Thread: What I'd Do With Invincible.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default What I'd Do With Invincible.

Alright... I've seen some people talking about what they would do with Invincible. So, I thought I'd make a little post- I couldn't be bothered with an overly detailed one. Let's say Michael has creative control over the album. Complete control, as he should have. We all know that would instantly make for a better end product. He is able to oversee more of the marketing, and the songs would come out better. I'd have it as a double album. Two CDs. CD 1 is all of the ballads and softer songs. I would add Fall Again and Beautiful Girl to that CD, because we all know I love those songs. CD 2 is all of the 'rough' and 'angry' songs. To that, I would add... Xscape, Shout and Blue Gangsta. I don't want to cut any songs because people get mad when you do that. I would have a limited edition black cover. 10,000 printed. The lead singles, I'm not sure. Maybe Butterflies, Invincible and Heaven Can Wait. Butterflies and Break of Dawn get short films made for them as well as You Rock My World. Threatened receives a short film in 2003, because why not?

[IMG]imgonline-com-ua-Negative-2bARivGkvkx9Tt.jpg[/IMG]

I don't know if the picture works.

Yes, I know my additions would make for a much longer album, but I don't care. Realism is thrown out of the window right now! Invincible had the potential to be expanded into something like this, and I'm having fun writing this post! In terms of live performances to support the album, I would have a small concert residency at MSG instead of the Anniversary Concerts. No tour, because I wouldn't put him through that. Not even in my little fantasy. Ten shows in the residency. There would be a surprise eleventh show, a reunion with his brothers.

So, I think what I've done could've boosted sales to 15-20 million. I think, really, the proper marketing alone could have done that. Have fun with this, either enjoy it or tear me to shreds!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xeones For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: What I'd Do With Invincible.

All these people making fanfiction about Invincible...instead of just sitting down and giving it a chance.

Oh well, their loss, I guess. I'm blasting the album every single day while driving to work. No other sound on this planet really compares to what Invincible gives me.

edit
    What I'd do with Invincible
    I don't know. Have you tried listening to it?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilkySnare For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySnare View Post
    All these people making fanfiction about Invincible...instead of just sitting down and giving it a chance.

Oh well, their loss, I guess. I'm blasting the album every single day while driving to work. No other sound on this planet really compares to what Invincible gives me.

edit

It's my favourite album... I was just having fun with it. Show me where I called it a bad album or whatever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xeones For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Oh, sorry, looks like I've misread it.

It's just that so many people come up with ideas on how to improve Invincible, it's getting tiring

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SilkySnare For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

It's just that so many people come up with ideas on how to improve Invincible, it's getting tiring
    It's okay! I wasn't even suggesting improvements, just making it a double-album as Mike wanted, lol! Making fantasy albums/tours is my favourite thing, that's all!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Xeones For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

It definitely needs improving in my opinion.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,497 Times in 2,660 Posts

Invincible just never felt like a fully fledged Michael Jackson album to me. There are songs that have the classic MJ sound to them like Threatened, You Rock My World and Unbreakable. But then there are songs that don't ''feel'' like MJ songs to me like Heaven Can Wait, Break Of Dawn and Butterflies. Those songs sound like they could have been sung by anyone

13. The Following User Says Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    Invincible just never felt like a fully fledged Michael Jackson album to me. There are songs that have the classic MJ sound to them like Threatened, You Rock My World and Unbreakable. But then there are songs that don't ''feel'' like MJ songs to me like Heaven Can Wait, Break Of Dawn and Butterflies. Those songs sound like they could have been sung by anyone
    I agree in a way- Butterflies wasn't written by Mike, though. So, yes, anyone could sing those ballads in theory. But, the question is, could anyone else execute them in that way? Blame $ony for forcing his hand in the "modern" direction and not letting his creativity flow.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I agree in a way- Butterflies wasn't written by Mike, though. So, yes, anyone could sing those ballads in theory. But, the question is, could anyone else execute them in that way? Blame $ony for forcing his hand in the "modern" direction and not letting his creativity flow.

I can't believe you guys are saying that those three marvels don't feel like Mike. You mean to tell that just because Michael didn't write MITM, he didn't make that song his own? No wait, you gonna say those three tunes are nowhere near the caliber of MITM. I beg to differ; in my book, they are absolute masterpieces. In any case, Xeones is quite right - it's all about delivery, no one else, but Michael could do it in that way.

To me, it doesn't matter who wrote the songs and I don't even care if it was Sony who forced Michael to record that type of songs. Goodness, I'm even thankful in a way if they are the ones to 'blame' for it, because I simply can't imagine Invincible or Michael's repertoire without them, being the silly, little helpless romantic that I am. I can however understand that not everyone was into neo-soul like I was back in 2001, so I can see why some would not relate to those songs or relate them to Michael himself.

And btw of Vince, back in late October, on Michael's official twitter account there was a post about the album being all grown up, turning 18. In the comments, I found a really good review, but I can't be bothered right now to go and look for it.

Xeones, I actually like your idea about turning it into a double album; leaving stuff out would unavoidably upset some people. And just as I can't conceive how anyone could delete those three songs, I also know that are others that love DWA. So your idea to supplement the album was good. It also is my favorite one, we definitely agree there. It was also good of you to separate the songs into rhythm/themes. Actually that touches up one of my own ideas, but that's for another thread

It is nice to sit here and fantasize about alternative avenues, but at the end of the day what mattered most were Michael's choices. I guess I'm contracting myself given my earlier lines, but I do believe he needed absolute creative freedom and only marketing support from a label. He should have been free to sing and write about whatever he felt like and not even our own tastes, wishes and priorities matter in that scheme. He wasn't our singing and dancing puppet.

But he did tell Geraldo that he liked to work hard on something, sweat over it and prayed that the people like it, because he liked people and he liked making them happy. I guess those prayers were answered, because most of what he expressed artistically resonated with so many of us, all around the world, over all the decades.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,497 Times in 2,660 Posts

Man In The Mirror wasn't written by Michael either. But can you imagine anyone else singing that?

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,313 Times in 961 Posts

I get you and I completely agree. Not because we are MJ fans we have to say that every song sounds like a hit... we can be objective too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulkamaniac For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Man In The Mirror wasn't written by Michael either. But can you imagine anyone else singing that?
    ...That was my point. Why do people think I mean anything else?

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
    I get you and I completely agree. Not because we are MJ fans we have to say that every song sounds like a hit... we can be objective too.
    Right because I hate "Beautiful Girl" with a passion!

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 923 Posts

edit

LOL........some of you are so salty with each other on here.

I think positive day-dreaming about what we'd like to see with an album (if reality was suspended) is okay.

I enjoyed reading Xeones' ideas and I think some of them are good ones. "What-ifs" are fun to think about.

Lord knows, there's precious little else to think about/talk about these days, right?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 923 Posts

It's okay! I wasn't even suggesting improvements, just making it a double-album as Mike wanted, lol! Making fantasy albums/tours is my favourite thing, that's all!
    I approve of your favourite thing.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post: