Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

   
  1. #1
    Points: 26,611, Level: 97
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,736
    Points
    26,611
    Level
    97
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 150 Times in 71 Posts

    Default If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    This is purely a discussion, nothing more.


    I've always wondered how I would feel if anything incriminating ever came forward about MJ and as a fan if I would still like his music. I think we can all agree Michaels life wasn't normal and he wasn't a normal person, however, that being said I'm still torn on a couple of things.

    Given the impact he had on pop culture anything damming or incriminating brought forward about him would totally destroy anything good he did. It's an interesting dynamic. I think with all the sycophants in Michaels life and his lack of awareness outside his bubble, he was taken advantage off and people just looked at him as a cash cow. But as a fan I honestly don't know how i would react if anything incriminating was presented about MJ. I think we can all agree his behaviours weren't exactly normal but that's not to say that anyone who behaves different is a criminal. I dunno man, i'd just like to see his name cleared once and for all about all this stuff.

  2. #2
    Points: 8,485, Level: 62
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,211
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    62
    Thanks
    884
    Thanked 403 Times in 289 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    There's no such thing as normal. BUT if Michael did do anything (which he didn't) he would need to go to jail and get some serious help. love Michael but if he did anything wrong i will call him out for it. he may be one of biggest superstars in the world. but if he did a crime he deserve the time. MJINNOCENT

  3. #3
    Points: 10,796, Level: 68
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Toronto , ON
    Posts
    1,619
    Points
    10,796
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    3,911
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 822 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Its weird this thread popped up. I recently found this YT channel of a "former fan" who now believes the lies.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/lindalovesmusic1
    At first I was confused because of all the pro mj videos in the past. I thought it was an anti mj page. Feel free to give her some facts/report her nonsense videos. Its just sad that even fans can be flipped. To answer your question I would not support MJ at all. No excuses.

  4. #4
    Points: 6,799, Level: 54
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    633
    Points
    6,799
    Level
    54
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked 901 Times in 323 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    Its weird this thread popped up. I recently found this YT channel of a "former fan" who now believes the lies.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/lindalovesmusic1
    At first I was confused because of all the pro mj videos in the past. I thought it was an anti mj page. Feel free to give her some facts/report her nonsense videos. Its just sad that even fans can be flipped. To answer your question I would not support MJ at all. No excuses.
    Be wary of people who claim to be “former fans”. In reality, they are haters who were never fans and just pretend that they are now former fans and believe the scam. I have had many debates with these so-called “former fans”. In the end I exposed them as not being fans at all. I would bet anything that this so-called former fans was NEVER a fan. Don’t let people like that trick you into believing their AGENDA.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to somewhereinthedark For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Points: 704, Level: 14
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    SilkySnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    57
    Points
    704
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller_MJ View Post
    I think we can all agree Michaels life wasn't normal and he wasn't a normal person, however, that being said I'm still torn on a couple of things.
    This is just the thing. Why wasn't he normal?
    I mean, sure...he had an abnormal talent for music. And he had an incredible sense of empathy. And he didn't get along with most people because he was too honest and good. But, uhm...that actually also describes me very well. Besides the music talent, of course If I had his money, I would act exactly the same.

    He was ahead of its time and destroyed by the media. He wasn't weird. Let's list some things that supposedly make him weird;

    - He secluded himeself on his ranch
    We all do that. We find our safe place which is our home with our family. But most of us try to fit in with the general population. Because we have to. We have to go to our jobs, to the store, to the post office. He didn't. There was no need for him to do that. And even if he did, which he wanted, the media would just swarm him and ruin everything.
    So when you don't get along with most of the people and are disabled on the street by the media...what else do you have left? I would also build myself my own safe world. With arcade machines and animals. I love animals and so did he. I love videogames and so did he.
    I honestly and objectively see nothing weird with his ranch.

    - He looked weird
    Well, uhm...do we really need to go into that? He had a disease. Let's just move on please.

    - He hanged around with children
    You see...I'm more an animal than people guy. If I was in his place, I would surround myself with animals, not humans. But he loved the human race and he loved every single person. But grown ups are idiots who just want to use him for his money. Who do you turn to, then? The children of course!
    Children were his friends because they had fun, not because he was Michael Jackson. I mean...you gotta have SOME human contact, right? I personally like children only to a certain extent. I like to play with them, but that's it. They can quickly get on my nerves. So I wouldn't spend my free time with them. I would go with animals.
    So is it weird for a regular person to hang with kids? Probably, yes. Is it weird for Michael Jackson? I say no.

    - He dressed funny
    He was a star. A king. A self-made royalty. Of course he dressed lavishly. He made sure that every one of his public appearences was in style. And I absolutely LOVE that! He created his own style and set his own trends. Do you really want him to walk around in jeans and a sweater?


    So please...list some more things that make him strange and not normal. I would really like to hear some reasons why people perceive him that way...

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilkySnare For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Points: 8,493, Level: 62
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,291
    Points
    8,493
    Level
    62
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 702 Times in 380 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Michael Jackson intentionally wanted to be perceived by many people as a not normal, but instead a weird, strange figure when he started to plant fake, weird stories in the press about himself in the mid/late ‘80s (with the help of Frank Dileo).

    Many of those fake stories appeared also on his ‘Leave Me Alone’ music video in an effort to enforce them even more to people's mind.

    Also, his increasing use of wearing a surgical mask in many public occasions (as a way to establish a new trademark) made many people consider him even more a weird figure.

    But it was not just that peculiar fixation he had with that mask.

    For example, his public appearance in court one time wearing his pyjamas and slippers (2005) raised eyebrows.

    Especially, during his final years, certain things that Michael Jackson did they fueled even more people’s opinion about him being a weird figure.

    Three examples just off the top of my head:

    In 2008 (December), he appeared publicly wearing a Zorro mask.

    In 2008 (July), he appeared publicly wearing pyjamas and moving in a wheelchair.

    In 2007 (December), he appeared publicly with his face covered in sticking plasters.

    Michael Jackson was desperately trying to be in the limelight for the biggest part of his life, not just by means of his art but also through other unconventional ways like all those that I mentioned above.

    It was mainly about him creating mystery and attracting attention.

  9. #7
    Points: 26,611, Level: 97
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,736
    Points
    26,611
    Level
    97
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 150 Times in 71 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Michael Jackson intentionally wanted to be perceived by many people as a not normal, but instead a weird, strange figure when he started to plant fake, weird stories in the press about himself in the mid/late ‘80s (with the help of Frank Dileo).

    Many of those fake stories appeared also on his ‘Leave Me Alone’ music video in an effort to enforce them even more to people's mind.

    Also, his increasing use of wearing a surgical mask in many public occasions (as a way to establish a new trademark) made many people consider him even more a weird figure.

    But it was not just that peculiar fixation he had with that mask.

    For example, his public appearance in court one time wearing his pyjamas and slippers (2005) raised eyebrows.

    Especially, during his final years, certain things that Michael Jackson did they fueled even more people’s opinion about him being a weird figure.

    Three examples just off the top of my head:

    In 2008 (December), he appeared publicly wearing a Zorro mask.

    In 2008 (July), he appeared publicly wearing pyjamas and moving in a wheelchair.

    In 2007 (December), he appeared publicly with his face covered in sticking plasters.

    Michael Jackson was desperately trying to be in the limelight for the biggest part of his life, not just by means of his art but also through other unconventional ways like all those that I mentioned above.

    It was mainly about him creating mystery and attracting attention.
    So what you're saying is MJ is a classic case of you reap what you sew? If he planted fake stories of himself and then complained about media treatment then that's his fault nobody elses. Of course the media treated him horribly but he wasn't doing himself any favours either.

  10. #8
    Points: 704, Level: 14
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    SilkySnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    57
    Points
    704
    Level
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Michael Jackson intentionally wanted to be perceived by many people as a not normal, but instead a weird, strange figure when he started to plant fake, weird stories in the press about himself in the mid/late ‘80s (with the help of Frank Dileo).

    Many of those fake stories appeared also on his ‘Leave Me Alone’ music video in an effort to enforce them even more to people's mind.

    Also, his increasing use of wearing a surgical mask in many public occasions (as a way to establish a new trademark) made many people consider him even more a weird figure.

    But it was not just that peculiar fixation he had with that mask.

    For example, his public appearance in court one time wearing his pyjamas and slippers (2005) raised eyebrows.

    Especially, during his final years, certain things that Michael Jackson did they fueled even more people’s opinion about him being a weird figure.

    Three examples just off the top of my head:

    In 2008 (December), he appeared publicly wearing a Zorro mask.

    In 2008 (July), he appeared publicly wearing pyjamas and moving in a wheelchair.

    In 2007 (December), he appeared publicly with his face covered in sticking plasters.

    Michael Jackson was desperately trying to be in the limelight for the biggest part of his life, not just by means of his art but also through other unconventional ways like all those that I mentioned above.

    It was mainly about him creating mystery and attracting attention.

    I'm sorry, but this is most likely completely wrong.
    Yes, he did tease the media with a couple of fake stories, but that was not because he had a grand scheme behind it. He was just poking fun at them, something he liked to do in general. He was just naive and didn't predict the terrible consequences that would follow.
    Yes, that stuff was in the Leave me Alone video. But I don't think for the reason that you mentioned. It was a culmination of headlines that the media had already been portraying about him. There was no need to do it further, your reasoning is just absurd.

    Surgical mask as a trademark? What? have you ever been to Japan? People wear them everywhere over there. It's something you do to protect yourself from the germs.

    That time in pyamas? Wasn't that the same time he fell under the shower and showed up all confused with a dislocated shoulder? You actually think he wanted to show up in pyamas?

    How do you know the story behind the wheelchair? Did you talk to him?

    Oh wow, he had a Zorro mask. Yeah...that's super weird, mhm

    I mean we are talking about a man who was super sophisticated, was meeting almost every important person on this planet, was trying to keep his art on the highest possible level of quality...you really think he would want to do that?
    He wanted to get away from it all, why would he seek such twisted media attention? It makes no sense. He didn't NEED that kind of attention. It was enough for him to walk down the road and people would be all over him.

    I'm really struggling to makes sense of your way of thinking

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilkySnare For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Points: 8,485, Level: 62
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,211
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    62
    Thanks
    884
    Thanked 403 Times in 289 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Being around kids is okay. yeah some people may think it's weird but it's not. as long the person is kind and don't want to hurt them. a lot of psychologists claimed michael behavior was normal. i like kids too and my psychologist says it's fine. while me and Michael are different in some ways this topic maybe kind of different for both of us.

  13. #10
    Points: 8,485, Level: 62
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,211
    Points
    8,485
    Level
    62
    Thanks
    884
    Thanked 403 Times in 289 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    I like i said in a thread earlier this year. Michael should of got help. when i say that people thinks i'm being rude. and no i'm not. he went though some serious trauma and should of just went. i heard that the family was gonna go to family therapy but Michael didn't want to. if this true he should have. i understand Michael family is crazy and he probably didn't want to go to family therapy. that's understandable but for his own sake he should of went by himself. they claimed Michael had depression by the middle of his life and that's no surprise due all the crap he when though during that time. i feel so sorry for him.

  14. #11
    Points: 10,796, Level: 68
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Toronto , ON
    Posts
    1,619
    Points
    10,796
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    3,911
    Thanked 2,039 Times in 822 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Quote Originally Posted by somewhereinthedark View Post
    Be wary of people who claim to be “former fans”. In reality, they are haters who were never fans and just pretend that they are now former fans and believe the scam. I have had many debates with these so-called “former fans”. In the end I exposed them as not being fans at all. I would bet anything that this so-called former fans was NEVER a fan. Don’t let people like that trick you into believing their AGENDA.
    Agreed. I'm skeptical this person was ever really a fan also. These people will do anything to sound credible.

  15. #12
    Points: 32,949, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    PoP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,766
    Points
    32,949
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    23
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked 1,423 Times in 888 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    I still be a fan, but I’d become a very different person like I would’ve been in 2005. A very dark person.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

  16. #13
    Points: 59,217, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    7,375
    Points
    59,217
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,154
    Thanked 8,411 Times in 2,629 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    If Michael was guilty I would have been done with him and his music a long time ago.

  17. #14
    Points: 1,474, Level: 21
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Alh21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    523
    Points
    1,474
    Level
    21
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 210 Times in 139 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    If Michael was guilty I would have been done with him and his music a long time ago.
    I have to agree with that as well, but thankfully he isn’t guilty, my son asked me the very same question a few days ago.

  18. #15
    Points: 1,474, Level: 21
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Alh21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    523
    Points
    1,474
    Level
    21
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 210 Times in 139 Posts

    Default Re: If there was evidence that Michael ever harmed a child,would you still be a fan?

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    I like i said in a thread earlier this year. Michael should of got help. when i say that people thinks i'm being rude. and no i'm not. he went though some serious trauma and should of just went. i heard that the family was gonna go to family therapy but Michael didn't want to. if this true he should have. i understand Michael family is crazy and he probably didn't want to go to family therapy. that's understandable but for his own sake he should of went by himself. they claimed Michael had depression by the middle of his life and that's no surprise due all the crap he when though during that time. i feel so sorry for him.
    what makes you think Michaels family was crazy?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •