The Decade of the Michael Jackson Estate? An in depth discussion about victories and losses.

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
As we are getting close to the end of a decade I wanted to take an in-depth look into the estate and what they have a accomplished under these ten years. It has a been quite a wild ride. I want us to have a real discussion about this. Let’s get this discussion going!

Best release from the Estate since 2009?

Starting from 2009 we have had concert films, posthumous albums, album anniversary re releases, documentaries, video games and more. What do you think about those releases? Are you particularly unhappy with some of them? (lol...) or maybe all of them? which ones are the best and how would you rank them?

Have they done a good job preserving and protecting Michaels legacy?

The brand and Michael as a person has come under attack many times during the last ten years. From lawsuits, to accusations to controversial documentaries to slander against his musicality. Do you think the estate has done a good job protecting the brand and more importantly, do you think they have done a good job protecting Michael the person?

What should they have done differently?

This ones speaks for itself. Express your dissatisfaction with the estate and give me your reasoning why? It can be from the way they packaged their project or the way they market them etc. Do you think the Estate made the right choice when they sold the Beatles catalogue?Should they have released more stand alone singles without an accompanying album?

What do you wish too see in the future?

How is your attitude towards the estate today? Moving on to a new decade what do you want to see from the estate?

Last edited:
My review of each project released posthumously by the Estate in this decade.

- Michael: An album which feels like a Michael Jackson album in terms of sound. Majority of the new songs are really good. But the three fake songs really let the album down and really affected the commercial success of the album. I can’t believe the Estate released those songs.
Rating: 5/10.

- Immortal/MJ One: I really like these two Cirqui Du Soleil projects. There are a great way of keeping MJ’s legacy alive.
Rating: 7.5/10

- Bad 25: A solid posthumous album. Everything Thriller 25 should have been. Original album, unreleased songs, concert (albeit not the best quality) and a good documentary. The only negative is the appalling remixes. Instead of crappy remixes, I wish they had released demo versions or different takes of original Bad songs instead.
Rating: 8/10.

- Xscape: I’ll be honest. I hardly ever listen to Xscape. It’s not an album that has aged well for me, but it is still a good album. It’s got both the original versions and the reworked versions. Something to keep everyone happy. Overall, it is probably Estate’s best release of the decade.
Rating: 8.5/10.

- Off The Wall 37th anniversary: Awful, just awful. An underwhelming documentary, no new songs and a bloody chalk. And who exactly celebrates 37th anniversary of anything?
Rating: 1/10.

- MJ Halloween: While the idea was good, the execution wasn’t. I think the cartoon was decent but nothing special and the accompanying album ‘Scream’ was just a Spotify playlist. It was an ultimate cash grab which failed miserably.
Rating: 3/10.

- This Is It 10th anniversary box set: The Estate took the p*** with this one. That’s all I have got to say.
Rating: 0/10.

Overall, I think the Estate done an alright job this decade with the releases. But they should done more to dispel the allegations. I can’t believe that there still isn’t a documentary or a movie made by the Estate about Michael’s innocence. That should have been their number 1 priority this decade and after Leaving Neverland, it definitely should be their number 1 priority for the 20s decade.

Last edited:
Nite Line;4276311 said:
- Bad 25: A solid posthumous album. Everything Thriller 25 should have been. Original album. Unreleased songs, concert (albeit not the best quality) and a good documentary. The only negative is the appalling remixes. Instead of crappy remixes, I wish they had released demo version or different takes of original Bad songs instead.
I agree with that.

And, you know what?

Bad 25 Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MAY 21, 2012

25th ANNIVERSARY OF MICHAEL JACKSON’S LANDMARK ALBUM BAD CELEBRATED WITH SEPTEMBER 18 RELEASE OF NEW BAD 25 PACKAGES

MICHAEL’S PERSONAL VHS COPY OF HIS JULY 16, 1988 PERFORMANCE AT WEMBLEY STADIUM UNEARTHED FOR THE RELEASE

NEWLY DISCOVERED OUTTAKES AND DEMOS FROM BAD ALBUM RECORDING SESSIONS TO BE RELEASED

New York, NY
– Twenty-five years after the phrase “Who’s Bad” became a generation’s cultural catchphrase, Epic/Legacy Recordings, in collaboration with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will celebrate the legendary album and record breaking BAD tour on September 18, 2012 with the release of a deluxe package, BAD 25, which includes three CDs, two collectible booklets, and features the first ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD tour.

