Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

Thread: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

   
  1. #46
    Points: 71, Level: 1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Points
    71
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    I just finished reading "83 Minutes". IMO, it was a bit disappointing, but still interesting. If you've read a lot of MJ books, there's not much new info here. However, the last chapter dealing with his death conspiracy theories is quite interesting. Too bad they don't elaborate more on them, especially the one regar

  2. #47
    Points: 71, Level: 1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Points
    71
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    I just finished reading the Frank Casio book and have mixed feelings about it. I hesitated because I didn't want him to exploit his friendship with MJ, but I was curious. What do some of you think about it?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Courtneymartin For This Useful Post:


  4. #48
    Points: 1,322, Level: 20
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    DifferentKindOfLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    449
    Points
    1,322
    Level
    20
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 216 Times in 142 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneymartin View Post
    I just finished reading the Frank Casio book and have mixed feelings about it. I hesitated because I didn't want him to exploit his friendship with MJ, but I was curious. What do some of you think about it?
    I read that book too! I also don´t know what to think. I agree with you when you say he exploits his friendship with MJ. I speak for myself, if I was friends with Michale I would never write a book about our friendship, our private conversations, etc... Why do that? Frank should keep that to himself.
    About the book, I don´t know if some of the things are true, because so many people write stuuf about him that is not true, that I don´t know if those things are real or just made up stuff to make money out of it.

  5. #49
    Points: 10, Level: 1
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1
    Points
    10
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    The best mj book is moonwalk

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMjReport For This Useful Post:


  7. #50
    Points: 1,396, Level: 20
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Nantucket Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    172
    Points
    1,396
    Level
    20
    Thanks
    680
    Thanked 124 Times in 68 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneymartin View Post
    I just finished reading "83 Minutes". IMO, it was a bit disappointing, but still interesting. If you've read a lot of MJ books, there's not much new info here. However, the last chapter dealing with his death conspiracy theories is quite interesting. Too bad they don't elaborate more on them, especially the one regar
    I got that book at Half Price Books a while back and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Good to know it's at least mildly interesting.

    Also, I think your post got cut off at the end.

  8. #51
    Points: 164, Level: 3
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points
    TheThrillerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    21
    Points
    164
    Level
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    I've been looking to get Michael Jackson "All The Songs" since last year. It cost 50 dollars and I've been too cheap to spend any money frivolously but it's cool because it gives a detailed account of all the records Michael was co-wrote, produced and or was featured on lead-vocal wise or background. Especially the songs most people aren't really aware of that tend to be my personal favorites.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheThrillerGuy For This Useful Post:


  10. #52
    Points: 71, Level: 1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Points
    71
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket Cat View Post
    I got that book at Half Price Books a while back and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Good to know it's at least mildly interesting.
    Also, I think your post got cut off at the end.
    It did....what I was saying is the AEG conspiracy in the final chapter. Too bad they didn't dig more into that one. "Making Michael" by Mike Smallcombe is also a decent book, especially about his later years.

  11. #53
    Points: 71, Level: 1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Points
    71
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentKindOfLady View Post
    I just don't know why he exaggerated. He said he knew Michael since he was a kid. So, why tell lies? I wonder what Michael thought about him...
    I know that I did read in another book (can't remember which one right now) that Michael was very upset with him about that book and stopped talking to him afterwards. IMO, the book is really a good read...quite interesting...but I don't believe all he says. I know some things are inaccurate.....even tabloid-ish. The best chapter is near the end, when he revisits Neverland after Michael's death. Very touching!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Courtneymartin For This Useful Post:


  13. #54
    Points: 1,322, Level: 20
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    DifferentKindOfLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    449
    Points
    1,322
    Level
    20
    Thanks
    447
    Thanked 216 Times in 142 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneymartin View Post
    I know that I did read in another book (can't remember which one right now) that Michael was very upset with him about that book and stopped talking to him afterwards. IMO, the book is really a good read...quite interesting...but I don't believe all he says. I know some things are inaccurate.....even tabloid-ish. The best chapter is near the end, when he revisits Neverland after Michael's death. Very touching!
    I heard that too. Yeak I like the book but as I said, I don´t belive everything he talks about.

  14. #55
    Points: 2,257, Level: 28
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    724
    Points
    2,257
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 793 Times in 420 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Is there such a thing as a complete MJ lyrics collection out there? Not looking for annotations or interpretations, just a plain old lyrics book.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  15. #56
    Points: 71, Level: 1
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7
    Points
    71
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Is there such a thing as a complete MJ lyrics collection out there? Not looking for annotations or interpretations, just a plain old lyrics book.
    There is a website with lyrics to all of his songs--lyrics only. You could print it out and not have to buy a book. I don't remember the name of it. Sorry, I ran into it by luck. Just do a Google search. That's how I found it.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Courtneymartin For This Useful Post:


  17. #57
    Points: 11,652, Level: 71
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,926
    Points
    11,652
    Level
    71
    Thanks
    3,543
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 867 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentKindOfLady View Post
    I read that book too! I also don´t know what to think. I agree with you when you say he exploits his friendship with MJ. I speak for myself, if I was friends with Michale I would never write a book about our friendship, our private conversations, etc... Why do that? Frank should keep that to himself.
    About the book, I don´t know if some of the things are true, because so many people write stuuf about him that is not true, that I don´t know if those things are real or just made up stuff to make money out of it.
    I have had many long, deep and meaningful chats with Frank Cascio in DMs on twitter and to me he is very sincere and genuine. I think he has been misunderstood by fans and there is a lot of misinformation going around amongst the fandom, about Frank and his own personal thoughts, ideas, motives, etc. A lot of things said by fans about him are just not true. He has explained many things to me. He said that he wrote the book more as a cathartic exercise, than anything else....to put his story out of his head and down on paper.....to express his own feelings....to put out there his perspective on what Michael was like and what their relationship was. He said he never expected to make money from it and didn't do it for money. I think, in many ways, fans have been just as cruel and judgmental towards Michael's friends as they have been towards his enemies; although I accept that sometimes it's hard to determine which is which.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:


  19. #58
    Points: 11,652, Level: 71
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,926
    Points
    11,652
    Level
    71
    Thanks
    3,543
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 867 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheThrillerGuy View Post
    I've been looking to get Michael Jackson "All The Songs" since last year. It cost 50 dollars and I've been too cheap to spend any money frivolously but it's cool because it gives a detailed account of all the records Michael was co-wrote, produced and or was featured on lead-vocal wise or background. Especially the songs most people aren't really aware of that tend to be my personal favorites.
    This one sounds interesting. I will definitely check it out!

  20. #59
    Points: 2,257, Level: 28
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    724
    Points
    2,257
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    619
    Thanked 793 Times in 420 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneymartin View Post
    There is a website with lyrics to all of his songs--lyrics only. You could print it out and not have to buy a book. I don't remember the name of it. Sorry, I ran into it by luck. Just do a Google search. That's how I found it.
    Thanks, but I’m looking for a book. Just because I like books.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  21. #60
    Points: 5,813, Level: 49
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Moviefan2k4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    284
    Points
    5,813
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 92 Times in 64 Posts

    Default Re: MJ Book Club - Michael Jackson Book Discussion (Old Books and New)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I have had many long, deep and meaningful chats with Frank Cascio in DMs on twitter and to me he is very sincere and genuine. I think he has been misunderstood by fans and there is a lot of misinformation going around amongst the fandom, about Frank and his own personal thoughts, ideas, motives, etc. A lot of things said by fans about him are just not true. He has explained many things to me. He said that he wrote the book more as a cathartic exercise, than anything else....to put his story out of his head and down on paper.....to express his own feelings....to put out there his perspective on what Michael was like and what their relationship was. He said he never expected to make money from it and didn't do it for money. I think, in many ways, fans have been just as cruel and judgmental towards Michael's friends as they have been towards his enemies; although I accept that sometimes it's hard to determine which is which.
    Thanks for sharing your perspective on Frank Cascio; I loved his book and thought it was 100% true. There's some things in it that I doubt a scammer would include, which make Michael out to be as fallible as the rest of us. No rational person would include those details, if they hoped to profit from the book.
    God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •