Thread: Michael Jackson, the Super Hero (Thoughts, Opinions and Comments!)

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

Post Michael Jackson, the Super Hero (Thoughts, Opinions and Comments!)

New to the forum, but not new to being a fan/student to Michael by any means. I actually haven't been on a Michael Jackson forum since "PositivelyMichael" was shut down years ago. I never thought to join another one since. I recently got a new laptop and basic editing software and I figured now would be a good a time as ever to start getting out the ideas that have moving around in my head for years. This montage in particular I've wanted to make ever since I heard that rendition of "Smooth Criminal". Normally I don't like when people remix, remake or cover his music in anyway shape or form; but this one really stood out to me. It really just sparked my imagination to where I thought of damn near every heroic/cool moment Michael has ever had on stage or in film. I did my best to weave together all the clips that suited the song within the time the song allowed. Lol but I ran out of time so I ended up using a similar rendition of Billie Jean for the second segment for the montage. As well as the end which was emotional for me before I even made it. The last song did have a crescendo at the end but I chose to omit it because I liked how it made me feel; which was both sad and grateful at the same time. It also reminded me of how some animes I've watched ended, just abrupt and somewhat gentle ending that makes you wonder what happens next. I've been a fan of Michael since 1998, I was born in 1993 and my musical taste was synonymous with Michael Jackson and Will Smith (LOL). Since those two were like the dad's I never had or always wanted. I've always recorded dance videos, never posted or shared them online and kept them for my own personal critique. Perfectionism is infectious, and you know where I'm going with that lol. Anyway, anyone who stumbles on this video, if you'd be so kind as to let me know what you liked, appreciated most about it, what stood out to you, how it made you feel for watching it etc. Making montage videos in my spare time is a hobby of mine since I practically live in my imagination, so there'll be more of these. Even if you have a song request per se I'd be glad to do it if anyone enjoys watching and listening as much as I am. Since there isn't that much new Michael Jackson content these days, I like creating my own stuff and watching it. Appreciate anybody who reads, and comments. Thanks

-Dimitri (TTG)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheThrillerGuy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Jackson, the Super Hero (Thoughts, Opinions and Comments!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheThrillerGuy View Post
    New to the forum, but not new to being a fan/student to Michael by any means. I actually haven't been on a Michael Jackson forum since "PositivelyMichael" was shut down years ago. I never thought to join another one since. I recently got a new laptop and basic editing software and I figured now would be a good a time as ever to start getting out the ideas that have moving around in my head for years. This montage in particular I've wanted to make ever since I heard that rendition of "Smooth Criminal". Normally I don't like when people remix, remake or cover his music in anyway shape or form; but this one really stood out to me. It really just sparked my imagination to where I thought of damn near every heroic/cool moment Michael has ever had on stage or in film. I did my best to weave together all the clips that suited the song within the time the song allowed. Lol but I ran out of time so I ended up using a similar rendition of Billie Jean for the second segment for the montage. As well as the end which was emotional for me before I even made it. The last song did have a crescendo at the end but I chose to omit it because I liked how it made me feel; which was both sad and grateful at the same time. It also reminded me of how some animes I've watched ended, just abrupt and somewhat gentle ending that makes you wonder what happens next. I've been a fan of Michael since 1998, I was born in 1993 and my musical taste was synonymous with Michael Jackson and Will Smith (LOL). Since those two were like the dad's I never had or always wanted. I've always recorded dance videos, never posted or shared them online and kept them for my own personal critique. Perfectionism is infectious, and you know where I'm going with that lol. Anyway, anyone who stumbles on this video, if you'd be so kind as to let me know what you liked, appreciated most about it, what stood out to you, how it made you feel for watching it etc. Making montage videos in my spare time is a hobby of mine since I practically live in my imagination, so there'll be more of these. Even if you have a song request per se I'd be glad to do it if anyone enjoys watching and listening as much as I am. Since there isn't that much new Michael Jackson content these days, I like creating my own stuff and watching it. Appreciate anybody who reads, and comments. Thanks

-Dimitri (TTG)
    First of all I want to welcome you to the community, its amazing having new members and realizing that Michael continues to be loved by many people. Second of all, we are close in age! I was born in 1992 in december and I'm a fan of Michael since I was 5 just like you!
    And its good to know that your skills can contribute to the fórum. Só I hope you feel happy here and welcome to the family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DifferentKindOfLady For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheThrillerGuy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 804 Posts

New to the forum, but not new to being a fan/student to Michael by any means. I actually haven't been on a Michael Jackson forum since "PositivelyMichael" was shut down years ago. I never thought to join another one since.
    OMG. Welcome to MJJC!! I was one of the founding members and a moderator on PosMike.....you might remember me as RedCorvette (RC) on there. I'm glad you've found your way back to the MJ fan community.

Thank you for your contributions so far and I hope you enjoy your time on MJJC as much as we all enjoyed PM.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

It’s Djay!!!! I don’t know if you remember since it’s been a few years. Wow, had I known you were here I would’ve came here sooner.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheThrillerGuy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 804 Posts

It’s Djay!!!! I don’t know if you remember since it’s been a few years. Wow, had I known you were here I would’ve came here sooner.
    I remember you, Djay! Aaawww....you're a sweetie for saying you would have come here, sooner.
    There are actually a few other PosMikers here, too. Nantucket Cat is one of them.