Xeones' Christmas Competition!

Xeones

Proud Member
Okay. I'll set some criteria for you guys to make fanmade albums in the comments. You must include:
-Album name.
-Year(s) recorded/released.
-Tracklist.
-Songs that were 'cut by Michael' from your album.
-Did he support your album with a tour?
-Which songs received music videos?
-Any other details you want.

It can be either a compilation album or a new album, it's up to you. I want you all to have fun with this. In the spirit of Christmas, I wanted to try to bring the community together with this fun little game. I'll choose the winner on December 15th! Have fun, guys!

Album title: Still The King

Years recorded: Started in the summer of 2006 with the Will.I.Am collaboration
Started in earnest in September 2009 during 'This Is It' leg break
Finished in March 2010.
Release: May 2010

Tracklist:
1. D.I.E (Dance Is Entertainment)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3.Shut Up And Dance
4.The Loser
5.Best Of Joy
6.Rock Tonight
7.Hold My hand (Ft. Akon)
8.Still The King
9.The Way You Love Me
10.Days In Gloucestershire
11.Escape
12.Adore You
13.I'm Dreaming
14. We've Had Enough

Songs that were cut by Michael:
- Beautiful Girl
- Ghost Of Another Lover
- Scared Of The Moon
- Bottom Of My Heart
- All In Your Name (Ft. Barry Gibb)
- Cheater

Tour: 'This Is It'

Songs from the album would start being performed live after being released as singles.

Videos:
-Still The King
- Hold My Hand
- D.I.E
- We've Had Enough
- Escape
- Shut Up And Dance

Other details:

-Michael would release 'Still The King' as the first single on July 13th 2009.
-The album would not be announced until January 2010.
- Other singles include: 'Hold My Hand', 'Hollywood Tonight', 'D.I.E', 'We've Had Enough', 'Shut Up And Dance', 'Adore You', 'Escape' and 'I'm Dreaming'

Now, I know that we haven't heard many of the songs that I have listed however these were the songs that Michael really wanted to finish before he died and I imagine that they were really good.
In my mind are 'D.I.E', 'Shut Up And Dance', 'Rock Tonight' and 'Still The King' up-tempo dance tracks, while 'Adore You' (who has been described by Brad Buxer as 'Will You be There'-like) and 'I'm Dreaming' are ballads.The rest of the tracks are outtakes that all of us have heard.

By the way, this is a great idea! I'm curious to see what kind of ideas the others have.

Last edited:
This is a great response, you are very in tune with the premise! I think just about everything is realistic- Michael wanted to work on an album during TII, I believe. However, it technically wouldn't be in the official TII dates, unless Mike extended them for the album!

Now, I know that we haven't heard many of the songs that I have listed however these were the songs that Michael really wanted to finish before he died and I imagine that they were really good.
In my mind are 'D.I.E', 'Shut Up And Dance', 'Rock Tonight' and 'Still The King' up-tempo dance tracks, while 'Adore You' (who has been described by Brad Buxer as 'Will You be There'-like) and 'I'm Dreaming' are ballads.The rest of the tracks are outtakes that all of us have heard.

By the way, this is a great idea! I'm curious to see what kind of ideas the others have.

Wow, dethorro, that was quite the post, congrats :clap: You really thought this all out. What amazes me most is your knowledge; I feel so out of the loop, it's not even funny. I haven't even read about the tunes you mentioned lol. I must say, your ideas sound very, very interesting indeed.

Okay. I'll set some criteria for you guys to make fanmade albums in the comments. You must include:
-Album name.
-Year(s) recorded/released.
-Tracklist.
-Songs that were 'cut by Michael' from your album.
-Did he support your album with a tour?
-Which songs received music videos?
-Any other details you want.

It can be either a compilation album or a new album, it's up to you. I want you all to have fun with this. In the spirit of Christmas, I wanted to try to bring the community together with this fun little game. I'll choose the winner on December 15th! Have fun, guys!

And the thread itself and its premise are quite nice also. I got one question though for you, mister/ma'am/one of the other 26475244970 genders there are in today's utterly asleep society/bot.......You get to choose the winner, fair enough - your game, your rules. But like Mike sang - what about us? What's it in for us, what PRIZE do we get, if we win?

I can have a rather competitive spirit and I also need motivation in order to participate in any game, so I need some further details before I try and put anything together. I'm sorry, but the the reviving of the community spirit and the happy exchange of musical fantasies just won't cut it.

I never got around to explaining this username, but there is an invisible dash between the G and the i, so the name is actually spelled out G-irrrl, as in Geeee in real life :D So you see, I'm far more interested in the concrete side of things, rather then immaterial aspects. I also have a somewhat strange sense of humor and I must warn you that I've been described, among other things, as being "beyond scary". Therefore, you should tread carefully.

Leaving jokes aside - give me a few days to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard, in this case. I already got some ideas, but I need time to sort them out. And I don't actually expect anything, don't worry. I'll do it in the spirit of Christmas and just for the sake of Michael's music :heart:

Thank you for taking part... I'm a male! I can't offer a huge prize like money or anything, so I'm sorry about that. The winner will simply get a congratulation post, and I'll write out a storyline to their album and tour, if they decided to do a tour along with it. I know it's not much but it's more about the community aspect to me! Good luck!

This is a great response, you are very in tune with the premise! I think just about everything is realistic- Michael wanted to work on an album during TII, I believe. However, it technically wouldn't be in the official TII dates, unless Mike extended them for the album!

Wow, dethorro, that was quite the post, congrats :clap: You really thought this all out. What amazes me most is your knowledge; I feel so out of the loop, it's not even funny. I haven't even read about the tunes you mentioned lol. I must say, your ideas sound very, very interesting indeed.

Thank you guys! More people should take part in this competition LOL

Thank you for taking part... I'm a male! I can't offer a huge prize like money or anything, so I'm sorry about that. The winner will simply get a congratulation post, and I'll write out a storyline to their album and tour, if they decided to do a tour along with it. I know it's not much but it's more about the community aspect to me! Good luck!

You're welcome. You can rest assured your 'prize' sounds good enough for me. As I said, my brand of humor is a bit peculiar, so it's no surprise you didn't quite get it. Most of the upper part of my post was a joke, hence the long blank space. But then again, I suppose that's to be expected since we've never interacted before. Once time allows, I will get back with my small contribution.

Thank you guys! More people should take part in this competition LOL

Most welcome, it was well deserved : ) I completely agree with you. It would be nice if more people would jump in also. But let's wait and see, after all, there is plenty of time left till the end of next week......

Last edited:
You're welcome. You can rest assured your 'prize' sounds good enough for me. As I said, my brand of humor is a bit peculiar, so it's no surprise you didn't quite get it. Most of the upper part of my post was a joke, hence the long blank space. But then again, I suppose that's to be expected since we've never interacted before. Once time allows, I will get back with my small contribution.

Most welcome, it was well deserved : ) I completely agree with you. It would be nice if more people would jump in also. But let's wait and see, after all, there is plenty of time left till the end of next week......

I got the joke, I just enjoy taking the punch out of people's jokes by taking them literally or twisting them. I'm sick, I know. I've read some of your posts around the forum, I look forward to our future interactions.

i'm thinking of some stuff, so i'll post something soon :)

I got the joke, I just enjoy taking the punch out of people's jokes by taking them literally or twisting them. I'm sick, I know. I've read some of your posts around the forum, I look forward to our future interactions.

And here I was thinking I'm the only one with the dubious sense of humor, finding a special, twisted kind of excitement in using people's words against them. I may have just met my match. *hats off to ya, mister* ^_^

i'm thinking of some stuff, so i'll post something soon :)

You do that, Seldervi. I'm also thinking about some things, new and old ideas. Not sure how amazing they'll be, if at all, but I'll give it a try.

