We need to make another modification on the website...

Should we...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StageGlitter

Proud Member
If someone knows how, like a computer guru, can they please delete some of the threads and place them in an archive? I feel like there's so many threads that aren't looked at anymore...wouldn't it be nice to open forums and know that the threads you're looking at aren't from like 2001? I'm not trying to be petty, I'm just sayin'...if there is a way to reduce the outdated threads...that would be nice. Not delete them if that's not what's wanted, but put them ...somewhere else?

I’d just keep them. I’m new here and I love digging through all the old stuff. It’s interesting. :)

If someone knows how, like a computer guru, can they please delete some of the threads and place them in an archive? I feel like there's so many threads that aren't looked at anymore...wouldn't it be nice to open forums and know that the threads you're looking at aren't from like 2001? I'm not trying to be petty, I'm just sayin'...if there is a way to reduce the outdated threads...that would be nice. Not delete them if that's not what's wanted, but put them ...somewhere else?

I don't agree, I think they should be left exactly where they are, fans may want to go back and read them at some point, plus it shows how popular this site is. What's the problem with them being there?

Alh21;4273918 said:
I don't agree, I think they should be left exactly where they are, fans may want to go back and read them at some point, plus it shows how popular this site is. What's the problem with them being there?

I agree. I edited my post cause I had written "archive" them but I really want to keep them. I´m new here and I haven´t seen all the threads.

Your poll is kind of suggesting that the appearance of the site is decided by democratic means and that a vote will impact upon the layout, going forward. That is not really the case and never has been.

Gaz is the owner and founder of the site. Whilst he does appreciate constructive feedback from the membership, he is the one who ultimately decides how the site looks. He is the one with the tech knowledge and capabilities to change its organisation and appearance as well. Gaz has only recently revamped MJJC and has made decisions with regard to the way the content on the site is organised. This means that he is satisfied with how everything is currently arranged. Feedback from the membership at the time of the revamping was also very positive, as I recall.

With regard to the "old" threads - they are the pride of MJJC and they provide something for members and guests which is not really provided anywhere else at the moment. The HUGE amount of content within these threads forms a historical archive.....it's Michael's history and it's the history of the fans who have been coming to the site for years....some even before June 2009. I think of it as a time capsule of sorts; providing a glimpse into what fans were feeling and discussing, at certain points in time. A few of our new members have given their opinions and I agree with what they have posted. I have noticed that new members like to share their views on topics in old threads and they like to bump up the old polls, quizzes, games, and picture discussions as well. It's a way for them to connect with each other, learn their way around the forum and tap into what the long time members have said in the past. It's all part of our VIBE.

;)

I haven't been around regularly in awhile and when I am, I'm on the mobile version. Did MJJC stop having the archived section? I used to read the previous years fairly frequently.

I haven't been around regularly in awhile and when I am, I'm on the mobile version. Did MJJC stop having the archived section? I used to read the previous years fairly frequently.

We used to have an archived section, yes......marked with each year.....BUT, I think the archived years stopped at around 2015, or so. It's my understanding that during the re-vamping and reorganisation of the content this year, the archives were dissolved. Now the threads have all been allocated to their respective sub-forums, based on topic. You'll see that there are "old" threads in the mix with more current threads and members can now bump them up and continue on with the discussions, if they wish.

The rich history of this forum is precisely what sets it apart from fleeting platforms like Facebook or Twitter, where everything quickly sinks into oblivion and no one is held responsible for their words and actions after a first burst of outrage.

I looked around on the internet for quite a while before I decided to settle here. It’s the best place to gain and share knowledge about MJ. People here are nice, respectful, and – as a collective – knowledgeable about just about anything. :)

Just look at gems like Moonly’s MJJC Uploads and the amount of research and collaboration that went into making it the best it can be. And that’s just one example. :listeningtomusic

While a little reorganization may be necessary from time to time, there’s in my opinion no need to archive anything for good. You never know when and why an old thread may become relevant again.

May I hijack this thread for a quick question? How and when did this forum start? I also occasionally see people referring to “the old forum” and I’m wondering what that’s about. Thanks. :)

ScreenOrigami;4273973 said:
May I hijack this thread for a quick question? How and when did this forum start? I also occasionally see people referring to “the old forum” and I’m wondering what that’s about. Thanks. :)

Scratch that question. I found the answer on the “About” page, where it belongs. It’s always where you look last, right? :laughing:

Back