Invincible: Special Edition (Fanmade)

MikeJac2005

Proud Member
INVINCIBLE (SPECIAL EDITION)

Michael Jackson's Invincible, re-imagined. Enjoy this fan-made sequence that removes 5 of the (IMO) weaker ballads and replaces with some of the amazing outtakes that were tragically left off! Special alternate track list includes NEW version of Blue Gangsta (longer/full length as in original leak, combined w/Timbaland remix strings + missing percussion). :p

PLUS a vision of what the original gold Invincible album cover / photo would have looked like in Hi-Res! I've seen this attempted a few times before, but I thought I'd try it my way.

So much detail and definition was lost in the final official artwork, so this was created by taking the original gold painted image, shared in low-res by Omer Bhatti - and combining with the final album artwork. Then adding ALOT of hours in Photoshop lol.

DOWNLOADS:
Invincible (Special Edition) - MP3 Download: [link removed by staff - FIND ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/UniverseMJJ]
Hi-Res Artwork Pack: http://bit.ly/3vGHbXX

Enjoy!

Credit: MikeJac2005/@UniverseMJJ

TRACK LIST:
1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Invincible
4. Break of Dawn
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Blue Gangsta
9. Shout
10. Fall Again
11. 2000 Watts
12. Privacy
13. We've Had Enough
14. Whatever Happens
15. Threatened

RogBb2.png

RMXa2P.png

RMXhJm.png

RMXbF1.png

RMbBQQ.png

RMX5oZ.png

RMbYO9.png

RMbt8T.png

RMbxOF.png

RMbasD.png

Last edited:
Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

To say I disagree with this would be an understatement. How arrogant do you have to be to believe you've made a better album. I wouldn't paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa and pretend I've improved it.

Strongly disagree that Shout is better than anything on Invincible too. You Are My Life, Speechless, The Lost Children? Gone?

Sorry but this is a complete mess. I'm all for fan made creativity but this is weak.

Why would you not include, arguably, the greatest outtake of them all, Xscape?

Reactions: SoS

To say I disagree with this would be an understatement. How arrogant do you have to be to believe you've made a better album. I wouldn't paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa and pretend I've improved it.

Strongly disagree that Shout is better than anything on Invincible too. You Are My Life, Speechless, The Lost Children? Gone?

Sorry but this is a complete mess. I'm all for fan made creativity but this is weak.

Well, you don't have to like it! Some will agree/appreciate and that's who this is for. I don't claim that this is "better". I said re-imagined, and it's been done in a way I personally like. As you said, it's just fan-made creativity....this doesn't replace the original album, you can always go and play that.

Separate from the track list, the artwork restoration was the main part of the work anyway.

Thanks for your comment! :)

Last edited:

Why would you not include, arguably, the greatest outtake of them all, Xscape?

I specifically didn't include Xscape because while I love that song, it sounds very dated next to the rest. It doesn't fit. The sound is more Dangerous era IMO. Great track though.

Well, you don't have to like it! Some will agree/appreciate and that's who this is for. I don't claim that this is "better". I said re-imagined, and it's been done in a way I personally like. As you said, it's just fan-made creativity....this doesn't replace the original album, you can always go and play that.

Separate from the track list, the artwork restoration was the main part of the work anyway.

Thanks for your comment! :)

The artwork is definitely well done. Question for you though, why include MJs signature?

The artwork is definitely well done. Question for you though, why include MJs signature?
I included MJ's signature in a few versions along with a sticker to give it more of a "real" feeling. I've never had anything signed by MJ so it's nice to imagine if this was an official release, or indeed the original release. In this age of non-physical releases I wanted to give a more tangible feeling to a few versions.

Most versions are without it though, it's just an option. I even included versions that are very close to the original cover, but with improved resolution, detail, shadow/contrast and a slightly looser crop.

People are free to do with it what they please :)

Last edited:

Ah, thanks for noticing despite the arrogant, weak mess of the rest of it! ;)

I included MJ's signature in a few versions along with a sticker to give it more of a "real" feeling. I've never had anything signed by MJ so it's nice to imagine if this was an official release, or indeed the original release. In this age of non-physical releases I wanted to give a more tangible feeling to a few versions.

Most versions are without it though, it's just an option. I even included versions that are very close to the original cover, but with improved resolution, detail, shadow/contrast and a slightly looser crop.

People are free to do with it what they please :)

Sorry, I seem to have clearly upset you.

It was just a question. I did wonder if it was to mimic the signing event in 2001. I've got it in my iTunes and renamed it the Fan Edition. The project is well done, don't get me wrong. I just didn't agree with the label of it being 'Special' (indicating it's above the original) or removing some of the album's finest moments.

I really appreciate how much work you have put into this!
I love the fact that you put 'We've Had Enough' , 'Fall Again' and 'Blue Gangsta' on the album as they are among my favourite outtakes from 'Invincible'.
Also I really like the way you have enhanced the artwork.

Nice artwork

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

Download links to officially released/copyrighted album material are not permitted.

Download links to officially released/copyrighted album material are not permitted.

Ok, Can you change the title back to Invincible (Special Edition) please though? Thanks :)

I love the artwork. I think that's as close as the original we'll get. Thanks

This is cool! Well done.

I like the idea of fixing up the tracklist. At a glance, this definitely looks better. Would be interested to hear how it flows.

Invincible is perfect as is. Just add those tracks to Invincible 25, no need to remove great songs.

Also, what's with the Lost Children hate? I think that song is amazing!

SilkySnare;4275106 said:
Invincible is perfect as is. Just add those tracks to Invincible 25, no need to remove great songs.

Also, what's with the Lost Children hate? I think that song is amazing!

Agreed! There’s some beautiful moments left out of this for much weaker songs.. Shout being the main culprit.

I'd rather add a CD2 with songs like BG, APWNN, AD, HT, SWLM and Xscape.

;-)

also swap out Privacy with the extended version from kai. that one is epic with unheard vocals.

dam2040;4275108 said:
Agreed! There’s some beautiful moments left out of this for much weaker songs.. Shout being the main culprit.
I listen to that song often.... the vocals are beautiful! Shout can stay where it was (unreleased)

The number 1 thing I'd remove from Invincible is that god awful Chris Tucker intro for You Rock My World. I love Chris, but that was just embarrassing and unnecessary

The number 1 thing I'd remove from Invincible is that god awful Chris Tucker intro for You Rock My World. I love Chris, but that was just embarrassing and unnecessary

I mean I kinda agree, but the way Michael says 'Watch' with that confidence is just insanely cool.

Really? I always thought it was OK.
It sure as hell beats the spoken intro to the Can't Stop Loving You, if you ask me.

Replaced You are my life with we’ve had enough. For whatever reason I just don’t like You are my life at all. I skip it every time it’s on cringeworthy in my opinion. Sorry should kept that one in the vault.

I almost never listen to You Are My Life. There are just too many tracks on Invincible that are bland and forgettable.

And yes that YRMW intro is dreadful, I use the radio edit if anything.

Love the Can't Stop intro though. I miss it sometimes.

I love the artwork. I think that's as close as the original we'll get. Thanks

No problem, and thank you!!

This is cool! Well done.

I like the idea of fixing up the tracklist. At a glance, this definitely looks better. Would be interested to hear how it flows.

Just hit the download link on my twitter and you can download the mp3s :) https://twitter.com/UniverseMJJ/status/1197656977205268485

Man I gotta hand it to you, that version of blue gangster is incredible!

Thank yooouuuu!!! Glad you appreciate. I love it!

I listen to that song often.... the vocals are beautiful! Shout can stay where it was (unreleased)

lol SHOUT is great! MJ is almost rapping in it and it's different, modern and funky. I like the message and wish it was a single with video! FYI, it was released, as a B-Side on the European single of Cry. Which I think is a massive shame as it's FAR superior to Cry. In fact, Shout was meant to be on the album until it was swapped at the last minute for You Are My Life (another kind of bland song)

The 5 tracks I removed are (In order of quality):

Speechless (Sweet but too Disney and saccharine for me)
You Are My Life (Nice-ish, it's OK but nothing special at all)
Cry (Ok on occasion, but is basically a poor Man in The Mirror knock off)
The Lost Children (Kinda sweet and I understand why this song is important to Michael but I don't think it fits on the album and it's again very Disney, verging into adult contemporary with the sound, I don't think the message is hugely relatable - very specific issue of missing kids - probs would have been better to talk about harm against kids in general (slavery, trafficking, etc), and make it more powerful rather than nursery rhymey. Or to leave the kids subject altogether, as it could be perceived negatively by the public)
Don't Walk Away (IMO the worst track on Invincible, for me it's very boring, and vocally it sounds very safe for Michael. Nothing really happens in the song and it's got that Adult contemporary/easy listening feel. On top it's kinda depressing/melancholy which works on a track like Stranger in Moscow - but not here)

Someone said that Invincible is perfect, well, I did this because I think the album is generally regarded (by fans and public alike) as his worst. This bothers me because I actually think it's a great album - It just had a larger amount of tracks than his previous - but the problem is those additional tracks weren't as great, and brings the average perception down. If I remove those 5 that I consider to be weaker - that's still 11 songs that I LOVE. Similar amount of tracks as Thriller, Bad, OTW, and just as good IMO

MikeJac2005;4275606 said:
lol SHOUT is great! MJ is almost rapping in it and it's different, modern and funky. I like the message and wish it was a single with video! FYI, it was released, as a B-Side on the European single of Cry. Which I think is a massive shame as it's FAR superior to Cry. In fact, Shout was meant to be on the album until it was swapped at the last minute for You Are My Life (another kind of bland song)

Speechless (Sweet but too Disney and

Shout is a great song. My only gripe with it is that I wish the engineer would have turned up MJ’s vocal a bit. Make them more clearer. The lyrics are so hard hitting and powerful and it’s a disservice to the lyrics to make them that inaudible.

All in all this was a great project. I listened to it from top to bottom and it was a coherent piece of work. Even though I would have chose other songs I did like your version.

Themidwestcowboy;4275609 said:
Shout is a great song. My only gripe with it is that I wish the engineer would have turned up MJ’s vocal a bit. Make them more clearer. The lyrics are so hard hitting and powerful and it’s a disservice to the lyrics to make them that inaudible.

All in all this was a great project. I listened to it from top to bottom and it was a coherent piece of work. Even though I would have chose other songs I did like your version.

Thank you! I kinda agree about the level of the vocals, also the bass is lacking - the drums are less punchy than anything else on Invincible so I did bass boost it a bit in my version

Well, there are filler songs on every album, IMO.

Thriller had Lady in my Life.
Bad had Just Good Friends.
Dangerous had She Drives me Wild, Can't Let Her Get Away and Keep the Faith.
HIStory had D.S., Come Together, Childhood and Little Susie.
Invincible had You Are my Life and Don't Walk Away.

But I wouldn't remove them, they all make the albums what they are.
Sure, there are many songs that deserve their albums and could be added. But I wouldn't remove any :rockingstickman:

Back