Oh, and Xeones, you know what? I think you just managed to make me doubt just about any word you put out there, having been duly warned of your mischievous ways. You may be ornery, but at least it's a relief to find out that you aren't daft, if you can actually get jokes and even turn the tables on people. :kickass:

And here I was thinking I'm the only one with the dubious sense of humor, finding a special, twisted kind of excitement in using people's words against them. I may have just met my match. *hats off to ya, mister* ^_^

You do that, Seldervi. I'm also thinking about some things, new and old ideas. Not sure how amazing they'll be, if at all, but I'll give it a try.

Oh, and Xeones, you know what? I think you just managed to make me doubt just about any word you put out there, having been duly warned of your mischievous ways. You may be ornery, but at least it's a relief to find out that you aren't daft, if you can actually get jokes and even turn the tables on people. :kickass:

I like you! I think we'll get on well.

While we await Seldervi's offering, I figured I would write down the brand, new idea that struck me yesterday evening. Initially, I believed it had to be a project focused on Michael's solo adult career. But since Xeones didn't specify it, I took the liberty to go into a completely different direction. So here is my little (sub)mission..............for tonight.

Album name: the Jacksons (Re)-UNITED - meaning ALL of the brothers, including Jermaine

Concept behind the album: Michael & bros re-record some of their back catalog, including their biggest hits, but also a few of the more obscure songs PLUS a surprise, completely new tune

Years recorded: let's say 2007-2009, but when it comes to Michael, time was a most relative question. In any case, it would have been well after Michael’s trial; that sweet man needed his breathing space after that ordeal.

Motivations for the album:
- Michael’s gesture of gratitude first and foremost towards his family for standing by his side in his darkest hour
- reintroducing to the world the vast array of talent in the family
- a good will gesture to the former labels for their formative role and the good memories, by providing them with some additional sales.

Target audience:
- mostly J5/Jacksons fans that saw them grow up and grooved to their tunes and TV shows, but also folks like me who discovered so many of their songs decades after they recorded them.

Tracklist:
Can you feel it
Reach out, I’ll be there
We can change the world
Dancing machine
I want you back
Bridge over troubled water
The love you save
One more chance (J5 tune)
I wanna be where you are (Michael solo tune, re-recorded as an adult)
Be not always
Forever came today
Destiny
I’ll be there
The eternal light
Someday at Christmas
SURPRISE TUNE (unknown title) – preferably some funky, uptempo number or a mid-tempo one
2300 Jackson street – including ALL of the singing talent in the family, all generations (3T and everyone else)

Songs that get left out:
ABC
Never can say goodbye
One more chance (Jacksons tune)
This place hotel
Who’s loving you
Blame it on the boogie

Live performance – ONE special concert at a big location in the US or maybe even in Gary itself, to make it an absolute homecoming, preferably sometime during spring or summer, to have the best possible weather.

Why only one concert and not a new tour? Well, we all know how much Michael ‘loved’ to tour. Therefore, I believe it is completely unrealistic and unfair on the part of anyone and I reaaally mean everyone (from music labels and business partners, to his siblings and his fans) to expect him to do dozens upon dozens of shows. I am convinced he could have shown his gratitude to the family, make the fans rejoice and the naysayers shut up with just a few, brilliant performances.

The concert would be the perfect opportunity for the world premiere of the new song and so provide the maximum possible exposure to the album. The concert would end with a huge choir of the ENTIRE family coming together on stage. Special guests would also include Berry Gordy, Gladys Knight, Diana Ross, Suzanne de Passe. The album would be released the week after the concert.

Allowing a few months for editing and production, preferably around the winter holidays, a DVD of the concert would be released with the double aim of maximizing the sales and provide the visual experience to those who could not attend the concert in person.

In between those moments, a couple of vids could be made – one for Be not always, which would not feature any of the brothers, just powerful visuals reflecting the lyrics(á la MITM, HTW and Cry) and one for the new song, a video in which all of the brothers would appear. Needless to say that it would have a generous budget, state of the art visual effects and a storyline.

Hurdles to overcome:
- sorting out potential copyright and distribution issues with Motown and Epic. Something tells me that harmonizing the agenda of so many busy, globe-trotting people wouldn’t be a problem :D

Xeones;4275885 said:
I like you! I think we'll get on well.

Stick around long enough and I may be end up liking you also. If not, I can always go like this------->:girl_tantrum:

Last edited:
Girl;4275936 said:
While we await Seldervi's offering, I figured I would write down the brand, new idea that struck me yesterday evening. Initially, I believed it had to be a project focused on Michael's solo adult career. But since Xeones didn't specify it, I took the liberty to go into a completely different direction. So here is my little (sub)mission..............for tonight.

Album name: the Jacksons (Re)-UNITED - meaning ALL of the brothers, including Jermaine

Concept behind the album: Michael & bros re-record some of their back catalog, including their biggest hits, but also a few of the more obscure songs PLUS a surprise, completely new tune

Years recorded: let's say 2007-2009, but when it comes to Michael, time was a most relative question. In any case, it would have been well after Michael’s trial; that sweet man needed his breathing space after that ordeal.

Motivations for the album:
- Michael’s gesture of gratitude first and foremost towards his family for standing by his side in his darkest hour
- reintroducing to the world the vast array of talent in the family
- a good will gesture to the former labels for their formative role and the good memories, by providing them with some additional sales.

Target audience:
- mostly J5/Jacksons fans that saw them grow up and grooved to their tunes and TV shows, but also folks like me who discovered so many of their songs decades after they recorded them.

Tracklist:
Can you feel it
Reach out, I’ll be there
We can change the world
Dancing machine
I want you back
Bridge over troubled water
The love you save
One more chance (J5 tune)
I wanna be where you are (Michael solo tune, re-recorded as an adult)
Be not always
Forever came today
Destiny
I’ll be there
The eternal light
Someday at Christmas
SURPRISE TUNE (unknown title) – preferably some funky, uptempo number or a mid-tempo one
2300 Jackson street – including ALL of the singing talent in the family, all generations (3T and everyone else)

Songs that get left out:
ABC
Never can say goodbye
One more chance (Jacksons tune)
This place hotel
Who’s loving you
Blame it on the boogie

Live performance – ONE special concert at a big location in the US or maybe even in Gary itself, to make it an absolute homecoming, preferably sometime during spring or summer, to have the best possible weather.

Why only one concert and not a new tour? Well, we all know how much Michael ‘loved’ to tour. Therefore, I believe it is completely unrealistic and unfair on the part of anyone and I reaaally mean everyone (from music labels and business partners, to his siblings and his fans) to expect him to do dozens upon dozens of shows. I am convinced he could have shown his gratitude to the family, make the fans rejoice and the naysayers shut up with just a few, brilliant performances.

The concert would be the perfect opportunity for the world premiere of the new song and so provide the maximum possible exposure to the album. The concert would end with a huge choir of the ENTIRE family coming together on stage. Special guests would also include Berry Gordy, Gladys Knight, Diana Ross, Suzanne de Passe. The album would be released the week after the concert.

Allowing a few months for editing and production, preferably around the winter holidays, a DVD of the concert would be released with the double aim of maximizing the sales and provide the visual experience to those who could not attend the concert in person.

In between those moments, a couple of vids could be made – one for Be not always, which would not feature any of the brothers, just powerful visuals reflecting the lyrics(á la MITM, HTW and Cry) and one for the new song, a video in which all of the brothers would appear. Needless to say that it would have a generous budget, state of the art visual effects and a storyline.

Hurdles to overcome:
- sorting out potential copyright and distribution issues with Motown and Epic. Something tells me that harmonizing the agenda of so many busy, globe-trotting people wouldn’t be a problem :D

Stick around long enough and I may be end up liking you also. If not, I can always go like this------->:girl_tantrum:

This is beautiful... Such a good and detailed submission... You covered all of the criteria, and then some!

Back