Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,310 Times in 981 Posts

Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default “the story of history” now available on amazon

The British publisher Sixteen11 Media Group Ltd just announced that for the first time, they have cataloged their first book on Amazon due to “popular demand”.

“The Story of HIStory” by Pez Jax was so far only available on their platform Sixteen11.com.

Now fans in the UK and Europe can purchase the book “The Story of HIStory” on Amazon.

Speaking to one of Sixteen11 directors, he told us that being a self-published company, and publishing very niche publications for fans is more difficult to compete with big distribution chains such as amazon. He said “but we listened to the fans and their needs and we understood that many fans use Amazon as a platform to find books and collectors about Michael Jackson. Therefore we have decided to have a go at it. We would love to see this book having the success that it deserves and hoping that new people will pick up this book and find amazing stories about Michael.”

While the price difference is due to the privilege to have the book on Amazon, we hope fans will support this amazing book detailing how the most personal Michael Jackson album was created. A great way to celebrate #HIStory25

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Story-HISto...2&text=Pez+Jax

Order on AMAZON for £19.99 (+shipping)
    Order on Sixteen11 for £14.99 (+shipping)

The book is also on pre-order in French “L’histoire d’HIStory” but only at Sixteen11.com so far!

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default New Book: The Long Journey to Glory: My Side of the Jacksons’ Story

The Long Journey to Glory My Side of the Jacksons' Story seeks to finally set the record straight as to who discovered Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5. The book describes the truth about the real beginning of the Jackson singing group and Michael and their climb to fame. It will include the story of the Jacksons, from the family's very meager beginning in Gary, Indiana, like it has never before been told. We learn more about Joe, the father, and also the neighborhood he chose to live in. There are details surrounding the neighborhood, the little community's Little League baseball teams, the long days of practicing their music in the basement of a neighbor's home, the deceptive maneuvers used by Tito Jackson to develop his guitar-playing skills, and finally, the events surrounding the talent show at Gary's Roosevelt High School that introduced the Jacksons. The story is told by the original unknown member and leader of the group.

The Jacksons continue to perform to this day. Although refined by experience and technology, the act has not essentially changed from its inception. In the early days, no one except their families knew about their rehearsals. They couldn't practice together at Joe's house, but they did practice at Reynaud's house. Since they were using his basement and he was the oldest, he automatically made himself the leader. They decided they would surprise Joe with their progress. Before then, the Jackson family wasn't charismatic to the neighbors. The neighborhood was booming with children, and the majority of them laughed teasingly at the Jacksons. There were nine Jackson children at the time living in a two-bedroom basement less house with their parents.

http://www.pagepublishing.com/books/...urney-to-glory

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,483 Posts

Craig James Baxter posted a couple of tweets today about how he felt during the writing process of his body language book on Michael, and it reminded me to remind you all you absolutely have to have this book.

He wrote:

---

“I'm sat with Stranger in Moscow on repeat, reflecting on the work I've done for this man. I undertook research on his body language not knowing what I might find & I promised myself whatever I did find, I'd document. I found a man who was innocent in every sense of the word.”

”I've never shared this publicly before. The research made me so emotional & there were times when I had to step away. The pain I saw in his eyes was so distressing & was effecting my observations. I promised I'd write fairly & without bias... but my goodness it was hard.”

“I found myself watching footage of Michael & being unable to write, the pain (especially via his micro-expressions) was so intense. I cried. This became more than a book, it's one of the proudest moments of my life, showing you how he sincere & innocent he was. For you MJ.”

@bodylanguageuk

---

Craig discusses a selection of 5 interviews in his book, and he goes into great detail, so that you’ll be able to apply your new knowledge to other interviews or video footage as well.

I know this book has been discussed before, but I feel it’s still kind of under the radar of the community and it deserves better.

https://www.amazon.com/Behind-Mask-M...dp/1480289205/

Bonus-tip: when you shop at Amazon, type “smile” before the regular web address, for example:

smile.amazon.com
    smile.amazon.co.uk
    smile.amazon.de
    etc.

That way, a small percentage of your purchase goes to a charity of your choice. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, as Amazon makes the donation. You simply choose a charity and whenever you use the “smile” address to buy something, a donation will be made.
    Last edited by ScreenOrigami; 26-08-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Craig James Baxter posted a couple of tweets today about how he felt during the writing process of his body language book on Michael, and it reminded me to remind you all you absolutely have to have this book.

He wrote:

---

“I'm sat with Stranger in Moscow on repeat, reflecting on the work I've done for this man. I undertook research on his body language not knowing what I might find & I promised myself whatever I did find, I'd document. I found a man who was innocent in every sense of the word.”

”I've never shared this publicly before. The research made me so emotional & there were times when I had to step away. The pain I saw in his eyes was so distressing & was effecting my observations. I promised I'd write fairly & without bias... but my goodness it was hard.”

“I found myself watching footage of Michael & being unable to write, the pain (especially via his micro-expressions) was so intense. I cried. This became more than a book, it's one of the proudest moments of my life, showing you how he sincere & innocent he was. For you MJ.”

@bodylanguageuk

---

Craig discusses a selection of 5 interviews in his book, and he goes into great detail, so that you’ll be able to apply your new knowledge to other interviews or video footage as well.

I know this book has been discussed before, but I feel it’s still kind of under the radar of the community and it deserves better.

https://www.amazon.com/Behind-Mask-M...dp/1480289205/

Bonus-tip: when you shop at Amazon, type “smile” before the regular web address, for example:

smile.amazon.com
    smile.amazon.co.uk
    smile.amazon.de
    etc.

That way, a small percentage of your purchase goes to a charity of your choice. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, as Amazon makes the donation. You simply choose a charity and whenever you use the “smile” address to buy something, a donation will be made.
    Thank you so much for this update and reminder!! This book is definitely under the radar and I think I will invest in it, based on your advice! I haven't bought an MJ book in quite a few years, because I have started to distrust most of the authors.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,171 Posts

While I'm here, I'd like to promote a relatively new book, written by an Australian acquaintance of mine, who runs the Michael Jackson Australia FB page. I'm not sure why he chose the same cover photo as the bodyguards' book, "Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days", but here it is.

Humanitarian - The Real Michael Jackson
    by Paul Dwyer

So much has been written about Michael Jackson. The majority of it manufactured, twisted & just down-right untrue. Until NOW... "Humanitarian" delves into Michael Jackson's charity involvement over the course of his career. It details a diary of Michael Jackson's visits to orphanages & children's hospitals around the world, charity appearances and documents his body of work that has never been celebrated or publicized by the media & is just as massive, if not more-so, than his musical career.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Humanitari.../dp/1794622144

It has a 4.8 star rating and has been very well received. I don't have it yet, but I do plan on buying it soon, as I am very passionate about Michael's humanitarianism.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I saw the doc on youtube. it's really good.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Are there any good books on the making of Invincible?

We're not just fans, we're apart of a family that was started by Michael Jackson and whose very foundation began with L.O.V.E. Music is an important part of Michael's legacy, but let's not forget that the role of Michael's music has always been bringing people together.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Not as i know of. the only book i saw for Invincible is a collectors book.