Thread: Dangerous Tour planned songs

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Dangerous Tour planned songs

This is what happens when you have so many hits but he could've changed it up a couple of show nights. Like i really wanted to see him do billie jean in a new style like he said but.... never will now

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderouzmj For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 646 Posts

Sounds cool. I would have loved to see some more tracks from the Dangerous album on the tour, Remember The Time was amazing in that rehearsal, In The Closet would have been interesting, Give In To Me would have filled that Dirty Diana spot on the tour. As much as I love the tour I always felt the tour was somewhat bare, especially when The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad weren't in the setlist

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:

Rockin' Robin
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

In The Closet was definitely rehearsed during the Dangerous Tour. I’ve seen the rehearsal footage. Michael isn’t on camera though it was one of the background dancers. I think it was taco.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cprep20 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 914 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cprep20 View Post
    I’ve seen the rehearsal footage.
    Where? Well, it isn't surprising anyway because the song (instrumental) was performed on some Dangerous show. Footage is on YT.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

I would have loved to see a transition from Give In To Me to Black or White (outfits not that different, plus the little interlude in the start of Black Or White will provide some time) and Keep The Faith mixed with Man In The Mirror (imagine that conclusion!). A transition from She Drives Me Wild to In The Closet would have been cool as well and of course Remember The Time. Who Is It would have made quite a spectacle live. More songs from Dangerous should have been on the tour.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,785 Times in 2,239 Posts

The first that comes to my head is Remember the Time, we never got to see it full out...

I mean, there could have been a medley of Who Is It and Give Into Me... And um, it would have been really cool at some point to have heard Come Together live.

If I continued, I'd probably list 50% of his catalogue that he didn't perform..
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    The first that comes to my head is Remember the Time, we never got to see it full out...

I mean, there could have been a medley of Who Is It and Give Into Me... And um, it would have been really cool at some point to have heard Come Together live.

If I continued, I'd probably list 50% of his catalogue that he didn't perform..
    Noooooooooooo he cant do a melody of songs from a new album with the same name as the tour.
    Lady in my life shouldve replaced she's out of my life,
    J5 melody couldve switched up like dancing machine,heartbreak hotel,shake your body.
    Keep the faith for man in the mirror
    Ijcsly switched with Liberian girl.
    Who is it couldve switched wdan

Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,422 Times in 2,636 Posts

I've made my own DWT setlist that includes more songs from the Dangerous album while still keeping most of the older classics

1. Jam
    2. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
    3. Human Nature
    4. Smooth Criminal
    5. Who Is It
    6. Jackson 5 Medley
    7. Thriller
    8. Billie Jean
    9. Give Into Me
    10. Working Day And Night
    11. Beat It
    12. Will You Be There
    13. The Way You Make Me Feel
    14. Dangerous
    15. Black Or White
    16. Heal The World
    17. Man In The Mirror

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    Noooooooooooo he cant do a melody of songs from a new album with the same name as the tour.
    Lady in my life shouldve replaced she's out of my life,
    J5 melody couldve switched up like dancing machine,heartbreak hotel,shake your body.
    Keep the faith for man in the mirror
    Ijcsly switched with Liberian girl.
    Who is it couldve switched wdan
    Who Is It 100% could NOT switch with WD&N, a better song would be Remember The Time, WII doesn't fit at all, & would be really hard to transition out of
    I run an Michael Jackson Channel, check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJz...r6NeUixVghFpwA

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seldervi View Post
    I recall Jennifer saying 30+ songs were rehearsed (22 of those songs are confirmed to have been rehearsed). It would also match up with the (claimed) 25+ for the Musical, which is set during the Rehearsals.

Actually, I recall costume malfunction was the reason why Remember The Time missed not only the whole tour, but the Bucharest show.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Give In To Me was rehearsed, but i'm kinda thankful it was removed since I was never a big fan of that song. What I want to know is that if Keep The Faith was rehearsed (Personal Favorite song out of the album)
    The official reason was that Michael Jackson felt somewhat disturbed when that ancient-like skirt of one of the male dancers fell off (costume malfunction) during one of the first rehearsals of the ‘Remember The Time’ song.

It has been also claimed that ‘Remember The Time’ (along with ‘Rock With You’) were cut off eventually from the set list due to time constraints (they did not want to remove any of the other songs of the final set list, so if they added these two songs that move would exceed the desired set list’s runtime of the concert).

But neither of these two reasons is true.

The real reason for the withdrawal of ‘Remember The Time’ was that the dancers needed a lot of time to put their complicated costumes on (right before the song’s performance) and they also needed a lot of time to put their complicated costumes off (right after the song’s performance).

During the concert, that thing would create a big disruption.

About ‘Keep The Faith’, I have no information if it was rehearsed for the tour.

Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,422 Times in 2,636 Posts

I would have replaced the J5 medley with Another Part Of Me. APOM is awesome live, and I hated how it had to be dropped in later tours.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Dangerous Tour’s setlist was an absolute disgrace. Michael’s setlists were boring and predictable. He did the same hits with the same routine for years and neglected a lot of his gems. I understand his desire to do the hits but I think he underestimated the knowledge of his fans. The fans wouldn’t have all left the stadium if he did Give In To Me instead of Beat It, which had got extremely boring live by Dangerous Tour.

Dangerous Tour had only 4 songs from the Dangerous album in the first leg and 5 in the second leg. For an album that had 14 songs, that is a disgrace. Michael really did Dangerous dirty and we fans moan about the Estate not giving us Dangerous 25 lol.

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,697 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    Dangerous Tour’s setlist was an absolute disgrace. Michael’s setlists were boring and predictable. He did the same hits with the same routine for years and neglected a lot of his gems. I understand his desire to do the hits but I think he underestimated the knowledge of his fans. The fans wouldn’t have all left the stadium if he did Give In To Me instead of Beat It, which had got extremely boring live by Dangerous Tour.

Dangerous Tour had only 4 songs from the Dangerous album in the first leg and 5 in the second leg. For an album that had 14 songs, that is a disgrace. Michael really did Dangerous dirty and we fans moan about the Estate not giving us Dangerous 25 lol.
    It's because in my eyes, Michael wasn't a touring artist that only fans saw. People who weren't fans wanted to go to a Michael Jackson show. There are very, very few artists in history that are in that category. It's because of that, and I think MJs desire to make sure everyone was happy, he performed the hits every time. Also, let's not pretend it was the same thing over and over from 1987 - 1997. He kept the blueprint the same but definitely tweaked moments. Look at the transformation of Billie Jean. It's formula was the same but he tweaked how it was performed over the years.

I couldn't imagine watching any of the 3 tours and having a complaint. These shows are years and leagues above anyone else I've ever seen live. He's up there on his own. By far. And just because he didn't do Give Into Me or Remember The Time, it doesn't change that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

For a while I feel like Michael was pushing for new and fresh things. And then at some point, stopped. And he rested on the "oldies". That doesn't apply to all of his work, by any means. Michael's work on the HIStory album, in both the music and the music videos, showed a real determination to move forward and he was completely successful in doing so.

But in the concert department there was an increasing dependency on older material and established routines.

It is indeed poor that so little of the Dangerous album made it onto the tour. And none of it was performed live, am I right?

In fact, the only live public performance we have of any of the Dangerous songs is Gone Too Soon for Clinton?

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    It's because in my eyes, Michael wasn't a touring artist that only fans saw. People who weren't fans wanted to go to a Michael Jackson show. There are very, very few artists in history that are in that category. It's because of that, and I think MJs desire to make sure everyone was happy, he performed the hits every time. Also, let's not pretend it was the same thing over and over from 1987 - 1997. He kept the blueprint the same but definitely tweaked moments. Look at the transformation of Billie Jean. It's formula was the same but he tweaked how it was performed over the years.

I couldn't imagine watching any of the 3 tours and having a complaint. These shows are years and leagues above anyone else I've ever seen live. He's up there on his own. By far. And just because he didn't do Give Into Me or Remember The Time, it doesn't change that.
    I’ve to respectfully disagree. There was no fun in me watching Beat It at the Dangerous tour with him doing the same routine of coming to the stage via cherrypicker.

I don’t disagree that non fans attended Michael’s shows but majority in attendance would be his fans and I’m sure most of the fans would rather see him do songs that he hadn’t done live before.