Communication with the Estate

xscape guy 2003

Proud Member
Hi all the people like mikey dee, korgnax and gaz who have or could have this facility. I remember quite a while ago now when there was a thread for this or maybe we could have someone who could be that link?
After all thats gone on with LV i think the estate needs a bit more closeness to the community.

Whats everybodys thoughts??

Re: Communication directly to the estate.

Nature im not competing with you but what i am talking about is a direct thread to the estate not just wishlists. Direct communication to ask questions , get some feedback from them, plus the other way for the estate to get communication from the fan community.

Mjjc used to have one i carnt think when it was, Gaz maybe could remind us plus shed what his thoughts on this would be.

Nature im not competing with you but what i am talking about is a direct thread to the estate not just wishlists. Direct communication to ask questions , get some feedback from them, plus the other way for the estate to get communication from the fan community.

It's on the MJ website. not here. but you an ask the mods.

There used to be a FAQ somewhere and then that was it. It'd be nice if the Estate had a community manager. I know Alicia works for the online team but more integration/effort on their behalf would be nice.

Exactly and as Mikky Dee seems to be in contact with Alicia possibly she/he could be our communication.
Yes there used to be Q&A to the estate, i really think that should try to happen again.

Thoughts Gaz?? Korgnax?? Mikky dee

Don't that still exist on the MJ website? i think it's still there but they probably stop doing it because people keep on asking the same questions over and over again.

you can email them and see what they say. but you probably won't get it sadly.

this would be nice. every time you send an email to the Estate it's like a bot replies to you. I think it's a great idea to make sure that they read and see what we want.

I think thats where fans go wrong, at the end of the day the estate is a profitering buisness that MUST make money. Sometimes the products they will release will be completely what we want but we need to think about the big picture.

This way i think we can give constructive critism and also requests and see what and how they will/would fulfill them.
I hope this gets picked up as i have said more than ever the estate needs to be close to the fan community and the general public too.

Exactly and as Mikky Dee seems to be in contact with Alicia possibly she/he could be our communication.
Yes there used to be Q&A to the estate, i really think that should try to happen again.

Thoughts Gaz?? Korgnax?? Mikky dee

I'm not actually in close contact with Alicia, per se. I am, however, in very close contact with a small core nucleus of fans on twitter and on FB, who do have a direct line of communication with her. I am in close contact with others, as well, who have direct ties with the Jacksons and another who has contacts in LA and manages to speak to John Branca a couple of times a year.

You would have to ask Gaz directly what his thoughts are about having a Q & A thread again, or perhaps resurrecting the old one. I can search for it and bump it up if others are keen for it. There was an "Estate News" thread, which I started up, a year or so ago, but I confess, I haven't been vigilant in keeping it updated. Until this year, there wasn't much to report and now there are separate, specific threads for everything that's been going on in 2019.

I think this can work if they have people on their team to do it. seriously how many runs the estate? i would like to see more things that us fans want but we can't always get the we want. but it would be nice to get somethings we want. estate needs more ideas. and i think if fans tell them about it they might listen to us. but that's a maybe.

They did come out with a few new items this year. they wasn't new music or concert footages. but it was something. fans need to look at the stuff they do bring out. they might not be music etc but it's something.

Thanks Mikkydee for replying. Yes that would be great if you could tell people. I really dont think its just about products its showing estate support and likewise the estate supporting fan community etc. Kinda like keeping us informed. Being closer to the public through this avenue of communication.

Yeah, communication with the Estate would definitely be nice. I remember I and a few others made a Christmas letter to a secretary (I don't remember who exactly) that worked with the Estate; so that's probably as close as we will get in regards to "direct communication"... :holiday:

Ah! now i understand what you are saying. yeah. we really need more communities get togethers etc. they exist you just got to find them. most fans do get togethers every year anytime of the year. but you would mostly see them doing them Michael birthday,passing day, and Halloween. like right now there's a lot of events for Halloween with Michael name on it. :)

but you're right. we need be closer to fans and the estate. i really think they had something like this before but stop doing it. you can ask them to bring it back but you might get the answer you want sadly. :\

Sorry about re booting this but i dont believe i got a proper answer from Gaz or Korgnax?

