Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

I remember him talking about the book to Glenda Stein on the phone. Whether or not you believe the tapes are real is one thing, but going on what was heard I remember him saying something about initially not wanting her to read his book in case it changed her feelings for him. He truly wanted no pity, just some empathy.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Level
    Thanks

Michael Jackson: The Real Story: An Intimate Look Into Michael Jackson's Visionary Business and Human Side By Dieter Wiesner & Yusuf Jah

Michael's former manager, Dieter Wiesner, has written his account about his time spent with The King of Pop. It isn't a bad read and Mr. Wiesner shows nothing but love for Michael and his memories.

I just finished this book and was rather pleased. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to get this book or not, but now I'm happy that I did. A quick read, 290 pages. It reads at a fast pace, it bounces from Mr. Wiesner trying to sell the "Mrystery" drink on the HIStory tour to him being Michael's manager just like that. Mr. Wiesner also included many personal photographs from his time with Michael that are sure to please many fans!

Anyone else read this book? Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    A NEW MJ BOOK written by a loving fan is being released as we speak:

“You're my fairy tale, Michael.” “Oooh,” said Michael, and he brushed my cheek with his hand, making me flutter. This was the moment, under a starry sky in Las Vegas, when Talitha Linehan told Michael Jackson how she’d viewed him since childhood, not just as a man but as a magical being. It was a perception that never wavered, throughout hundreds of encounters she had with him over more than a decade, in public and in private, at venues and hotels across the world, inside his most famous home, Neverland Valley, and inside his final home, in Los Angeles. In this deeply personal memoir, Talitha recalls a journey that began when she discovered Michael, while growing up in the Irish countryside, and that ended when she last spoke to him, at a rehearsal studio in LA, on the last night of his life. By drawing on diary entries, she reveals the joy and heartache of loving and losing the most famous star on the planet, and a man she simply loves with all her heart.

Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Michael-Jac...00532455314968
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/mjandmememoir

Marketing: Darina Ahern, michaeljacksonandtalitha@gmail.com

January 2021 – The release of the memoir A real-life fairy tale: Michael Jackson and me by Talitha Linehan Pages: 285; includes never-before-published photographs of Michael Jackson

Price on Amazon USA - Paperback: $19.99; eBook: $9.99 ISBN - Paperback: 978-1-7360246-0-7; eBook: 978-1-7360246-8-3

The book is available to purchase on Amazon, as a paperback and an eBook, and will become available on other platforms over the coming weeks. Please visit https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com

For more information and to request a copy for review. ###

https://www.facebook.com/10053245531...4238453944368/

Interview with talitha on Irish radio this morning

4. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MozisOfOzz View Post
    Michael Jackson: The Real Story: An Intimate Look Into Michael Jackson's Visionary Business and Human Side By Dieter Wiesner & Yusuf Jah

Michael's former manager, Dieter Wiesner, has written his account about his time spent with The King of Pop. It isn't a bad read and Mr. Wiesner shows nothing but love for Michael and his memories.

I just finished this book and was rather pleased. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to get this book or not, but now I'm happy that I did. A quick read, 290 pages. It reads at a fast pace, it bounces from Mr. Wiesner trying to sell the "Mrystery" drink on the HIStory tour to him being Michael's manager just like that. Mr. Wiesner also included many personal photographs from his time with Michael that are sure to please many fans!

Anyone else read this book? Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It looks interesting. I'm especially pleased that Michael's "visionary business and human side" is mentioned on the front cover.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I seen this book at Barnes and Noble and just want everyone's honest opinion on this book.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,580 Times in 1,226 Posts

“You're my fairy tale, Michael.” “Oooh,” said Michael, and he brushed my cheek with his hand, making me flutter. This was the moment, under a starry sky in Las Vegas, when Talitha Linehan told Michael Jackson how she’d viewed him since childhood, not just as a man but as a magical being. It was a perception that never wavered, throughout hundreds of encounters she had with him over more than a decade, in public and in private, at venues and hotels across the world, inside his most famous home, Neverland Valley, and inside his final home, in Los Angeles. In this deeply personal memoir, Talitha recalls a journey that began when she discovered Michael, while growing up in the Irish countryside, and that ended when she last spoke to him, at a rehearsal studio in LA, on the last night of his life. By drawing on diary entries, she reveals the joy and heartache of loving and losing the most famous star on the planet, and a man she simply loves with all her heart.

Facebook:

January 2021 – The release of the memoir A real-life fairy tale: Michael Jackson and me by Talitha Linehan Pages: 285; includes never-before-published photographs of Michael Jackson

Price on Amazon USA - Paperback: $19.99; eBook: $9.99 ISBN - Paperback: 978-1-7360246-0-7; eBook: 978-1-7360246-8-3

The book is available to purchase on Amazon, as a paperback and an eBook, and will become available on other platforms over the coming weeks. Please visit https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com

This book now has it own website.

https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com/

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default "The King Of Pop and I" Aileen Medalla

Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Aileen Medalla is a young and strong-willed woman living and trying to find a job as a foreigner in the Kingdom of Bahrain. But after several months of job hunting and zero calls, she was ready to give up, call it quits, and return to the Philippines… until she received a mysterious call for a job interview.Aileen invites you to join her as she provides a glimpse of the private world of the one and only King of Pop, Mr. Michael Jackson. Being one of the few who had unrestricted access to his undisclosed circle, she chronicles how he was as a father, boss, and a regular person. This book aims to open hearts and eyes about the true Michael Jackson. What you read and hear about Michael Jackson may not always be true. His persona looms larger than the controversies and accusations. A living witness to the inherent kindness of the King, Aileen Medalla wistfully shares her personal story with Michael and his children, of ordinary moments which unveiled the real persona of her famous boss, having known and been with the Jacksons for three good years. A story of HOPE, FAITH, and GRATITUDE, this is the story of Aileen Medalla and her journey around the world with the King of Pop Mr. Michael Jackson across continents in Europe, US, and Asia.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RH7WNRC
    Any book project related to Michael Jackson may arouse my interest and in this statement, I will have the opportunity to express all the nuances and subtleties of a subject that is dear to me. In my work as an author, I tried to stay focused on the artist's music because it is in this process that I feel most legitimate. However, my aspirations as a reader have evolved over time and this is how I opened up to other areas related to the King of Pop. I couldn't stop myself forever in this rich universe because it's so vast. I am aware that my reflection on this subject must not be frozen.

That's how I enjoyed the book "Remember The Time" by Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, the King of Pop's bodyguards from 2006 to 2009. As soon as it was released, I had read very good reviews of their testimony but it took me a while to take the plunge, so, at first, I was hesitant to engage in this sphere of the singer's private life. In the end, it was a nice surprise and I felt I could better understand the torments and difficulties experienced by Michael Jackson at the end of his life. In addition, it provided me with additional information in my vision of the artist, which could inspire me for a writing subject. That's why I didn't hesitate to try again with the book "The King Of Pop and I" by Aileen Medalla which has some similarities with that of Bill and Javon. It is true that like the bodyguards, Aileen testifies as an employee of his illustrious boss. As a teacher of the star's children, her role was necessarily different, but her book covers the same period as "Remember The Time", which offers a kind of echo between the two works.

It is true that the 2000s were not very successful for Michael Jackson in the field of art. If one day I was tempted to want to approach this period, I could document myself and get some answers to explain why man could not fully express himself as an artist at that time, especially since it was now in his role as a father that the King of Pop wanted to flourish. It is precisely in this context that Aileen Medalla recounts her experience with Michael Jackson, as a teacher of her children. The man then took over the artist and no doubt aspires to take a step back on the rhinestones and the glitter of show business. It is in this phase of reconstruction, after the ordeal of a trial that had destroyed him despite his acquittal, that Michael, exiled in Bahrain, integrates the author into his staff.

This is only the beginning of an itinerary to multiple destinations such as France, Ireland or Las Vegas. In a kind of professional distortion, the author takes pleasure in telling us the story of these destinations of the King of Pop. She is then grateful to him for having been able to live this experience, as if the world were becoming more accessible and less vast, not without appreciating all its wealth, conscious by its profession, that a journey is a beautiful lesson in life. Aileen expresses his gratitude, not forgetting to illustrate the generosity of his boss. One has the feeling that this staff is a family in its own right because, through its quality work, Aileen is thus rewarded and accepted. As a teacher of Prince, Paris and Blanket, the author explains Michael's relationship with his children, an aspect so little known and long remained in the intimate stage. However, everything is developed with respect, without falling into the field of tabloids. It is true that the teacher likes to remind us how much her boss hated this type of magazine. Thus is presented the man that was Michael Jackson, and this realistic vision unfortunately has little echo in the press. It is therefore good to welcome Aileen Medalla's approach. So I wanted to ask her a few questions in order to document my review and I thank her for her agreement.

First of all, how did you get this vocation to teach and pass on things to students?

Teaching is a vocation that I wanted to pursue very early in my career. I love children and teaching them has always been a passion for me. I aspire to motivate and inspire young students. That's why I became a teacher. Children amaze me in many ways: they have lots of ideas, are curious about everything and have such a joie de vivre. I like to help them channel their enthusiasm into something positive.

What encouraged you to immortalize your professional experience with Michael Jackson and his children through this book?

The main purpose of this book is to open people's eyes and hearts about who the real Michael Jackson was. The aim is to counter the negative stories that have been going on for decades. I want people to know what father, boss and person he was in everyday life.

I also want to convey a message to my readers: to show them how hope and faith have helped me in my journey. They can learn the lessons they want from my story. I had my share of fights in a foreign country but I never gave up. If I had returned to the Philippines at the slightest difficulty, I would never have met Mr Jackson.

Similarly, in the difficult situation we all face at the moment, we must not lose hope. May my readers believe that all this will end and that better days will come. The most important thing is not to give up because the year has only just begun and it has so many good things in store for us.

Mon histoire peut arriver à n’importe qui. Peut-être pas avec une célébrité mais vous pouvez rencontrer des personnes incroyables qui vont changer votre vie, comme Mr Jackson a changé la mienne.

You tell your travels, not without describing the places through their stories. Was it important for you to retain this teaching role in your work as an author?

My book is a logbook. Naturally, I take my readers on trips with me around the world. It seems to me that a small history class can help them visualize and learn a little more about the places we visited. My intention is also to make them feel like they are in the same place as me or Mr Jackson during their reading. For example, my readers from the Philippines who have never travelled to France can understand why I was so keen to climb the Eiffel Tower in the face of the sweltering heat. By describing the place and giving historical information about the tower, readers can better understand and feel my enthusiasm at that time.

If Michael Jackson could read your book, what would you like him to tell you by reacting to your lines?

I hope he'd be happy. If I could get him to send my book to heaven, I would do it without hesitation. I would love for Mr. Jackson to read every page of my book and how grateful I am for all that he has brought me. "The King of Pop and I" is my tribute. I wish to immortalize his legendary kindness in my book.

Have these visits to many countries and interactions with Michael Jackson changed your worldview to the point of forging a new character for you?

My experiences have greatly influenced who I am today. Through these trips, I learned to understand and respect cultural differences. This gave me the opportunity to have another look at the problems and challenges of everyday life. I must admit that before working for Mr Jackson, I was a little naïve. I lived in my little world and I never left my comfort zone. When I started working for his family, and travelling a lot, I matured and became more independent. Constantly moving from one continent to another and coming into contact with people from different cultures has allowed me to evolve as a teacher and as a person.

How did you come up with the idea of adding a letter for every child of Michael Jackson as a conclusion?

I thought that open letters would be the best way to finish these memoirs. It is a way to remember the wonderful childhood memories of these children with their father. If they have the opportunity to read my book, I would like to see them smile and remember with happiness all those wonderful memories of their young years. There is no doubt that these happy days are priceless as they are considered the last moments that Mr Jackson spent with them.

Would you like to get back in touch with them, even episodically?

Naturally, I would be happy to get in touch with the children if given the opportunity. I miss them very much, and no matter how old they are, they will always be my angels. They have become beautiful people (inside and out) and I am extremely proud of them. To tell you the truth, I pray every night that they will be preserved from evil and surrounded by the right people. I sincerely wish them the best in the life paths they have chosen.

Did writing this book bring out buried memories?

The writing of this book brought back tons of memories. Keeping my diary also helped me with the list of places we went, the dates of our trips, the activities of each day and even the dishes ordered at the restaurant. I always have the little words, letters, luggage tags, plane tickets and other memorabilia of Mr. Jackson and the children. These treasures that I treasure keep keep me constantly reminding me of the wonderful times spent with this family.

What has been your background since this professional experience?

Today, I have a quiet and peaceful life here in Cebu in the Philippines. A life far removed from the one I lived with the Jacksons: this hectic and constantly moving life has been replaced by a more relaxed and simple existence that now satisfies me. I don't travel as much as I used to, but we manage to leave the Philippines once a year and visit various countries so that my son can discover the world as well.

Is this the most significant of your career?

Of course, working for Mr. Jackson remains the most memorable and valuable experience of my career, and for which I am truly grateful.

https://bricenajar.com/the-king-of-p...ileen-medalla/

https://thekingofpopandi.com/

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Michael Jackson Book Club Review: “The King of Pop and I” by Melissa Peralta

Any book project related to Michael Jackson may arouse my interest and in this statement, I will have the opportunity to express all the nuances and subtleties of a subject that is dear to me. In my work as an author, I tried to stay focused on the artist's music because it is in this process that I feel most legitimate. However, my aspirations as a reader have evolved over time and this is how I opened up to other areas related to the King of Pop. I couldn't stop myself forever in this rich universe because it's so vast. I am aware that my reflection on this subject must not be frozen.

That's how I enjoyed the book "Remember The Time" by Bill Whitfield and Javon Beard, the King of Pop's bodyguards from 2006 to 2009. As soon as it was released, I had read very good reviews of their testimony but it took me a while to take the plunge, so, at first, I was hesitant to engage in this sphere of the singer's private life. In the end, it was a nice surprise and I felt I could better understand the torments and difficulties experienced by Michael Jackson at the end of his life. In addition, it provided me with additional information in my vision of the artist, which could inspire me for a writing subject. That's why I didn't hesitate to try again with the book "The King Of Pop and I" by Aileen Medalla which has some similarities with that of Bill and Javon. It is true that like the bodyguards, Aileen testifies as an employee of his illustrious boss. As a teacher of the star's children, her role was necessarily different, but her book covers the same period as "Remember The Time", which offers a kind of echo between the two works.

It is true that the 2000s were not very successful for Michael Jackson in the field of art. If one day I was tempted to want to approach this period, I could document myself and get some answers to explain why man could not fully express himself as an artist at that time, especially since it was now in his role as a father that the King of Pop wanted to flourish. It is precisely in this context that Aileen Medalla recounts her experience with Michael Jackson, as a teacher of her children. The man then took over the artist and no doubt aspires to take a step back on the rhinestones and the glitter of show business. It is in this phase of reconstruction, after the ordeal of a trial that had destroyed him despite his acquittal, that Michael, exiled in Bahrain, integrates the author into his staff.

This is only the beginning of an itinerary to multiple destinations such as France, Ireland or Las Vegas. In a kind of professional distortion, the author takes pleasure in telling us the story of these destinations of the King of Pop. She is then grateful to him for having been able to live this experience, as if the world were becoming more accessible and less vast, not without appreciating all its wealth, conscious by its profession, that a journey is a beautiful lesson in life. Aileen expresses his gratitude, not forgetting to illustrate the generosity of his boss. One has the feeling that this staff is a family in its own right because, through its quality work, Aileen is thus rewarded and accepted. As a teacher of Prince, Paris and Blanket, the author explains Michael's relationship with his children, an aspect so little known and long remained in the intimate stage. However, everything is developed with respect, without falling into the field of tabloids. It is true that the teacher likes to remind us how much her boss hated this type of magazine. Thus is presented the man that was Michael Jackson, and this realistic vision unfortunately has little echo in the press. It is therefore good to welcome Aileen Medalla's approach. So I wanted to ask her a few questions in order to document my review and I thank her for her agreement.

First of all, how did you get this vocation to teach and pass on things to students?

Teaching is a vocation that I wanted to pursue very early in my career. I love children and teaching them has always been a passion for me. I aspire to motivate and inspire young students. That's why I became a teacher. Children amaze me in many ways: they have lots of ideas, are curious about everything and have such a joie de vivre. I like to help them channel their enthusiasm into something positive.

What encouraged you to immortalize your professional experience with Michael Jackson and his children through this book?

