. They are so out of touch, and I'm someone who usually buys stuff like this.

The 1000 items will be sold out quickly.

Who said they won't? But only people with OCD are going to buy this. You know, those who NEED to have anything MJ related. This is not worth any cent imho.

Back