Have you lost friends because you believe Michael is innocent?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
With my friend circle we don't really talk about MJ cause my friends think he is guilty and I'm the only one who thinks other-wise. Like myself they did watch Leaving Neverland when it was shown on TV and walked away from it absolutely 100% convinced Michael was guilty where as I had more questions than answers about it. They won't really listen to any arguments FOR Michael so they just saw Leaving Neverland and it confirmed what they suspected all along about MJ so that sealed it for them. But we haven't fallen out over it we just don't talk about it, it's sorta became a rule.

I haven't come across anyone as yet that thinks MJ is guilty so I suppose I'm lucky, the only thing I would say if I did come across anyone like that would be, go and do your research then come back and tell me you still believe it, if they did then that's their problem not mine, at the end of the day there will always be people that want to believe he was guilty because it suits them and they don't want to admit their wrong

Yes. i also lost friends with other things too. it's apart of life. you loose friends. you gain friends. it's just life. when it comes to Michael this is just how it is, whatever we like it or not. if i was gonna make a friend one of the first things i'm gonna ask them. do you like Michael Jackson? everyone has their own different taste so i'm not saying if they don't like him it's because they think he's guilty. but if they tell me that they do like him or don't have a problem of me liking his music in general. then we cool. though some MJ fans tend to find other fans who also like him because they know how difficult it's hard to find fans especially now due to this crap that's going on.

i know it probably hurts if you been friends with these people especially for a very long time but it's just life. i'm sorry you have to go though this.

NatureCriminal7896;4271232 said:
Yes. i also lost friends with other things too. it's apart of life. you loose friends. you gain friends. it's just life. when it comes to Michael this is just how it is, whatever we like it or not. if i was gonna make a friend one of the first things i'm gonna ask them. do you like Michael Jackson? everyone has their own different taste so i'm not saying if they don't like him it's because they think he's guilty. but if they tell me that they do like him or don't have a problem of me liking his music in general. then we cool. though some MJ fans tend to find other fans who also like him because they know how difficult it's hard to find fans especially now due to this crap that's going on.

i know it probably hurts if you been friends with these people especially for a very long time but it's just life. i'm sorry you have to go though this.
I agree and it’s very hard when friends don’t agree, I think the best way is probably don’t talk about Michael, at least that way u won’t fall out

Yeah. but it isn't fair it's best to find friends who are MJ fans or have no problem with you liking MJ. if you can't express the way you like mj then these people are not for you. find new friends. i learn that the hard way.

I do not know no one who ever believed it from my family, friends, job, community.

i have friends who believe the LN crap and I was kind of surprised and disappointed at the same time because I thought they were smarter. I only said "well, they tell a story and told a completely different story before. Also there is not a single evidence"... and my firends went "well, I think there is a LOT of evidence". So I just said, well, there is a lot going on and people should do their research before judging. The end.

I dont want to fight in my real world anymore. All my friends know me loving MJ and I will always and forever defend him.

It is not that I lose them as friends but I see them with a lil different eye now.

Honestly, I expected to lose friends, but I've been pleasantly surprised. (I have a lot of friends who are into the MeToo movement and similar, so I just figured a lot of people I know would buy into the BS.) For several months after LN came out, I really laid low when it came to posting on Facebook and talking about Michael (still wore MJ shirts in public, but I didn't actually bring up the topic), but lately I've been braver about it and have gotten positive responses. (For example, I've posted the blankets I made on Facebook, and lots of people love them.) I have a few friends who I think might buy into the crap, but they just don't bring up the topic with me, so I don't mention it around them. I've been really fortunate in this regard.

Most of my recent friends I've had are online friends, and they tend to be MJ fans already. Older friends, I haven't seen in years, so I don't know what their opinion of Michael is. I don't talk about Michael with people unless it comes up. I also only share my Michael posts with people I know are fans on FB, but I wonder if I should post something about Michael with others to test the waters, and see if anyone likes the post or leaves a comment. I could probably share the Square One doc. I just don't like confrontation you know, not that I think I'd experience anything negative. I probably would have no trouble countering stuff with facts, but I still get sensitive about it emotionally after the fact. Most of my general posts get ignored anyway though, so I might not get any response except from other fans.

