Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66

Thread: Invincible Reimagined

   
  1. #1
    Points: 5,864, Level: 49
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    MikeJac2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    74
    Points
    5,864
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 63 Times in 30 Posts

    Cool Invincible Reimagined

    INVINCIBLE (SPECIAL EDITION)

    Michael Jackson's Invincible, re-imagined. Enjoy this fan-made sequence that removes 5 of the (IMO) weaker ballads and replaces with some of the amazing outtakes that were tragically left off! Special alternate track list includes NEW version of Blue Gangsta (longer original leak, combined w/Timbaland remix strings + Xscape album punchiness).

    PLUS a vision of what the original gold Invincible album cover / photo would have looked like in Hi-Res! I've seen this attempted a few times before, but I thought I'd try it my way.

    So much detail and definition was lost in the final official artwork, so this was created by taking the original gold painted image, shared in low-res by Omer Bhatti - and combining with the final album artwork. Then adding ALOT of hours in Photoshop lol.

    DOWNLOADS:
    Invincible (Special Edition) - MP3 Download: [link removed by staff - FIND ON TWITTER BELOW]
    Hi-Res Artwork Pack: https://bit.ly/37p6TCZ

    Enjoy!

    Credit: MikeJac2005/MJJUniverse https://twitter.com/UniverseMJJ

    TRACK LIST:
    1. Unbreakable
    2. Heartbreaker
    3. Invincible
    4. Break of Dawn
    5. Heaven Can Wait
    6. You Rock My World
    7. Butterflies
    8. Blue Gangsta
    9. Shout
    10. Fall Again
    11. 2000 Watts
    12. Privacy
    13. We've Had Enough
    14. Whatever Happens
    15. Threatened











    Last edited by MikeJac2005; 23-11-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: removed link

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeJac2005 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Points: 52,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    4,765
    Points
    52,760
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2,045
    Thanked 3,697 Times in 1,547 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    To say I disagree with this would be an understatement. How arrogant do you have to be to believe you've made a better album. I wouldn't paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa and pretend I've improved it.

    Strongly disagree that Shout is better than anything on Invincible too. You Are My Life, Speechless, The Lost Children? Gone?

    Sorry but this is a complete mess. I'm all for fan made creativity but this is weak.

  4. #3
    Points: 30,133, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Sverige)
    Posts
    4,856
    Points
    30,133
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    6,022
    Thanked 4,523 Times in 1,824 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Why would you not include, arguably, the greatest outtake of them all, Xscape?

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Points: 5,864, Level: 49
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    MikeJac2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    74
    Points
    5,864
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 63 Times in 30 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    To say I disagree with this would be an understatement. How arrogant do you have to be to believe you've made a better album. I wouldn't paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa and pretend I've improved it.

    Strongly disagree that Shout is better than anything on Invincible too. You Are My Life, Speechless, The Lost Children? Gone?

    Sorry but this is a complete mess. I'm all for fan made creativity but this is weak.
    Well, you don't have to like it! Some will agree/appreciate and that's who this is for. I don't claim that this is "better". I said re-imagined, and it's been done in a way I personally like. As you said, it's just fan-made creativity....this doesn't replace the original album, you can always go and play that.

    Separate from the track list, the artwork restoration was the main part of the work anyway.

    Thanks for your comment!
    Last edited by MikeJac2005; 23-11-2019 at 04:14 PM.

  7. #5
    Points: 5,864, Level: 49
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    MikeJac2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    74
    Points
    5,864
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 63 Times in 30 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Why would you not include, arguably, the greatest outtake of them all, Xscape?
    I specifically didn't include Xscape because while I love that song, it sounds very dated next to the rest. It doesn't fit. The sound is more Dangerous era IMO. Great track though.

  8. #6
    Points: 52,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    4,765
    Points
    52,760
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2,045
    Thanked 3,697 Times in 1,547 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJac2005 View Post
    Well, you don't have to like it! Some will agree/appreciate and that's who this is for. I don't claim that this is "better". I said re-imagined, and it's been done in a way I personally like. As you said, it's just fan-made creativity....this doesn't replace the original album, you can always go and play that.

    Separate from the track list, the artwork restoration was the main part of the work anyway.

    Thanks for your comment!
    The artwork is definitely well done. Question for you though, why include MJs signature?

  9. #7
    Points: 5,864, Level: 49
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    MikeJac2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    74
    Points
    5,864
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 63 Times in 30 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    The artwork is definitely well done. Question for you though, why include MJs signature?
    Ah, thanks for noticing despite the arrogant, weak mess of the rest of it!

    I included MJ's signature in a few versions along with a sticker to give it more of a "real" feeling. I've never had anything signed by MJ so it's nice to imagine if this was an official release, or indeed the original release. In this age of non-physical releases I wanted to give a more tangible feeling to a few versions.

    Most versions are without it though, it's just an option. I even included versions that are very close to the original cover, but with improved resolution, detail, shadow/contrast and a slightly looser crop.

    People are free to do with it what they please
    Last edited by MikeJac2005; 23-11-2019 at 05:07 PM.

  10. #8
    Points: 52,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    4,765
    Points
    52,760
    Level
    100
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2,045
    Thanked 3,697 Times in 1,547 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJac2005 View Post
    Ah, thanks for noticing despite the arrogant, weak mess of the rest of it!

    I included MJ's signature in a few versions along with a sticker to give it more of a "real" feeling. I've never had anything signed by MJ so it's nice to imagine if this was an official release, or indeed the original release. In this age of non-physical releases I wanted to give a more tangible feeling to a few versions.

    Most versions are without it though, it's just an option. I even included versions that are very close to the original cover, but with improved resolution, detail, shadow/contrast and a slightly looser crop.

    People are free to do with it what they please
    Sorry, I seem to have clearly upset you.

    It was just a question. I did wonder if it was to mimic the signing event in 2001. I've got it in my iTunes and renamed it the Fan Edition. The project is well done, don't get me wrong. I just didn't agree with the label of it being 'Special' (indicating it's above the original) or removing some of the album's finest moments.

  11. #9
    Points: 1,122, Level: 18
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    50
    Points
    1,122
    Level
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 67 Times in 24 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    I really appreciate how much work you have put into this!
    I love the fact that you put 'We've Had Enough' , 'Fall Again' and 'Blue Gangsta' on the album as they are among my favourite outtakes from 'Invincible'.
    Also I really like the way you have enhanced the artwork.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dethorro For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Points: 5,593, Level: 48
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    413
    Points
    5,593
    Level
    48
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 252 Times in 90 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Nice artwork

    Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk

  14. #11
    Points: 23,820, Level: 94
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,028
    Points
    23,820
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 759 Times in 328 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Download links to officially released/copyrighted album material are not permitted.


    Help Staff help you. Remember:

    Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.


  15. #12
    Points: 5,864, Level: 49
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    MikeJac2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    74
    Points
    5,864
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 63 Times in 30 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Download links to officially released/copyrighted album material are not permitted.
    Ok, Can you change the title back to Invincible (Special Edition) please though? Thanks

  16. #13
    Points: 23,820, Level: 94
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,028
    Points
    23,820
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 759 Times in 328 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible (Special Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJac2005 View Post
    Ok, Can you change the title back to Invincible (Special Edition) please though? Thanks
    No. It's misleading.


    Help Staff help you. Remember:

    Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.


  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:


  18. #14
    Points: 5,995, Level: 50
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    wonderouzmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    727
    Points
    5,995
    Level
    50
    Thanks
    207
    Thanked 464 Times in 212 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible Reimagined

    I love the artwork. I think that's as close as the original we'll get. Thanks

  19. #15
    Points: 8,399, Level: 61
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    2,772
    Points
    8,399
    Level
    61
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 544 Times in 254 Posts

    Default Re: Invincible Reimagined

    This is cool! Well done.

    I like the idea of fixing up the tracklist. At a glance, this definitely looks better. Would be interested to hear how it flows.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •