Why Latoya dressed exactly like Michael back in the day?

DifferentKindOfLady

Proud Member
Does anyone knows? I noticed that she dressed just like him and I don´t know if it was something they both agree on, or it was just Latoya trying to be like his brother? I noticed that her hair was exactly like Michael´s, especially during the late 80´s.

DifferentKindOfLady;4273125 said:
Does anyone knows? I noticed that she dressed just like him and I don´t know if it was something they both agree on, or it was just Latoya trying to be like his brother? I noticed that her hair was exactly like Michael´s, especially during the late 80´s.

IMO, La Toya has always been very hung-up on Michael. She said once, in a video interview that they did together, sitting by the fountain at Hayvenhurst, that she wanted his career and she wanted to have songs like his songs. Michael said in a different interview that La Toya was jealous of any girls that he liked and didn't want him having posters of girls on his wall. He said she used to tear them down, sometimes. I think she tried to have control over him, but that didn't always work....trying to be like him and look like him was, to her, a way of maintaining a connection, I suppose.

IMO, La Toya has always been very hung-up on Michael. She said once, in a video interview that they did together, sitting by the fountain at Hayvenhurst, that she wanted his career and she wanted to have songs like his songs. Michael said in a different interview that La Toya was jealous of any girls that he liked and didn't want him having posters of girls on his wall. He said she used to tear them down, sometimes. I think she tried to have control over him, but that didn't always work....trying to be like him and look like him was, to her, a way of maintaining a connection, I suppose.

I saw that interview and I always knew She was jeolous of him but the attitude Michael said in an interview, of her get jeolous of girls or tearing down posters, it was kind of creepy for a sister. I mean She was only a SISTER... And that behavior looks something very different.
I always thought that She was obsessed with him.

When exactly did she dress like Michael? Do you have some examples?

When exactly did she dress like Michael? Do you have some examples?

If you search pics of her from the 80's, she wore a yellow sweater just like Michael, and in the late 80's her clothes were very similar with the ones Michael wore during the Bad era. Also her hair was like Michael's hair, but her's was longer.
This is just what I've noticed.

If you search pics of her from the 80's, she wore a yellow sweater just like Michael, and in the late 80's her clothes were very similar with the ones Michael wore during the Bad era. Also her hair was like Michael's hair, but her's was longer.
This is just what I've noticed.
Oh yeah, I remember the yellow vest. Besides that, I've never seen her dress like Michael

Michaels Lover;4273279 said:
Oh yeah, I remember the yellow vest. Besides that, I've never seen her dress like Michael

I think her style in the late 80´s was similar to Michael, especially the hair. Of all the brothers and sisters she was the one more alike. It´s just my opinion, though. She said one time, Michael liked they dressed the same outfits. But it´s hard to believe, especially because they weren´t that close in the 90´s and 00´s. In the 70´s and in the begining of the 80´s they were close, but I don´t think he wanted her to dress like him.

Back