Has this year been worse than the 05 trial?

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
It feels as if we are finally on the back end of Leaving Neverland, but it did create a lot of faux backlash about Michael, the overall atmosphere toward Michael for a time was quite aggressive, i'm just wondering though, as a fan who was around during the 05' trial, was this year worse?

In my opinion 03/05 was worse. I was 12 back then but I do remember some things, especially the day when Michael arrived to court in handcuffs. In my point of view there was no need to handcuff the man, and I think that was very shameful and humiliating. And of course, to me those 2 years destroyed him. So this year wasn´t worse, but then again it is horrible what they still are doing to him.

2003-05 is the worst year for Michael, but 2019 is the worst for me, LN causes me so much stress the most other than the Arctic curse I've suffered during January until the beginning of March and the Boston Bruins not winning the Stanley Cup made my year worse.

Except 2009.
Yes.:cry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thriller_MJ, to your question: No. Of course, not. In 03-05 MICHAEL HIMSELF! had to suffer! from those false and unbelievably humiliating allegations. It was one more attempt to kill Michael... And for us, the fans it was hard and horrible, too: to see, to read every day! 1 1/2 years long the most hurting rumors towards Michael, no facts, just lies and fantasies and speculations of blood-minded people and media. It was inexpressibly cruel against Michael! By comparison to it LN is an unintelligent and stupid attempt to destroy MJs reputation, and the predictable work of some losers and liars to get some money from the estate.

MJ's life was at stake in 03/05, so it's not even comparable.

What's confusing about LN is it's so absurd it's hard to believe it's actually happening (plus the fake woke cancel culture attention seekers who were trying to make it worse, but the public as such obviously didn't listen so their effort rather backfired and resulted in MJ-listening protest parties instead).

Just came accros this excerpt from a Linda Deutsch interview (she - and Mike Taibbi - were the only fair reporters during the trial among hundreds). I agree with everything she says, including this: "I think the trial killed him."
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="hu"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Linda Deutsch talks about the trial that should never have been. About sneddons vendetta, and the affect the whole debacle had on Michael Jackson. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJInnocent?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MJInnocent</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BuyThriller?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BuyThriller</a> <a href="https://t.co/BcCIKyBQnA">pic.twitter.com/BcCIKyBQnA</a></p>&mdash; Simon Lomax (@simonlomax73) <a href="https://twitter.com/simonlomax73/status/1190214825063911426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">2019. november 1.</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even when I listen to Linda Deutsch today the memories to that time arise so strong. Back then her articles were some kind of places to rest within all the horrible sensationalism. Just informations what was going on in the courtroom. And also - when I just listened to her in this tweet the fear for Michael inside of me re emerges, all the disgust about what they did to him, inclusive the palpitate for fear.

Sorry but this does not touch 2005. Mj was talked about 24/7 on every station every night, with lies being told and disputed even some tramp saying she was pregnant with Quads for MJ which Gloria Alred and others jumped on (it was a lie), reactment on Enews, etc. This what we are going through now is joke and minimum. Many people take this latest trash with a grains of salt. This latest is more media hype and even many media did not cover it in all fairness.

I agree, this crap has nothing on what MJ went through before, don&#8217;t get me wrong this is bad and the only thing I can see that&#8217;s positive, if that&#8217;s possible, is that Michael isn&#8217;t here to suffer all that pain again. That&#8217;s the only little bit of comfort I can take from all of this. It hasn't stopped me being heartbroken with the LN rubbish but I know, as does the majority of people that&#8217;s its all BS, I just hope all three of them get their karma at some point

2005 was definitely worse much worse and yes i agree the trial killed him

I agree with you, guys. The '05 trial had been the worse for Michael. From then on, there had only been a downwards spiral for him, which resulted in his untimely death.
The only positive aftermath, after the trial...he sort of managed to regain some of his dignity, being able to prove his innocence in a court of law. And there had also been the overwhelming support of the fans! We all know that that had always given him hope. Nowadays, there's only us, the fans, left to stand up for his cause. And I hope we will continue to do that until his name will be cleared :praying

I think it’s the worst. At least with 05 as had a fair trial and acquittal.

No
:( Not even close
The trial ...and watching/following that continually on Sky telly ,was hell. the ZERO support or the SILENCE from celebs was HELL.
The boycott on m everywhere was shit. You felt so alone. He was a dirty word on the radio . Eminem at the height of his fame, mocked him... shitty video.Always on the telly. Akons" locked up "coming on music telly usually after ,well that didn't really help matters...sorry.

Watching him return nearly every day was hellish. the court breaks confusing, .. as the time zone was tiring .
I remember I would set a tiny alarm clock next to the telly so i'd know what time it would be when he was coming to court ,usually it was always 8:30 am
4:30pm in my zone.

Judge Rodney Melville asking him to come into court in his pjs, he was sick... that was horrible witnessing that ...

The woman, that screaming banshee" don't touch my private... hell hearing that outside the court.

That weather music is ingrained in my brain.

Watching , witnessing someone you loved going through RIDICULOUS public humiliation for the second ****ing time was HELL. PAIN. Even though I witnessed this only on telly. through the screen. You still felt the pain.
Using him as a scapegoat to deter our minds from what was really going on in the world, It was hell, pain...

Last edited:
05 was much worse, this ones feels different for sure. Michael is not here to defend himself and it is after the change in 09 and the temperment with MJs name.. 05, was much darker.

You know many people still never heard of Leaving Neverland and/or could not tell you the first thing about it. Everyone knew about the 05 trial, you could not escape it.

No
:( Not even close
The trial ...and watching/following that continually on Sky telly ,was hell. the ZERO support or the SILENCE from celebs was HELL.
The boycott on m everywhere was shit. You felt so alone. He was a dirty word on the radio . Eminem at the height of his fame, mocked him... shitty video.Always on the telly. Akons" locked up "coming on music telly usually after ,well that didn't really help matters...sorry.

Watching him return nearly every day was hellish. the court breaks confusing, .. as the time zone was tiring .
I remember I would set a tiny alarm clock next to the telly so i'd know what time it would be when he was coming to court ,usually it was always 8:30 am
4:30pm in my zone.

Judge Rodney Melville asking him to come into court in his pjs, he was sick... that was horrible witnessing that ...

The woman, that screaming banshee" don't touch my private... hell hearing that outside the court.

That weather music is ingrained in my brain.

Watching , witnessing someone you loved going through RIDICULOUS public humiliation for the second ****ing time was HELL. PAIN. Even though I witnessed this only on telly. through the screen. You still felt the pain.
Using him as a scapegoat to deter our minds from what was really going on in the world, It was hell, pain...

I agree with you. Michael preety much disapeared. His music disapeared. It was a horrible humiliation but at least he was cleared of all the shit they accused him. Now, he's not here to defend himself but on the other hand he's not here to see all this shit again and thats kinda good. But of course I wanted him here, its just maybe its better for him not to be here. I don't think he could handle it all Over again.

Your words are so true. You just made me cry again sweetheart :heart:

05 was much worse, this ones feels different for sure. Michael is not here to defend himself and it is after the change in 09 and the temperment with MJs name.. 05, was much darker.

You know many people still never heard of Leaving Neverland and/or could not tell you the first thing about it. Everyone knew about the 05 trial, you could not escape it.

Darker.. Yes, yes that's it KOPV. That's the word. God, it felt heavy..
So yes everyone, we really can say, 05 was much, much worse than 2019.

Your words are so true. You just made me cry again sweetheart :heart:

I think if he was still here today, he'd probably died this year. They humilliated him and now they are still humiliating a dead man. The ones who should be in jail right now we're the Arvizos because in reality they killed him. He was never the same and when he finally was starting his life again he died. 05 was much worse.

Me too
The pain is real..

Edit - People... Anna can we close this thread, can we?

I think it better keep this open its good to express our feelings

I think it better keep this open its good to express our feelings
Yeah.. It make sense.
Michael Jackson fans are very strong people aren't we?
Very resilient.
Its cos we learnt from the best! ??

Back