Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 62 USD (33%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 166 to 178 of 178

Thread: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

   
  1. #166
    Points: 12, Level: 1
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    5
    Points
    12
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    I remember him talking about the book to Glenda Stein on the phone. Whether or not you believe the tapes are real is one thing, but going on what was heard I remember him saying something about initially not wanting her to read his book in case it changed her feelings for him. He truly wanted no pity, just some empathy.

  2. #167
    Points: 12, Level: 1
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 2.0%

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    5
    Points
    12
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Michael Jackson: The Real Story: An Intimate Look Into Michael Jackson's Visionary Business and Human Side By Dieter Wiesner & Yusuf Jah



    Michael's former manager, Dieter Wiesner, has written his account about his time spent with The King of Pop. It isn't a bad read and Mr. Wiesner shows nothing but love for Michael and his memories.

    I just finished this book and was rather pleased. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to get this book or not, but now I'm happy that I did. A quick read, 290 pages. It reads at a fast pace, it bounces from Mr. Wiesner trying to sell the "Mrystery" drink on the HIStory tour to him being Michael's manager just like that. Mr. Wiesner also included many personal photographs from his time with Michael that are sure to please many fans!

    Anyone else read this book? Thoughts?

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  3. #168
    Points: 16,821, Level: 82
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26,798
    Points
    16,821
    Level
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 786 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    A NEW MJ BOOK written by a loving fan is being released as we speak:

    “You're my fairy tale, Michael.” “Oooh,” said Michael, and he brushed my cheek with his hand, making me flutter. This was the moment, under a starry sky in Las Vegas, when Talitha Linehan told Michael Jackson how she’d viewed him since childhood, not just as a man but as a magical being. It was a perception that never wavered, throughout hundreds of encounters she had with him over more than a decade, in public and in private, at venues and hotels across the world, inside his most famous home, Neverland Valley, and inside his final home, in Los Angeles. In this deeply personal memoir, Talitha recalls a journey that began when she discovered Michael, while growing up in the Irish countryside, and that ended when she last spoke to him, at a rehearsal studio in LA, on the last night of his life. By drawing on diary entries, she reveals the joy and heartache of loving and losing the most famous star on the planet, and a man she simply loves with all her heart.

    Contact: Website: https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com

    Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Michael-Jac...00532455314968
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/mjandmememoir

    Marketing: Darina Ahern, michaeljacksonandtalitha@gmail.com

    January 2021 – The release of the memoir A real-life fairy tale: Michael Jackson and me by Talitha Linehan Pages: 285; includes never-before-published photographs of Michael Jackson

    Price on Amazon USA - Paperback: $19.99; eBook: $9.99 ISBN - Paperback: 978-1-7360246-0-7; eBook: 978-1-7360246-8-3

    The book is available to purchase on Amazon, as a paperback and an eBook, and will become available on other platforms over the coming weeks. Please visit https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com

    For more information and to request a copy for review. ###

    https://www.facebook.com/10053245531...4238453944368/

    Interview with talitha on Irish radio this morning

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:


  5. #169
    Points: 21,615, Level: 92
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,824
    Points
    21,615
    Level
    92
    Thanks
    5,298
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,287 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by MozisOfOzz View Post
    Michael Jackson: The Real Story: An Intimate Look Into Michael Jackson's Visionary Business and Human Side By Dieter Wiesner & Yusuf Jah



    Michael's former manager, Dieter Wiesner, has written his account about his time spent with The King of Pop. It isn't a bad read and Mr. Wiesner shows nothing but love for Michael and his memories.

    I just finished this book and was rather pleased. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to get this book or not, but now I'm happy that I did. A quick read, 290 pages. It reads at a fast pace, it bounces from Mr. Wiesner trying to sell the "Mrystery" drink on the HIStory tour to him being Michael's manager just like that. Mr. Wiesner also included many personal photographs from his time with Michael that are sure to please many fans!

    Anyone else read this book? Thoughts?

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It looks interesting. I'm especially pleased that Michael's "visionary business and human side" is mentioned on the front cover.

  6. #170
    Points: 5,998, Level: 50
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    820
    Points
    5,998
    Level
    50
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked 211 Times in 173 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    I seen this book at Barnes and Noble and just want everyone's honest opinion on this book.

  7. #171
    Points: 37,329, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    10,313
    Points
    37,329
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    3,207
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 1,247 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    A NEW MJ BOOK written by a loving fan is being released as we speak:

    “You're my fairy tale, Michael.” “Oooh,” said Michael, and he brushed my cheek with his hand, making me flutter. This was the moment, under a starry sky in Las Vegas, when Talitha Linehan told Michael Jackson how she’d viewed him since childhood, not just as a man but as a magical being. It was a perception that never wavered, throughout hundreds of encounters she had with him over more than a decade, in public and in private, at venues and hotels across the world, inside his most famous home, Neverland Valley, and inside his final home, in Los Angeles. In this deeply personal memoir, Talitha recalls a journey that began when she discovered Michael, while growing up in the Irish countryside, and that ended when she last spoke to him, at a rehearsal studio in LA, on the last night of his life. By drawing on diary entries, she reveals the joy and heartache of loving and losing the most famous star on the planet, and a man she simply loves with all her heart.

    Contact: Website: https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com

    Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/Michael-Jac...00532455314968
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/mjandmememoir

    Marketing: Darina Ahern, michaeljacksonandtalitha@gmail.com

    January 2021 – The release of the memoir A real-life fairy tale: Michael Jackson and me by Talitha Linehan Pages: 285; includes never-before-published photographs of Michael Jackson

    Price on Amazon USA - Paperback: $19.99; eBook: $9.99 ISBN - Paperback: 978-1-7360246-0-7; eBook: 978-1-7360246-8-3

    The book is available to purchase on Amazon, as a paperback and an eBook, and will become available on other platforms over the coming weeks. Please visit https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com

    For more information and to request a copy for review. ###

    This book now has it own website.

    https://www.michaeljacksonandme.com/

  8. #172
    Points: 49,843, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Paris78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,102
    Points
    49,843
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,406
    Thanked 15,991 Times in 4,564 Posts

    Default Re: The King of Pop and I: A Filipino Teacher's Travel Memoir with Michael Jackson and His Children

    Quote Originally Posted by NatureCriminal7896 View Post
    Aileen Medalla is a young and strong-willed woman living and trying to find a job as a foreigner in the Kingdom of Bahrain. But after several months of job hunting and zero calls, she was ready to give up, call it quits, and return to the Philippines… until she received a mysterious call for a job interview.Aileen invites you to join her as she provides a glimpse of the private world of the one and only King of Pop, Mr. Michael Jackson. Being one of the few who had unrestricted access to his undisclosed circle, she chronicles how he was as a father, boss, and a regular person. This book aims to open hearts and eyes about the true Michael Jackson. What you read and hear about Michael Jackson may not always be true. His persona looms larger than the controversies and accusations. A living witness to the inherent kindness of the King, Aileen Medalla wistfully shares her personal story with Michael and his children, of ordinary moments which unveiled the real persona of her famous boss, having known and been with the Jacksons for three good years. A story of HOPE, FAITH, and GRATITUDE, this is the story of Aileen Medalla and her journey around the world with the King of Pop Mr. Michael Jackson across continents in Europe, US, and Asia.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08RH7WNRC



    https://www.facebook.com/authoraileenmedalla

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:


  10. #173
    Points: 49,843, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Paris78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,102
    Points
    49,843
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,406
    Thanked 15,991 Times in 4,564 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    The King of Pop and I: An experience of a lifetime!
    Rating: 5/5

    Ms. Aileen Medalla, a Filipino teacher, shares her experiences as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), most especially about an experience so unique—the life-changing opportunity to work for Michael Jackson.

    Little was known about Ms. Aileen in the MJ fan community, mainly because she chose to stay away from the public eye. So, when she announced that she has written a book about her time with the Jackson family, she was met with some skepticism.

    Let me reiterate that this book DOES NOT, in any way, violate the privacy of Michael Jackson and his children. It was written with the utmost respect for the family. I also appreciate the fact that Ms. Aileen had no intentions of sharing her story had it not been for salacious fake documentaries and tabloid narratives made against Michael Jackson.

    There are no controversies, no tabloid rumors, no innuendos, and no embellishments in this book. It mainly focuses on Ms. Aileen’s journey as an OFW and her first-hand experiences with the Jackson family. This is a book about immense gratitude.

    As the homeschool teacher of the Jackson kids, Ms. Aileen offers a unique and fresh perspective into MJ’s life. Away from the spotlight, Michael was shy and quiet, humble, giving, and thoughtful. A man who enjoyed the simple things in life like popcorn with Tabasco, a doting father who valued his children’s education and manners, and a very appreciative boss who would sometimes cook for his staff.

