Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 138

Thread: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

   
  1. #16
    Points: 7,587, Level: 58
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oman
    Posts
    698
    Points
    7,587
    Level
    58
    Thanks
    257
    Thanked 899 Times in 335 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Will.I.Am tracks probably has some minor vocals, humming etc

    Judging by the leaked snippets

    https://youtu.be/quSUhkjvcO0

  2. #17
    Points: 10,528, Level: 68
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,672
    Points
    10,528
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 813 Times in 463 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Michael Jackson returned to studio in 2003 to rework songs that did not make the ‘Invincible’ album.

    These songs were mostly songs that he had already worked with Rodney Jerkins during the ‘Invincible’ sessions.

    For that reason, he called Rodney Jerkins again who immediately accepted to work with Michael Jackson for one more time for a brand new studio album (although Rodney Jerkins was also busy working on other artists’ albums at that time).

    This should not be confused with the fake ‘Resurrection’ album project which was just a result of an idea that some dissatisfied fans (with the whole ‘Invincible’ sad situation) came up with.

    Also, in 2007 (February), Raymone Bain (who was his official representative at the time) confirmed that the main reason for Michael Jackson's temporary residence in Las Vegas was that he found it a convenient location to record with the artists, songwriters, and producers who were working with him the studio.

    Few months later (June), a brand new studio album was almost complete, as Raymone Bain confirmed by saying that Michael Jackson was putting finishing touches on it.

    In 2008 (May), American producer Ne-Yo revealed that he was submitting songs to Michael Jackson for a new studio album.

    Ne-Yo stated also that this was going to be a very important album for Michael Jackson.

    The following month (June), Ne-Yo became more specific and said that he was submitting songs as MP3s via email to Michael Jackson.

    Michael Jackson after hearing these submitted songs (and after demanding slight changes to some of them) he found them perfect and he continued to request even more songs from Ne-Yo for a new album.

    That recorded material (coming from Ne-Yo) also still exists and it consists of nearly completed songs with Michael Jackson’s vocals on many of them.

    In short, there was not only a planned studio album (after ‘Invincible’), but also there is still a lot of nearly completed unheard material from those years.

  3. #18
    Points: 28,189, Level: 98
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,811
    Points
    28,189
    Level
    98
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 216 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    If i memory serves me right there was talks that part of a Classical album had been recorded, but i don't know if that was just rumours or what.

  4. #19
    Points: 60,952, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    melbourne australia
    Posts
    21,263
    Points
    60,952
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,473 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    yeh i heard bout the classical stuff

  5. #20
    Points: 12,873, Level: 74
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    SmoothCriminal1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,492
    Points
    12,873
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    6,182
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 743 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    That's interesting mj_frenzy, I did'n't know all that. I didn't realise Michael recorded any Ne-Yo tracks

  6. #21
    Points: 7,409, Level: 57
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    269
    Points
    7,409
    Level
    57
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 242 Times in 98 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Thats because he didn't. Neither NeYo nor Brad Buxer, Prince etc confirmed MJ recorded them. Brad said MJ recorded very little in 2008 and Prince said im 2009 it was all TII.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thiron For This Useful Post:


  8. #22
    Points: 9,293, Level: 64
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wonderouzmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,198
    Points
    9,293
    Level
    64
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 746 Times in 359 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Quote Originally Posted by muhammed View Post
    Will.I.Am tracks probably has some minor vocals, humming etc

    Judging by the leaked snippets

    https://youtu.be/quSUhkjvcO0
    Dont ever trust that channel. It's full of bs!

  9. #23
    Points: 4,828, Level: 44
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    91
    Points
    4,828
    Level
    44
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 84 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Quote Originally Posted by muhammed View Post
    Will.I.Am tracks probably has some minor vocals, humming etc

    Judging by the leaked snippets

    https://youtu.be/quSUhkjvcO0
    That's "Fly Girl" by will.i.am from his 2007 album Songs About Girls. I don't think it was ever supposed to be an MJ song. He was probably just previewing his album for Michael in that snippet (which is from that Access Hollywood interview from 2006 IIRC).

  10. #24
    Points: 9,293, Level: 64
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    wonderouzmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,198
    Points
    9,293
    Level
    64
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 746 Times in 359 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddlicious View Post
    That's "Fly Girl" by will.i.am from his 2007 album Songs About Girls. I don't think it was ever supposed to be an MJ song. He was probably just previewing his album for Michael in that snippet (which is from that Access Hollywood interview from 2006 IIRC).
    Exactly. The whole video went thru my head while listening to this

  11. #25
    Points: 10,610, Level: 68
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,203
    Points
    10,610
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    3,136
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 892 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Michael Jackson returned to studio in 2003 to rework songs that did not make the ‘Invincible’ album.

    These songs were mostly songs that he had already worked with Rodney Jerkins during the ‘Invincible’ sessions.

    For that reason, he called Rodney Jerkins again who immediately accepted to work with Michael Jackson for one more time for a brand new studio album (although Rodney Jerkins was also busy working on other artists’ albums at that time).

    This should not be confused with the fake ‘Resurrection’ album project which was just a result of an idea that some dissatisfied fans (with the whole ‘Invincible’ sad situation) came up with.

    Also, in 2007 (February), Raymone Bain (who was his official representative at the time) confirmed that the main reason for Michael Jackson's temporary residence in Las Vegas was that he found it a convenient location to record with the artists, songwriters, and producers who were working with him the studio.

