The Greatest Bridge In Pop Music History!

Snowbunny Sorcerer

Proud Member
I dunno, everytime I listen to OTW, I get this thrill towards the end of the second verse/chorus, in anticipation for these bridge.

For me it seems like the perfect in-between, it fits nicely in the middle of song, but it also breaks up the repetitive nature of the song.

I also just like how good it sounds, hard to explain, but sounds amazing, Badass!

I just dont think I've heard a better more perfect bridge in any other pop song.

"Do what you want to do
There ain't no rules it's up to you (ain't no rules
It's all up to you)
It's time to come alive
And party on right through the night (all right)"

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/B3NinzAD1w2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link[/video]

Last edited:
Hahahaha you're right. a lot of artists has use this verse in a lot of songs. i like when it gets close to the end.

Life ain't so bad at all
If you live it off the wall
:sarmoti

mr. king of disco before king of pop and little mr. prince of soul before mr. king of disco. ^_^

I love Off The Wall too the bridge hits like a flood after a long drought, totally refreshes the song.

I have to make a case for the bridge in Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' though, never has a bridge been so inspiring and uplifting

Lift your head up high
And scream out to the world
I know I am someone
And let the truth unfurl
No one can hurt you now
Because you know what's true
Yes, I believe in me
So you believe in you

That's poetry

startin' somethin' is hilarious to me. so much going on in that song. love the ending. :laughing:

Last edited:
Awesome thread and I agree! OTW is probably my fav song from that album and the bridge is divine.

I'll raise ya with the often forgotten but magical bridge from Thriller!

Tonight
Night creatures call
And the dead start to walk in this masquerade
There's no escaping the jaws of the alien this time
They're open wide
This is the end of your life, ooh!

Last edited:
Dangerous

I can not sleep alone tonight
My baby left me here tonight
I cannot cope 'til it's all right
You and your manipulation
You hurt my baby

Heartbreaker

I never thought that I would stop dreamin' about you
Stop being without you
But everyone told me so, to stop caring about you
And start being without you
But I'll find a way to go and start doin' without you
And stop talkin' about you
And what will she say?
They will say I was the man that got away

Invincible

Now some way I'll have to prove all that I said I would do
Giving you everything, fulfilling your fantasy
Then maybe you'll change your mind and finally give in in time
Then I'll be showing you what other men are supposed
To do for you my baby

Someone put your hand out because he's doing oprah in the bgv. Very beautiful song & shouldve been released on the dangerous album.
(When you say we will dance 'till the light of day
It's just like the children in Earth's joy
When we pray will you promise me you'll always stay?
It's because I'm needing that someone)

The bridge for Will You Be There is one of my favourites, it's pure magic

Everyone's taking control of me
Seems that the world's got a role for me
I'm so confused will you show to me
You'll be there for me and care enough to bear me

It really shows Michael was just a human like the rest of us

Someone put your hand out because he's doing oprah in the bgv. Very beautiful song & shouldve been released on the dangerous album.
(When you say we will dance 'till the light of day
It's just like the children in Earth's joy
When we pray will you promise me you'll always stay?
It's because I'm needing that someone)

To this day I have not heard of a single valid reason for why Someone Put Your Hand Out was left out of Dangerous. Imo it's his finest ballad and just one of his greatest songs overall. It would have been a smash with a beautiful music video to accompany it and that bridge... Wow. The opratic (Aaahh Aaaahhhhh) amazing

Last edited:
Will you be there is a great bridge. - MJ was great at those bridges overall.

To this day I have not heard of a single valid reason for why Someone Put Your Hand Out was left out of Dangerous. Imo it's his finest ballad and just one of his greatest songs overall. It would have been a smash with a beautiful music video to accompany it and that bridge... Wow. The opratic (Aaahh Aaaahhhhh) amazing
YES YES! finally someone who's almost im my head thinkn identical thoughts! I picture it looking exactly like the pepsi commercial at the piano. My only thought is that the song was finished after the dangerous album. I think this & monkey business shouldve most definitely replaced "can't let her get away" & "keep the faith". To me keep the faith is like man in the mirror part 2 or alternate version or something. Spyho should definitely be on there

Back