Dangerous Tour planned songs

dethorro

Proud Member
I found this on Wikipedia:

''The theme "Give in to me", was one of the modifications that were had in the structure of the show, for its official closure in the United States, but they were only included in two presentations of Mexico City, it should be mentioned that also I planned to include the themes of "In the Closet", "Who Is It" and "Remember the Time", as well as the themes of "Rock with you", "Beat It", "The Girl Is Mine", "Bad" , "Liberian Girl", "The Way You Make Me Feel" and "Dirty Diana", which would be included again in the concerts randomly, because they would have an estimated duration of two hours and thirty minutes, a little more than the show usually lasted.''

Now I know how unreliable of a source Wikipedia can be (obviously 'Give In To Me' wasn't performed live in Mexico City) but I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding songs that Michael initially planned to perform but ultimately left off the set list for the 'Dangerous Tour' (apart from 'Rock With You' and 'Remember The Time').

That Wikipedia information sounds false (duh, it’s Wikipedia), but I will not doubt that they devised a setlist contrary to the rehearsals setlist that was shelved (like the original setlist of the Royal Brunei concert with songs from the Bad album). Just a guess though.

M.J. Content;4275206 said:
That Wikipedia information sounds false (duh, it’s Wikipedia), but I will not doubt that they devised a setlist contrary to the rehearsals setlist that was shelved (like the original setlist of the Royal Brunei concert with songs from the Bad album). Just a guess though.
What was that original setlist with the bad songs?

I wish he would have performed Remember the Time and Rock With You. The rehearsal videos are great.

Jennifer confirmed that both "In The Closet" & "Remember The Time" were rehearsed for the tour, but were cut before the final setlist

Remember that itc was played as a band interlude in Toulouse on the DWT. Curious to see a live vocals rehearsal!

Yes, in an interview with some Italian(?) magazine she mentions that it was rehearsed

Now that's a rehearsal I want to see. Assuming it's true and the magazine didn't misquote her.

I agree with Galactus on Remember the Time... that song is perfection and the fact that it wasn't performed on tour is a bit of a letdown.

Remember that itc was played as a band interlude in Toulouse on the DWT. Curious to see a live vocals rehearsal!

I would assume Live Vocals as Michael's rehearsals pre-1993 didn't have any lip-syncing at all, does anybody know the rehearsal dates for the tour? I know the song was taken out before Remember The Time, so it could be any dates before the earliest leaked rehearsals

Yes, in an interview with some Italian(?) magazine she mentions that it was rehearsed

Yes, a friend of mine played a show with her and she also confirmed that. Also, they were planning to do something different with SPYHO interlude with the backing vocals guys, more like the WATW interlude in the 2nd leg but, (as always) cutted out.

Michael Jackson also planned and rehearsed ‘In The Closet’ and ‘Give In To Me’ for the Dangerous Tour.

For his solo tours, he used to plan and rehearse also songs that were about to be released as singles during a certain tour.

He did that because he wanted to perform on stage also new songs that, at the same time, the audience (who came to see him live) was familiar with, like his newly released singles.

Also, according to information from his personnel employed on those tours, Michael Jackson always rehearsed more songs (than the ones on the final set list) just for him to be on the safe side.

An unexpected costume malfunction, or a technical serious glitch for example (concerning a certain song that was being performed) could be arise during the tour, and in that case another planned and rehearsed song (that is not included on the final set list) would smoothly and immediately replace it.

mj_frenzy;4275251 said:
Michael Jackson also planned and rehearsed ‘In The Closet’ and ‘Give In To Me’ for the Dangerous Tour.

For his solo tours, he used to plan and rehearse also songs that were about to be released as singles during a certain tour.

He did that because he wanted to perform on stage also new songs that, at the same time, the audience (who came to see him live) was familiar with, like his newly released singles.

Also, according to information from his personnel employed on those tours, Michael Jackson always rehearsed more songs (than the final set list) just for him to be on the safe side.

An unexpected costume malfunction, or a technical serious glitch for example (concerning a certain song that was being performed) could be arise during the tour, and in that case another planned and rehearsed song would smoothly and immediately replace it.
I recall Jennifer saying 30+ songs were rehearsed (22 of those songs are confirmed to have been rehearsed). It would also match up with the (claimed) 25+ for the Musical, which is set during the Rehearsals.

Actually, I recall costume malfunction was the reason why Remember The Time missed not only the whole tour, but the Bucharest show.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Give In To Me was rehearsed, but i'm kinda thankful it was removed since I was never a big fan of that song. What I want to know is that if Keep The Faith was rehearsed (Personal Favorite song out of the album)

I really wish 'Remember The Time' would have been performed.I mean it was such a big hit (bigger than 'She's Out Of My Life for example) and would have looked awesome on stage.

'In The Closet' also should have been performed since it looked really good on the HIStory Tour (probably not the whole song though).

I think the reason why 'Give In To Me' was not performed was because of 'Black Or White' and 'Beat It'.There would have been too many guitar songs in the set list.It's also probably the same with 'Keep The Faith', 'Will You Be There' and 'Man In The Mirror'.

This is what happens when you have so many hits but he could've changed it up a couple of show nights. Like i really wanted to see him do billie jean in a new style like he said but.... never will now

Sounds cool. I would have loved to see some more tracks from the Dangerous album on the tour, Remember The Time was amazing in that rehearsal, In The Closet would have been interesting, Give In To Me would have filled that Dirty Diana spot on the tour. As much as I love the tour I always felt the tour was somewhat bare, especially when The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad weren't in the setlist

In The Closet was definitely rehearsed during the Dangerous Tour. I’ve seen the rehearsal footage. Michael isn’t on camera though it was one of the background dancers. I think it was taco.

Cprep20;4275288 said:
I’ve seen the rehearsal footage.

Where? Well, it isn't surprising anyway because the song (instrumental) was performed on some Dangerous show. Footage is on YT.

I would have loved to see a transition from Give In To Me to Black or White (outfits not that different, plus the little interlude in the start of Black Or White will provide some time) and Keep The Faith mixed with Man In The Mirror (imagine that conclusion!). A transition from She Drives Me Wild to In The Closet would have been cool as well and of course Remember The Time. Who Is It would have made quite a spectacle live. More songs from Dangerous should have been on the tour.

The first that comes to my head is Remember the Time, we never got to see it full out...

I mean, there could have been a medley of Who Is It and Give Into Me... And um, it would have been really cool at some point to have heard Come Together live.

If I continued, I'd probably list 50% of his catalogue that he didn't perform..

The first that comes to my head is Remember the Time, we never got to see it full out...

I mean, there could have been a medley of Who Is It and Give Into Me... And um, it would have been really cool at some point to have heard Come Together live.

If I continued, I'd probably list 50% of his catalogue that he didn't perform..
Noooooooooooo he cant do a melody of songs from a new album with the same name as the tour.
Lady in my life shouldve replaced she's out of my life,
J5 melody couldve switched up like dancing machine,heartbreak hotel,shake your body.
Keep the faith for man in the mirror
Ijcsly switched with Liberian girl.
Who is it couldve switched wdan

I've made my own DWT setlist that includes more songs from the Dangerous album while still keeping most of the older classics

1. Jam
2. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
3. Human Nature
4. Smooth Criminal
5. Who Is It
6. Jackson 5 Medley
7. Thriller
8. Billie Jean
9. Give Into Me
10. Working Day And Night
11. Beat It
12. Will You Be There
13. The Way You Make Me Feel
14. Dangerous
15. Black Or White
16. Heal The World
17. Man In The Mirror

Noooooooooooo he cant do a melody of songs from a new album with the same name as the tour.
Lady in my life shouldve replaced she's out of my life,
J5 melody couldve switched up like dancing machine,heartbreak hotel,shake your body.
Keep the faith for man in the mirror
Ijcsly switched with Liberian girl.
Who is it couldve switched wdan

Who Is It 100% could NOT switch with WD&N, a better song would be Remember The Time, WII doesn't fit at all, & would be really hard to transition out of

Seldervi;4275252 said:
I recall Jennifer saying 30+ songs were rehearsed (22 of those songs are confirmed to have been rehearsed). It would also match up with the (claimed) 25+ for the Musical, which is set during the Rehearsals.

Actually, I recall costume malfunction was the reason why Remember The Time missed not only the whole tour, but the Bucharest show.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Give In To Me was rehearsed, but i'm kinda thankful it was removed since I was never a big fan of that song. What I want to know is that if Keep The Faith was rehearsed (Personal Favorite song out of the album)

The official reason was that Michael Jackson felt somewhat disturbed when that ancient-like skirt of one of the male dancers fell off (costume malfunction) during one of the first rehearsals of the ‘Remember The Time’ song.

