deleted

I have no doubt there are many more we have not discovered, have yet to discover, and will never discover.

any sources for some of these?

"Can't Get Out of The Game" is the 2nd part of "You Can't Win"

"Bad Company" if I recall is a Tito song (from an old article from pre-Victory, i think around May-June), Michael may have made a version though

Long list, but some of these songs are already released (like Xscape and Al Capone).

How on earth does the estate claim its not that many & they chose over all these titles for xscape....smh no way

How on earth does the estate claim its not that many & they chose over all these titles for xscape....smh no way

Yes way. Brad Sundberg, Matt Forger, Michael Prince, etc. have stated that most of these are just working titles for what are essentially "song snippets". Instrumental, with sometimes just one line or two, of lyrics.....many with no lyrics at all and definitely no vocals.

Also, that list is really stretching it....lol. There are quite a few finished songs there, that have already been released on special editions and collections, such as: On the Line, We've Had Enough, Sunset Driver, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Scared of the Moon, You Can't Win, Monkey Business, Ease on Down the Road....to name a few. They're not likely to be considered as "unreleased" or in need of any further treatment from producers.

Starlight is the song that became Thriller. Jane is a Groupie is literally just that one line being sung over and over and over.

Mind is the Magic is the song that was created for Siegfried and Roy's magic show in Las Vegas. I can't see that being used for anything other than its original purpose and it is already kind of released and out there. Also I'm fairly sure its the intro from this song which was used in TII for the dance break and segway into TDCAU....if not, it's very similar.

Seldervi pointed out a couple of others that shouldn't be on the list, such as a song that is Tito Jackson's and "Can't Get Out of the Game", which is the ad lib/break down part at the end of "You Can't Win" and not a song in its own right.

There Must Be More to Life than This is with Freddie Mercury.

Do You Love Me and Do You Want Me are likely to be the same song snippet. Someone Put Your Hand Out is listed twice and already released anyway.

Many others on the list have been completed by producers and released posthumously, as we know.

I think most people when considering all of this will begin to see that there is not a lot left to work with. At least not of the Michael Jackson standard that fans expect.

I mean "Lucy is in Love with Linus"....really?? "Tragedy of a Cheerleader"???......nope.

Yes way. Brad Sundberg, Matt Forger, Michael Prince, etc. have stated that most of these are just working titles for what are essentially "song snippets". Instrumental, with sometimes just one line or two, of lyrics.....many with no lyrics at all and definitely no vocals.

Also, that list is really stretching it....lol. There are quite a few finished songs there, that have already been released on special editions and collections, such as: On the Line, We've Had Enough, Sunset Driver, Someone Put Your Hand Out, Scared of the Moon, You Can't Win, Monkey Business, Ease on Down the Road....to name a few. They're not likely to be considered as "unreleased" or in need of any further treatment from producers.

Starlight is the song that became Thriller. Jane is a Groupie is literally just that one line being sung over and over and over.

Mind is the Magic is the song that was created for Siegfried and Roy's magic show in Las Vegas. I can't see that being used for anything other than its original purpose and it is already kind of released and out there. Also I'm fairly sure its the intro from this song which was used in TII for the dance break and segway into TDCAU....if not, it's very similar.

Seldervi pointed out a couple of others that shouldn't be on the list, such as a song that is Tito Jackson's and "Can't Get Out of the Game", which is the ad lib/break down part at the end of "You Can't Win" and not a song in its own right.

There Must Be More to Life than This is with Freddie Mercury

Do You Love Me and Do You Want Me are likely to be the same song snippet. Someone Put Your Hand Out is listed twice and already released anyway.

Many others on the list have been completed by producers and released posthumously, as we know. I think most people when considering all of this will begin to see that there is not a lot left to work with. At least not of the Michael Jackson standard that fans expect. I mean "Lucy is in Love with Linus"....really?? "Tragedy of a Cheerleader"???......nope.

I wonder if Michael's perfectionism held him back sometimes. Especially when it came to recording songs. Many of those songs that are half finished, if fully recorded would be terrific songs.

Last edited:

There Must Be More to Life than This is with Freddie Mercury

Many others on the list have been completed by producers and released posthumously, as we know. I think most people when considering all of this will begin to see that there is not a lot left to work with. At least not of the Michael Jackson standard that fans expect. I mean "Lucy is in Love with Linus"....really?? "Tragedy of a Cheerleader"???......nope.

Actually, i'm working with the subreddit to produce a reliable list of unreleased song (with sources), should be out early next year at the best, couple hundred of songs

Mind is the Magic is the song that was created for Siegfried and Roy's magic show in Las Vegas. I can't see that being used for anything other than its original purpose and it is already kind of released and out there.
Yeah, you can buy/download it from Amazon.

are we going to hear any in future posthumous albums?

Only time will tell. Judging by the general fan reaction to posthumous projects and to producers finishing Michael's unfinished songs....I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is "no".

Just saw "All in Your Name" on the list (missed it before) - obviously that one is not unreleased.

Lucy is one of my most anticipated songs to hear from him besides joy

Small correction: "Serious Effect" is with LL Cool J!

Thank you! I don't wanna be running around saying the wrong thing! I have edited it out of my post now.

I think I mixed "Serious Effect" up with "State of Shock". Shame on me. Lol

There Must Be More to Life than This is with Freddie Mercury.

Many others on the list have been completed by producers and released posthumously, as we know.

I think most people when considering all of this will begin to see that there is not a lot left to work with. At least not of the Michael Jackson standard that fans expect.

I mean "Lucy is in Love with Linus"....really?? "Tragedy of a Cheerleader"???......nope.
John Barnes has said there are quite a few songs that lyrics and music wise, ARE finished. Not polished to the standards that Michael was known to but all the elements are there and could be released. He said songs like Buffalo Bill just needs some minor fixing up and could be released.

The 1983-1986 sessions he did with Barnes, Bill Bottrell and that small team that worked on a lot of material away from Quincy, Bruce Swedien, Sundberg and others are intriguing. Everything I've heard from that period has been great imo. According to Barnes, there's quite a few tracks that could be released. Just a matter of what the estate decides to do with them

There's some songs he worked with James Whitney during the 1977-1979 period we'll probably never hear:

Goodness Knows
Disco Kids
Sweet Music

Holiday Inn (Destiny era outtake) (1978)
Give Her What She Wants (Goin' Places era outtake)
That Girl (Destiny era outtake)
You Not Me (later retooled as This Had To Be for The Brothers Johnson)
Just Feel It (Victory era outtake)
Make A Wish
I've Got Her Number
Turning Me Off
Homeless Bound
Don't Believe It
Bombay Nights (HIStory Era)
You Cry (HIStory Era)
Evil Eye (HIStory Era)
Revenge (HIStory Era)
The Best Thing (HIStory Era)
The Pain

John Barnes has said there are quite a few songs that lyrics and music wise, ARE finished. Not polished to the standards that Michael was known to but all the elements are there and could be released. He said songs like Buffalo Bill just needs some minor fixing up and could be released.

The 1983-1986 sessions he did with Barnes, Bill Bottrell and that small team that worked on a lot of material away from Quincy, Bruce Swedien, Sundberg and others are intriguing. Everything I've heard from that period has been great imo. According to Barnes, there's quite a few tracks that could be released. Just a matter of what the estate decides to do with them

I'd definitely take John Barnes word for it. Michael already said in 83 that he thought Buffalo Bill was a hit, I think the reason why he didn't release it was because he wanted to limit his involvement with the Victory album in general. Liberian Girl was written around that same time and he held onto it until Bad sessions were in full swing. Liberian Girl was reworked but I think that Buffalo Bill's sound probably wouldn't have fit with the rest of the songs on the album. But I would love to hear it, because from I think I remember, he said that it was up-tempo.

Back