Sorry about re booting this but i dont believe i got a proper answer from Gaz or Korgnax?

The estate doesn't care about this kind of closeness with the fan community.

And Korgnax doesn't answer because he's a fan like you and me that the estate doesn't communicate with.

Last edited:
Given we have only just been offered a this is it 10th anniversary release which is beyond the realms of some peoples budget this is why we should seek some communication avenue with the estate.
I do not believe for 1 minute that they do not care about the fans but at the end of it all they are a buisness as well.

Michael Jackson was never "direct communication" though .and that's the whole point.

Wendijane your wrong Michael wanted communication with his fans, he hinted to us through fanclubs etc where he would be , what he was working on etc. The biggest thing was the formation of mjjnews which was a direct channel straight to Michael.

I think it's a good idea. I asked the Estate on their website about releasing new concerts twice, left my E-mail, but got no reply. I hope at least one person from the Estate would listen to the fans and give us some satisfying answers or messages. :)

I think it's a good idea. I asked the Estate on their website about releasing new concerts twice, left my E-mail, but got no reply. I hope at least one person from the Estate would listen to the fans and give us some satisfying answers or messages. :)
At this point ... we have tried for the past years & they still don't care to listen, the entire company is just shhit! They don't care about us. From 2010 with the michael album & the fake tracks until now with a price of $500 for something we all already have & to top it off, nothing new in the package & its the saddest & last era! I just hope that I live the day to see releases that we've been begging for for years!

Mj directly contacted fans on many occasions when he was going on trips to london etc and wanted it made public to the fans so we could see him etc

Before 03-05 happened mjj source was created for the exact purpose of direct comunication.

The estate only cares about making money as thats their job. In the scheme of things we,the hardcores etc arent that important to them as we are a very small % of people who buy things.the gen public/casual fan is where the money is and the estate has made plenty because of them so probably see no reason to change things or to be that intrested in what the hardcores want or think

Last edited:
The estate doesn't listen to the fans, so there's no point in contacting them

The estate doesn't listen to the fans, so there's no point in contacting them

I don't blame them, most of the time. The sense of entitlement of some MJ fans is ridiculous and it seems as though they are never happy.

The sole task of the Executors is to generate income, settle claims and debts and take care of the heirs, whilst seeing the Estate out of probate.

They don't have to bend to the whims of fans....especially as it's almost impossible to find any one thing that all fans can agree on. Having said that, I think there have been efforts on many occasions to take the opinions and ideas of fans on board....this is why the Executors hold meet and greets and Q & A sessions for fans at fan events, such as the MJ One birthday week celebrations in Las Vegas every year. The production and packaging of the Xscape album, for example, was done in a way that came about as a direct result of listening to fans and giving them what they wanted (e.g. providing the demos as well as the reimagined/finished tracks). The same can be said for the BAD 25 project (unreleased songs, the Wembley concert, studio footage, etc).

Agreed. I’m all for direct communication, but the entitlement culture has gotten out of hand. That’s not just a problem with MJ’s community, you can see it everywhere. Whenever some company posts something (and it can be anything, really) on social media, there will be swarms of trolls demanding more, or something entirely unrelated to what the post was about. Facebook in particular has become unbearable for me.

That said, for me, as a new fan, two things feel odd.

1. I can’t go out and buy the ultimate, best sounding edition of all of MJ’s albums. From what I read in the audiophile threads here, I’d have to track down some obscure Dutch MOV release of Invincible, and the original US vinyl releases or Japanese CDs of his early albums, to make sure I get to experience the best sound possible.

2. While many people nowadays own huge HD TV screens, MJ’s short films are not available in the best possible quality. I bet Michael would be really upset if he knew this.

When we’re talking about MJ’s legacy, I’d expect the things he released during his lifetime to be easily available everywhere, in the best possible quality, because that’s what MJ himself certainly would have wanted.

And then we can talk about musicals and all the other undeniably good stuff. :)

elusive moonwalker;4274933 said:
Very true. They do the basics very poorly

I would so much have loved to show Ghosts to my friends on Halloween. But no introduction to MJ’s short films should have to begin with “I’m sorry about the shoddy quality.”

Last edited:

sorry guys - i posted twice.

Back