    This was such a joy to read! It was lighthearted, touching, and full of endearing memories about MJ and his children. The book concept is just like a travel journal, peppered with wonderful illustrations and souvenirs like notes and gifts from Michael and the kids, travel photos, tickets, and even airplane boarding passes that Ms. Aileen kept—it made me feel as if I was right there with her, experiencing the world along with the Jackson family. One of my favorites was a note from MJ, apologizing about his kids not having showered before classes started one particular day. I love it! It’s really the little things that reveal a person’s true nature.

    Throughout their travels, Michael made sure that Ms. Aileen was able to enrich her experience too and would encourage her to explore the place. From her account of how MJ treated her, I got the sense that MJ kind of took her under his wing. Ms. Aileen talks of how she stayed where the family stayed, and how she ate the same food they ate. She was treated like family. While reading the book, I can definitely feel the mutual love and appreciation that Ms. Aileen and the Jackson family have for each other.

    As Ms. Aileen mentioned, OFWs face many challenges and many sacrifices in search for better opportunities abroad—a gamble they willingly take for their families. As a fellow Filipina, I am very proud of Ms. Aileen’s accomplishments. And as an MJ fan, I am very thankful to her for her loyalty and for speaking up for Michael.

    Ms. Aileen met her boss at a time in his life when he was recovering from the trauma of enduring a farcical trial. MJ did not let that experience change the way he treated people. He always chose kindness which definitely speaks to the kind of person that he truly was. Without a doubt, this book made me love Michael even more.

    My takeaway: Sometimes, all we need in life is to be given a chance. And when you are given this chance and you are showered with kindness, encouragement, and appreciation, it inspires you to be a better person. There really is no better way to repay the kindness but to pay it forward.

    I highly recommend this book! You will smile, you will laugh, you will cry a bit, but most of all, you will love Michael 3000!

    Reviewed by Melissa Peralta
    Michael Jackson Book Club Member

    https://thekingofpopandi.com/

  11. #174
    Points: 1,291, Level: 19
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    50
    Points
    1,291
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 38 Times in 25 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Anyone read this one and want to share interesting things from it? Referring to Michael JAckson and me - Talitha's book

  12. #175
    Points: 21,615, Level: 92
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,824
    Points
    21,615
    Level
    92
    Thanks
    5,298
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,287 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by mjfan05 View Post
    Anyone read this one and want to share interesting things from it? Referring to Michael JAckson and me - Talitha's book
    I haven't read it myself, yet, but I intend to. I am hearing nothing but good, positive reports about the book - apparently, it holds many interesting and insightful anecdotes that fans have not heard before and there are a lot of new, previously unreleased images in the book which are from Talitha's private collection.

  13. #176
    Points: 12, Level: 1
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    3
    Points
    12
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    I've read moonwalk along with "my friend, Michael" by frank Cascio which was interesting but sad, I'm not sure if he is 100% a reliable source though.

  14. #177
    Points: 7,527, Level: 57
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    140
    Points
    7,527
    Level
    57
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    ive read two books on mike lately one was the bodyguard's book and it was a 10 out of 10 for me and the other one was my friend michael by frank and while i loved it up till the end he started talking about the fake tracks and defended them saying it was all politics trying to push the family out of mj's life and that pissed me off,any one with working ears could tell that wasnt mike so that chapter put the whole book in a question mark for me like if he's willing to lie about that what other stories did he lie about in it?
    if i had known before hand he'll try to justify the tracks on the book i wouldn't have bought it so im letting anyone whos interested know he did just that.

  15. #178
    Points: 21,615, Level: 92
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,824
    Points
    21,615
    Level
    92
    Thanks
    5,298
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,287 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by rolerprod View Post
    ive read two books on mike lately one was the bodyguard's book and it was a 10 out of 10 for me and the other one was my friend michael by frank and while i loved it up till the end he started talking about the fake tracks and defended them saying it was all politics trying to push the family out of mj's life and that pissed me off,any one with working ears could tell that wasnt mike so that chapter put the whole book in a question mark for me like if he's willing to lie about that what other stories did he lie about in it?
    if i had known before hand he'll try to justify the tracks on the book i wouldn't have bought it so im letting anyone whos interested know he did just that.
    The bodyguards' book is a must read for any fan, in my opinion, because it includes a period in Michael's life that is not often written about and it comes from a unique perspective. I have never read Frank Cascio's book.....I don't think it offers anything interesting enough for me to want to buy it. Thanks for the heads-up regarding the content towards the end of the book.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •