Your favorite movies for Halloween?

ScreenOrigami

Proud Member
Besides MJ’s short films, what else are you watching for Halloween?

One of my staples is Coraline. :cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9bOpeuvNwY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old Universal horror movies like Dracula, Frankenstein and The Mummy. Also George A. Romero's zombie movies.

For me I am just watching some of my favorite Indian horror movies. Like

Haunted 3D
Raaz series (Part 2 I think is the best.)
6-5=2
Shaapit
1920 (Way better than the Exorcist.)
1920 Evil Returns
The House Next Door
Question Mark
Krishna's Cottage
and Yavarum Nalam or 13 B Fear Has A New Address (One of the very best Indian horror movies ever made.)

The Omen with Greorgy Peck, came out in 1976 and has one of the best scores ever

Hocus Pocus
Nightmare Before Christmas
An American Werewolf in London
The Lost Boys
Donnie Darko
The Shining

I just recently watched Zombieland. Now I want to see the sequel.

Thriller_MJ;4272336 said:
Have you watched the 2d and 3rd films? I quite like both of them but the 3rd film is good with Sam Neil in it as Damien.

Yep, I’ve seen them all back in the day. Mostly on pirated 5th generation VHS copies that my older friends brought to parties. Good times! :laughing:

Hey, you might enjoy Neil Gaiman’s “Good Omens”, if you haven’t seen it yet. It’s on Amazon Prime, featuring David Tennant of Doctor Who fame. :innocent: :devil:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hUJoR4vlIIs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I must check that out. The Exoricst III is great as well, it's a masterpiece, so atmospheric.

Thriller_MJ;4272340 said:
I must check that out. The Exoricst III is great as well, it's a masterpiece, so atmospheric.

Yep. Those classic movies had so much more atmosphere than most of what’s being made today. I think I’ll watch some classics this year, too. :cool:(y)

Do check out Good Omens if you can. It’s more on the lighter, funnier side, playing on various themes of the genre. It’s based on a book that Gaiman co-wrote with Terry Pratchett (author of the Disk World novel series), way back before the internet, and they used to read to each other over the phone what they had written, trying to make the other one laugh. Which resulted in some good old British humor and puns that of course don’t always translate to the movie adaptation. So the book is definitely worth reading as well.

944093870_o.jpg

Back