August 26th 1988 Wembley IJSCLY

dethorro

Proud Member
This is one of the concerts from the ‘Bad Tour’ that I haven’t seen people talk about that much.

There is a moment in particular that has always caught my attention when listening to this show: the band doesn’t end ‘I Just Can’t Stop Loving You’ the way they did in all the other 2nd leg shows after the line ‘And if I stop’.

In this concert they end it like in the 1st leg and after that Michael sings the last part acapella (for like 5 seconds lol).

Does anybody know why they did it this way in this concert only? Was it a mistake? I’ve been wondering this for years.

(On a side note, I really love Michael's vocals in this show. To me he sounds really on form. Probably more so than during the May- June 1988 shows.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3KtV2nrr8 (21:55)

This is super cool. He sounds so good!! Reminded me of This is It kinda.

check out TWYMMF from same show. This is only time i've heard him sang this part like that.
second verse:
"I swear I'm keepin' you satisfied
'Cause you're the one for me"

check out TWYMMF from same show. This is only time i've heard him sang this part like that.
second verse:
"I swear I'm keepin' you satisfied
'Cause you're the one for me"
I think he also did it in New York 88. I could be wrong on that though..

Wow. It was really nice hearing this!

Listen to the beginning of IJCSLY. Maybe it was a special performance to Elizabeth Taylor.

Last edited:
Yeah the way he phrased “cause you’re the one for me” was a nice surprise and a deviation from the way he always sung it.

He also stopped IJCSLY 10 seconds in to ask the audience to pray for Elizabeth Taylor who was very sick during that time if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
How cool would it be to have this concert leaked in PRO!

I also noticed that Michael sings more of the choruses of certain songs than he did in the July Wembley shows. For example in 'Thriller' (58:22) and in 'Working Day And Night' (1:17:50).

The 'Bad' ad libs from this show are probably my favourite from this tour.

i can share flac if anyone interested

How cool would it be to have this concert leaked in PRO!

I also noticed that Michael sings more of the choruses of certain songs than he did in the July Wembley shows. For example in 'Thriller' (58:22) and in 'Working Day And Night' (1:17:50).

The 'Bad' ad libs from this show are probably my favourite from this tour.

Its weird. We have multitracks for a show we dont have the masters to. Just the VHS copy. Yet we have film snippets from several wembley dates including August 26th.

Back