It has been also claimed that ‘Remember The Time’ (along with ‘Rock With You’) were cut off eventually from the set list due to time constraints (they did not want to remove any of the other songs of the final set list, so if they added these two songs that move would exceed the desired set list’s runtime of the concert).

But neither of these two reasons is true.

The real reason for the withdrawal of ‘Remember The Time’ was that the dancers needed a lot of time to put their complicated costumes on (right before the song’s performance) and they also needed a lot of time to put their complicated costumes off (right after the song’s performance).

During the concert, that thing would create a big disruption.

About ‘Keep The Faith’, I have no information if it was rehearsed for the tour.

I would have replaced the J5 medley with Another Part Of Me. APOM is awesome live, and I hated how it had to be dropped in later tours.

Dangerous Tour’s setlist was an absolute disgrace. Michael’s setlists were boring and predictable. He did the same hits with the same routine for years and neglected a lot of his gems. I understand his desire to do the hits but I think he underestimated the knowledge of his fans. The fans wouldn’t have all left the stadium if he did Give In To Me instead of Beat It, which had got extremely boring live by Dangerous Tour.

Dangerous Tour had only 4 songs from the Dangerous album in the first leg and 5 in the second leg. For an album that had 14 songs, that is a disgrace. Michael really did Dangerous dirty and we fans moan about the Estate not giving us Dangerous 25 lol.

Nite Line;4275342 said:
Dangerous Tour’s setlist was an absolute disgrace. Michael’s setlists were boring and predictable. He did the same hits with the same routine for years and neglected a lot of his gems. I understand his desire to do the hits but I think he underestimated the knowledge of his fans. The fans wouldn’t have all left the stadium if he did Give In To Me instead of Beat It, which had got extremely boring live by Dangerous Tour.

Dangerous Tour had only 4 songs from the Dangerous album in the first leg and 5 in the second leg. For an album that had 14 songs, that is a disgrace. Michael really did Dangerous dirty and we fans moan about the Estate not giving us Dangerous 25 lol.

It's because in my eyes, Michael wasn't a touring artist that only fans saw. People who weren't fans wanted to go to a Michael Jackson show. There are very, very few artists in history that are in that category. It's because of that, and I think MJs desire to make sure everyone was happy, he performed the hits every time. Also, let's not pretend it was the same thing over and over from 1987 - 1997. He kept the blueprint the same but definitely tweaked moments. Look at the transformation of Billie Jean. It's formula was the same but he tweaked how it was performed over the years.

I couldn't imagine watching any of the 3 tours and having a complaint. These shows are years and leagues above anyone else I've ever seen live. He's up there on his own. By far. And just because he didn't do Give Into Me or Remember The Time, it doesn't change that.

For a while I feel like Michael was pushing for new and fresh things. And then at some point, stopped. And he rested on the "oldies". That doesn't apply to all of his work, by any means. Michael's work on the HIStory album, in both the music and the music videos, showed a real determination to move forward and he was completely successful in doing so.

But in the concert department there was an increasing dependency on older material and established routines.

It is indeed poor that so little of the Dangerous album made it onto the tour. And none of it was performed live, am I right?

In fact, the only live public performance we have of any of the Dangerous songs is Gone Too Soon for Clinton?

dam2040;4275348 said:
It's because in my eyes, Michael wasn't a touring artist that only fans saw. People who weren't fans wanted to go to a Michael Jackson show. There are very, very few artists in history that are in that category. It's because of that, and I think MJs desire to make sure everyone was happy, he performed the hits every time. Also, let's not pretend it was the same thing over and over from 1987 - 1997. He kept the blueprint the same but definitely tweaked moments. Look at the transformation of Billie Jean. It's formula was the same but he tweaked how it was performed over the years.

I couldn't imagine watching any of the 3 tours and having a complaint. These shows are years and leagues above anyone else I've ever seen live. He's up there on his own. By far. And just because he didn't do Give Into Me or Remember The Time, it doesn't change that.
I’ve to respectfully disagree. There was no fun in me watching Beat It at the Dangerous tour with him doing the same routine of coming to the stage via cherrypicker.

I don’t disagree that non fans attended Michael’s shows but majority in attendance would be his fans and I’m sure most of the fans would rather see him do songs that he hadn’t done live before.

Back