    Few months later (June), a brand new studio album was almost complete, as Raymone Bain confirmed by saying that Michael Jackson was putting finishing touches on it.

    In 2008 (May), American producer Ne-Yo revealed that he was submitting songs to Michael Jackson for a new studio album.

    Ne-Yo stated also that this was going to be a very important album for Michael Jackson.

    The following month (June), Ne-Yo became more specific and said that he was submitting songs as MP3s via email to Michael Jackson.

    Michael Jackson after hearing these submitted songs (and after demanding slight changes to some of them) he found them perfect and he continued to request even more songs from Ne-Yo for a new album.

    That recorded material (coming from Ne-Yo) also still exists and it consists of nearly completed songs with Michael Jackson’s vocals on many of them.

    In short, there was not only a planned studio album (after ‘Invincible’), but also there is still a lot of nearly completed unheard material from those years.
    I'm sorry but this sounds like complete fantasy to me. The estate would not just sit on a near finished 2007 era album from MJ.

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:


  13. #26
    Points: 7,105, Level: 55
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    158
    Points
    7,105
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 92 Times in 55 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    I'm sorry but this sounds like complete fantasy to me. The estate would not just sit on a near finished 2007 era album from MJ.
    True. Plus, the only source seems to be Raymone Bain, whom does not really correspond to the definition of reliable. But still, we could be wrong, but it's unlikely.

  14. #27
    Points: 22,270, Level: 92
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,319
    Points
    22,270
    Level
    92
    Thanks
    2,167
    Thanked 4,887 Times in 1,800 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    No way is this true. It makes no sense.

    Since 2009, we've received two studio albums and a total of 22 songs (excluding the three Cascio tracks), 12 of which have never been heard before in any capacity. Only TWO of these 22 songs were recorded post-trial, and only ONE of those ("Best of Joy") was previously unheard.

    Also, remember that the Estate paid Eddie Cascio an exorbitant amount of money when he offered them 12 finished songs that MJ supposedly recorded in 2007, then ignored the advice of countless collaborators and family members and included THREE of those songs on an album.

    Also also, at least four of the collaborators MJ worked with between 2005-09 have stated publicly, in no uncertain terms, that the majority of the material they worked on together is radically incomplete. Ne-Yo doesn't even know if MJ recorded any of the demos he sent.

    Also also also, WHY would Michael return to Sony with a new album in 2008? Sure, he was willing to set aside the difficulties to churn out Thriller 25, but by all accounts he still despised that company and was under no obligation to work with them in such a capacity. I'd sooner believe he'd release the album independently before ever handing it to Sony.

    If Michael Jackson left behind anything resembling a finished album from 2007-08, the Cascio tracks would have never been released, we'd have more than one new song from that era, and the people with first-hand knowledge of the respective recording sessions would be singing different tunes.

    I don't know who Damien Shields's source is on this one, but he should stop consulting them.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:


  16. #28
    Points: 7,292, Level: 56
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,631
    Points
    7,292
    Level
    56
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 709 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Michael didn’t record a lot of songs after the Invincible era, due to various reasons. And the songs that he recorded, hardly any was finished. I strongly doubt that he had an album ready to be released in 2007/2008. That’s complete nonsense.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:


  18. #29
    Points: 24,845, Level: 95
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mo_rizwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,942
    Points
    24,845
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    810
    Thanked 388 Times in 185 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    In June 2002, Michael attended a fan event organised by MJNI in London where he said, "I Promise You, The Best Is Yet To Come!"

    I attended that event, and was a bit confused as to what he meant, 'cause in that same speech, he also mentioned that he was gonna leave Sony and he only owes them one more album (which will be a Box-Set)

    Watch from 51:35: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6glbGZOzXo

    I remember (about a month later) Rodney Jerkins conducted an interview where he stated that his best work with Michael was not on the Invincible album and that he can't wait to work for Michael again. I believed (at that time) that MJ did this purposefully (not putting some of his best work on the album) 'cause he knew that Sony wouldn't promote the record due to a dispute he had with the record company.

    5 Months later (Jan 2003) Xscape gets leaked. That was when I was a bit excited over the possibility of a new album being released.

    But then the following month was "Living With Michael Jackson" (Martin Bashir's Documentary) which may have halted some future projects.

    I think Sony then tried testing the waters with the compilation album, "Number Ones" which came in November that year. Unfortunately the USA release of the album coincided on the same day Neverland got raided.
    Last edited by mo_rizwan; 15-10-2019 at 01:10 PM.

  19. #30
    Points: 10,466, Level: 68
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Germany
    Posts
    1,285
    Points
    10,466
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    1,232
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 548 Posts

    Default Re: Was there a planned album after 'Invincible'?

    Quote Originally Posted by muhammed View Post
    Will.I.Am tracks probably has some minor vocals, humming etc

    Judging by the leaked snippets

    https://youtu.be/quSUhkjvcO0

    That's from the 'Access Hollywood' TV interview when Will visited Michael in Ireland.
    Will played Michael some of his latest beats (to possibly collaborate on).
    That little "whoohooo" is not Michael.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsIeI8F2IUI


    After the leaks of Escape and Hold My Hand Michael probably became super careful about his vocals and recorded them as late as possible in the process and kept things on separate harddrives, to reduce the possibilty of another way too early leak.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •