Michael Jackson changed me

DifferentKindOfLady

Proud Member
He did changed me. The night he died I was 16 years old (been a fan since the age of 5) watching tv and suddenly the news of his dead hit the screen. I didn't cry and stood Frozen, felt nothing. Then, the morning came and the first thing I saw on the TV was The way you make me feel, followed by the news discussing how he died, why he died, tributes, etc. Then it hit me, he wasnt here anymore. I cried and cried for months. Even my mother said to me: "Get out of the house, go take a walk cause you are obsesed. He died" (my mim loves him too) When I went to school in september my friends said I changed and I really did. I didn't want to be in school, I just wanted to be in my house surrounded by my MJ things, because I felt closer to him, it was like he was there.
As the years went by I started to feel better, I started to smile and not crying as much, because I even cried watching thriller. I said he changed me because he made me want to achieve things, have goals. And so I went to college and I'm a historian. I owe that to him, because I was Lost and he helped me find myself. He made me feel it was possible for me to try to have a better life.
I never saw him, never. He came to my country (Portugal) only once in october I think of 1992 and two months after that i was born. Ironically I turned one year old in 1993 on december 22, when he made that announcement live from Neverland.
So I just wanted to say that he made who I am today and I'm proud for living 16 years in a world where Michael Jackson lived, even though I really really wish he could be here today.
I love you Michael and I will always hold your hand.
Sorry for the long post!!!

I completely understand that. It was a depressing time, and no one can understand except fans, I think.

StageGlitter;4273753 said:
I completely understand that. It was a depressing time, and no one can understand except fans, I think.

Only the fans understand, because some people told me to move on, he was not even my family, why be sad for someone you don´t even knew? But to me it´s like he is family. That´s why I joined this community because here everyone understands. And now with this documentary some people still think horrible things about him, I had to defend him again. I´m just tired of that and if people want to think bad stuff let them think. I know what he means to me and to the people who like him. That´s enough for me.

I consider myself lucky in that regard. When he died, I was not that crazy into him (I was 25). I liked his music, I had huge respect for him as an entertainer and a person and he was a part of my childhood.
But I didn't cry and I didn't feel that particularly sad. Just shocked by the big news. I cannot even begin to imagine if things were different...I am so sorry for every fan that had to go through that. If I had felt for him what I feel today when he died...damn, that would break me in half.

SilkySnare;4273779 said:
I consider myself lucky in that regard. When he died, I was not that crazy into him (I was 25). I liked his music, I had huge respect for him as an entertainer and a person and he was a part of my childhood.
But I didn't cry and I didn't feel that particularly sad. Just shocked by the big news. I cannot even begin to imagine if things were different...I am so sorry for every fan that had to go through that. If I had felt for him what I feel today when he died...damn, that would break me in half.

Yeah you were lucky in feeling that way because for me it was horrible. I even cried watching Thriller. But now I don´t remember he´s dead. It´s weird because in 2009 i cried cause he died, right now I don´t remember at all he died. It´s crazy but that´s how I feel.

Michael died on my son's 1st birthday....since then I have never have

I feel heartbroken for Michael and ashamed and angry to me bc since then I always work as a robot that day. Guilty about thinking of MJ and can't concentrate on my son

I feel exactly the same as you..im from spain and for me he is still alive in my heart..i still can feel his energy..hes everywhere and we all the fans know it..he loved us as part of him thats all and its all for Love guys..

With love..forever Michael

I wish we had a "HUG" emoticon. If there was one, I would use it to hug you all.

He did changed me. The night he died I was 16 years old (been a fan since the age of 5) watching tv and suddenly the news of his dead hit the screen. I didn't cry and stood Frozen, felt nothing. Then, the morning came and the first thing I saw on the TV was The way you make me feel, followed by the news discussing how he died, why he died, tributes, etc. Then it hit me, he wasnt here anymore. I cried and cried for months. Even my mother said to me: "Get out of the house, go take a walk cause you are obsesed. He died" (my mim loves him too) When I went to school in september my friends said I changed and I really did. I didn't want to be in school, I just wanted to be in my house surrounded by my MJ things, because I felt closer to him, it was like he was there.
As the years went by I started to feel better, I started to smile and not crying as much, because I even cried watching thriller. I said he changed me because he made me want to achieve things, have goals. And so I went to college and I'm a historian. I owe that to him, because I was Lost and he helped me find myself. He made me feel it was possible for me to try to have a better life.
I never saw him, never. He came to my country (Portugal) only once in october I think of 1992 and two months after that i was born. Ironically I turned one year old in 1993 on december 22, when he made that announcement live from Neverland.
So I just wanted to say that he made who I am today and I'm proud for living 16 years in a world where Michael Jackson lived, even though I really really wish he could be here today.
I love you Michael and I will always hold your hand.
Sorry for the long post!!!

This is beautiful and resonates a great deal with me and the way my feelings were, in the beginning and also over the years. It's amazing how many times fans say that Michael changed them and changed their lives for the better, regardless of whether they actually saw him, met him, or not. It is a wonderful phenomenon and part of why he was such a great man.

Thank you for sharing everyone. I needed to read this today. 12 years after his death, the world has changed, this forum has changed so much and I don't come here a lot any more. but I am glad to see that some of us are still here. He still lives in our hearts.

He changed me too. Or rather, he is one of the three major influences of my life. I've been a fan since I was maybe 8 or 9. I was 24 when he died. He made me who I am.

Today I am grieving again. I dreamt of MJ a few nights ago... Maybe that's why. I will always miss him. I will always love him with all my heart. I still feel him with us,his energy, his spirit...

Back