Define “friend”.

At this point in my life, my established friendships go back 25 years, 30 years, or even more. With some of them I’ve been through hell and back. It would take some serious misconduct on their part for me to even consider ending that friendship, and vice versa.

That said, these people are my friends for a reason. We share the same values.

While LN did initially raise some eyebrows, it didn’t take more than reminding everyone of the presumption of innocence as a pillar of human rights to get them back on track and start a healthy discussion about the actual facts of the matter.

As far as casual acquaintances or “friends” on social media go, I try to choose my battles wisely. Sometimes you just have to let people go, because they will believe what they want to believe, no matter what. And in those cases, it’s not really a loss, because you can’t trust them to not turn their witch hunt mentality against yourself at some point in the future.

If I don’t find common ground with someone on basic human rights, I don’t see a point in discussing matters any further, because nothing good will ever result from that kind of discussion. That energy is better invested in people with a genuine desire to seek the truth.

“Do not argue with every one, nor practise upon the man in the street: for there are some people with whom any argument is bound to degenerate. For against any one who is ready to try all means in order to seem not to be beaten, it is indeed fair to try all means of bringing about one's conclusion: but it is not good form. Wherefore the best rule is, not lightly to engage with casual acquaintances, or bad argument is sure to result.”
– Aristotle (Topics, Book VIII)

http://classics.mit.edu/Aristotle/topics.8.viii.html

I find it perfectly adequate to back out of unpromising discussions, and no one did it with more style than Bertrand Russell in his response to a fascist’s provocation:

“I feel obliged to say that the emotional universes we inhabit are so distinct, and in deepest ways opposed, that nothing fruitful or sincere could ever emerge from association between us. I should like you to understand the intensity of this conviction on my part. It is not out of any attempt to be rude that I say this but because of all that I value in human experience and human achievement.”

https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/10/06/bertrand-russell-oswald-mosley/

Be kind to everyone, but be careful whom you call your friend. The rule I live by. Had to learn it the hard way in my 20’s. ;)

i have friends who believe the LN crap and I was kind of surprised and disappointed at the same time because I thought they were smarter. I only said "well, they tell a story and told a completely different story before. Also there is not a single evidence"... and my firends went "well, I think there is a LOT of evidence". So I just said, well, there is a lot going on and people should do their research before judging. The end.

I dont want to fight in my real world anymore. All my friends know me loving MJ and I will always and forever defend him.

It is not that I lose them as friends but I see them with a lil different eye now.
What LOTS of evidence? You so called friends are dumb. Did they outline any of that "LOT' of evidence? No, because there was none. But there is plenty/LOTS of evidence showing these accusers as LIAR. If they ever do bring it up, use them in the example of what if someone accused you, LIED and change stories, should we believe them over you? Sometimes you have put people in another person's shoes to walk in them.

One in particular after Leaving Neverland.. well I'll just say his reaction to it, effected me. When I entered freshman year of highshool when being an MJ fan wasnt really talked about.. he came over and saw the Dangerous Short Films VHS.. I remember getting nervous what his reaction would be and he said "ohh you have that? I love that, I've seen the whole thing."

I held that moment close to me, and we always shared an artistic bond that's been unique.. I feel like I lost that after Leaving Neverland.

One in particular after Leaving Neverland.. well I'll just say his reaction to it, effected me. When I entered freshman year of highshool when being an MJ fan wasnt really talked about.. he came over and saw the Dangerous Short Films VHS.. I remember getting nervous what his reaction would be and he said "ohh you have that? I love that, I've seen the whole thing."

I held that moment close to me, and we always shared an artistic bond that's been unique.. I feel like I lost that after Leaving Neverland.

I'm so sorry.

And some so called friend trash people you like just to get under your skin. If you say youn like blue, they will say they like red just to get on your nerves. I bet when they go home, they have MJ's music blasting.

Back