The main purpose of this book is to open people's eyes and hearts about who the real Michael Jackson was. The aim is to counter the negative stories that have been going on for decades. I want people to know what father, boss and person he was in everyday life.

I also want to convey a message to my readers: to show them how hope and faith have helped me in my journey. They can learn the lessons they want from my story. I had my share of fights in a foreign country but I never gave up. If I had returned to the Philippines at the slightest difficulty, I would never have met Mr Jackson.

Similarly, in the difficult situation we all face at the moment, we must not lose hope. May my readers believe that all this will end and that better days will come. The most important thing is not to give up because the year has only just begun and it has so many good things in store for us.

Mon histoire peut arriver à n’importe qui. Peut-être pas avec une célébrité mais vous pouvez rencontrer des personnes incroyables qui vont changer votre vie, comme Mr Jackson a changé la mienne.

You tell your travels, not without describing the places through their stories. Was it important for you to retain this teaching role in your work as an author?

My book is a logbook. Naturally, I take my readers on trips with me around the world. It seems to me that a small history class can help them visualize and learn a little more about the places we visited. My intention is also to make them feel like they are in the same place as me or Mr Jackson during their reading. For example, my readers from the Philippines who have never travelled to France can understand why I was so keen to climb the Eiffel Tower in the face of the sweltering heat. By describing the place and giving historical information about the tower, readers can better understand and feel my enthusiasm at that time.

If Michael Jackson could read your book, what would you like him to tell you by reacting to your lines?

I hope he'd be happy. If I could get him to send my book to heaven, I would do it without hesitation. I would love for Mr. Jackson to read every page of my book and how grateful I am for all that he has brought me. "The King of Pop and I" is my tribute. I wish to immortalize his legendary kindness in my book.

Have these visits to many countries and interactions with Michael Jackson changed your worldview to the point of forging a new character for you?

My experiences have greatly influenced who I am today. Through these trips, I learned to understand and respect cultural differences. This gave me the opportunity to have another look at the problems and challenges of everyday life. I must admit that before working for Mr Jackson, I was a little naïve. I lived in my little world and I never left my comfort zone. When I started working for his family, and travelling a lot, I matured and became more independent. Constantly moving from one continent to another and coming into contact with people from different cultures has allowed me to evolve as a teacher and as a person.

How did you come up with the idea of adding a letter for every child of Michael Jackson as a conclusion?

I thought that open letters would be the best way to finish these memoirs. It is a way to remember the wonderful childhood memories of these children with their father. If they have the opportunity to read my book, I would like to see them smile and remember with happiness all those wonderful memories of their young years. There is no doubt that these happy days are priceless as they are considered the last moments that Mr Jackson spent with them.

Would you like to get back in touch with them, even episodically?

Naturally, I would be happy to get in touch with the children if given the opportunity. I miss them very much, and no matter how old they are, they will always be my angels. They have become beautiful people (inside and out) and I am extremely proud of them. To tell you the truth, I pray every night that they will be preserved from evil and surrounded by the right people. I sincerely wish them the best in the life paths they have chosen.

Did writing this book bring out buried memories?

The writing of this book brought back tons of memories. Keeping my diary also helped me with the list of places we went, the dates of our trips, the activities of each day and even the dishes ordered at the restaurant. I always have the little words, letters, luggage tags, plane tickets and other memorabilia of Mr. Jackson and the children. These treasures that I treasure keep keep me constantly reminding me of the wonderful times spent with this family.

What has been your background since this professional experience?

Today, I have a quiet and peaceful life here in Cebu in the Philippines. A life far removed from the one I lived with the Jacksons: this hectic and constantly moving life has been replaced by a more relaxed and simple existence that now satisfies me. I don't travel as much as I used to, but we manage to leave the Philippines once a year and visit various countries so that my son can discover the world as well.

Is this the most significant of your career?

Of course, working for Mr. Jackson remains the most memorable and valuable experience of my career, and for which I am truly grateful.

https://bricenajar.com/the-king-of-p...ileen-medalla/

https://thekingofpopandi.com/
    Aileen Medalla is a young and strong-willed woman living and trying to find a job as a foreigner in the Kingdom of Bahrain. But after several months of job hunting and zero calls, she was ready to give up, call it quits, and return to the Philippines… until she received a mysterious call for a job interview.Aileen invites you to join her as she provides a glimpse of the private world of the one and only King of Pop, Mr. Michael Jackson. Being one of the few who had unrestricted access to his undisclosed circle, she chronicles how he was as a father, boss, and a regular person. This book aims to open hearts and eyes about the true Michael Jackson. What you read and hear about Michael Jackson may not always be true. His persona looms larger than the controversies and accusations. A living witness to the inherent kindness of the King, Aileen Medalla wistfully shares her personal story with Michael and his children, of ordinary moments which unveiled the real persona of her famous boss, having known and been with the Jacksons for three good years. A story of HOPE, FAITH, and GRATITUDE, this is the story of Aileen Medalla and her journey around the world with the King of Pop Mr. Michael Jackson across continents in Europe, US, and Asia.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RH7WNRC
    The King of Pop and I: An experience of a lifetime!
    Rating: 5/5

Ms. Aileen Medalla, a Filipino teacher, shares her experiences as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), most especially about an experience so unique—the life-changing opportunity to work for Michael Jackson.

Little was known about Ms. Aileen in the MJ fan community, mainly because she chose to stay away from the public eye. So, when she announced that she has written a book about her time with the Jackson family, she was met with some skepticism.

Let me reiterate that this book DOES NOT, in any way, violate the privacy of Michael Jackson and his children. It was written with the utmost respect for the family. I also appreciate the fact that Ms. Aileen had no intentions of sharing her story had it not been for salacious fake documentaries and tabloid narratives made against Michael Jackson.

There are no controversies, no tabloid rumors, no innuendos, and no embellishments in this book. It mainly focuses on Ms. Aileen’s journey as an OFW and her first-hand experiences with the Jackson family. This is a book about immense gratitude.

As the homeschool teacher of the Jackson kids, Ms. Aileen offers a unique and fresh perspective into MJ’s life. Away from the spotlight, Michael was shy and quiet, humble, giving, and thoughtful. A man who enjoyed the simple things in life like popcorn with Tabasco, a doting father who valued his children’s education and manners, and a very appreciative boss who would sometimes cook for his staff.

This was such a joy to read! It was lighthearted, touching, and full of endearing memories about MJ and his children. The book concept is just like a travel journal, peppered with wonderful illustrations and souvenirs like notes and gifts from Michael and the kids, travel photos, tickets, and even airplane boarding passes that Ms. Aileen kept—it made me feel as if I was right there with her, experiencing the world along with the Jackson family. One of my favorites was a note from MJ, apologizing about his kids not having showered before classes started one particular day. I love it! It’s really the little things that reveal a person’s true nature.

Throughout their travels, Michael made sure that Ms. Aileen was able to enrich her experience too and would encourage her to explore the place. From her account of how MJ treated her, I got the sense that MJ kind of took her under his wing. Ms. Aileen talks of how she stayed where the family stayed, and how she ate the same food they ate. She was treated like family. While reading the book, I can definitely feel the mutual love and appreciation that Ms. Aileen and the Jackson family have for each other.

As Ms. Aileen mentioned, OFWs face many challenges and many sacrifices in search for better opportunities abroad—a gamble they willingly take for their families. As a fellow Filipina, I am very proud of Ms. Aileen’s accomplishments. And as an MJ fan, I am very thankful to her for her loyalty and for speaking up for Michael.

Ms. Aileen met her boss at a time in his life when he was recovering from the trauma of enduring a farcical trial. MJ did not let that experience change the way he treated people. He always chose kindness which definitely speaks to the kind of person that he truly was. Without a doubt, this book made me love Michael even more.

My takeaway: Sometimes, all we need in life is to be given a chance. And when you are given this chance and you are showered with kindness, encouragement, and appreciation, it inspires you to be a better person. There really is no better way to repay the kindness but to pay it forward.

I highly recommend this book! You will smile, you will laugh, you will cry a bit, but most of all, you will love Michael 3000!

https://thekingofpopandi.com/shop/

https://thekingofpopandi.com/international-orders/

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Facebook:

people saying this book is not real and only made up. i'm not planning buying but how people know this not real or not. anyway i'm not gonna get in to it i just wanted let people know how others feel about it.