“The era of BAD represented Michael’s creative ‘coming of age’ as a solo artist in charge of every aspect of his career – from recording to touring to endorsements to merchandising. This was the first album on which nearly all of the songs were written by Michael. It was also was the first album in history to produce five consecutive #1 singles and it took 2 ½ decades for another artist to match that success. It was also the first time Michael would tour as a solo artist - his vision, his decisions on what the show would be. The enormous success of the BAD album and tour was a pivotal moment in Michael’s growth as a composer, performer and producer cementing his role as the King of Pop. We are thrilled to celebrate such an historic era in Michael’s career with this release”, stated John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson.

The BAD 25 anniversary deluxe edition will feature three CDs and 1 DVD as follows:

The highlight of the package is the DVD of Michael’s legendary July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium. The concert is not a compilation of performances, but rather one complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night’s sold out show. This show was one of the record-breaking seven nights played at the venue attended by more than half a million people – three times that many people tried to purchase tickets. The DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio quality enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night
  • A CD of the re-mastered original BAD album
  • A CD containing previously unreleased material recorded in Michael’s personal studio at Hayvenhurst. This material includes early demo versions of songs from the album as well as demos for songs not included on the final album. All of this material is being released as it was recorded during the BAD sessions. Nothing has been added. In addition, this CD will also include new remixes from internationally renowned DJ/producers
  • A CD showcasing the audio from the sound truck recordings of the July 16th Wembley performance. The first-ever live Michael Jackson CD to be released, this is the only concert from the BAD Tour known to exist on multitracks

This magnificent 3 CD/1 DVD box set will also include two extensive booklets with yet unseen photos from the recording sessions, video sets and the concert tour, the original BAD cover art, a two-sided poster and more. A BAD 25 two CD standard edition featuring the original album plus the CD of demos and new remixes will also be made available as will a stand alone edition of the DVD and a picture disc of the original album.

[...]

Nite Line;4276311 said:
My review of each project released posthumously by the Estate in this decade.

- Michael: An album which feels like a Michael Jackson album in terms of sound. Majority of the new songs are really good. But the three fake songs really let the album down and really affected the commercial success of the album. I can’t believe the Estate released those songs.
Rating: 5/10.

- Immortal/MJ One: I really like these two Cirqui Du Soleil projects. There are a great way of keeping MJ’s legacy alive.
Rating: 7.5/10

- Bad 25: A solid posthumous album. Everything Thriller 25 should have been. Original album. Unreleased songs, concert (albeit not the best quality) and a good documentary. The only negative is the appalling remixes. Instead of crappy remixes, I wish they had released demo version or different takes of original Bad songs instead.

- Xscape: I’ll be honest. I hardly ever listen to Xscape. It’s not an album that has aged well for me, but it is still a good album. It’s got both the original versions and the reworked versions. Something to keep everyone happy. Overall, it is probably Estate’s best release of the decade.
Rating: 8.5/10.

- Off The Wall 37th anniversary: Awful, just awful. An underwhelming documentary, no new songs and a bloody chalk. And who exactly celebrates 37th anniversary of anything?

- MJ Halloween: While the idea was good, the execution wasn’t. I think the cartoon was decent but nothing special and the accompanying album ‘Scream’ was just a Spotify playlist. It was an ultimate cash grab which failed miserably.
Rating: 3/10.

- This Is It 10th anniversary box set: The Estate took the p*** with this one. That’s all I have got to say.

Overall, I think the Estate done an alright job this decade with the releases. But they should done more to dispel the allegations. I can’t believe that there still isn’t a documentary or a movie made by the Estate about Michael’s innocence. That should have been their number 1 priority this decade and after Leaving Neverland, it definitely should be their number 1 priority for the 20s decade.

This is a great assessment! Thank you for taking your time to write that out. Regarding the estate overall i agree with you. They have been lacking in that department when it comes to defending him and I really hope they change that in the future.

I agree with that.

And, you know what?

To me, the best project the estate released was Bad25. If we overlook the quality of the concert this was a perfect release. From the the original cd to the unreleased songs to the boxset to the live cd to the documentary. 9/10

Bad 25 was the best project. The overall package was great. If they are planning more reissue releases then they should definitely follow this blueprint because it worked.

Followed closely by Xscape- Giving us original & reworked songs satisfied the fans and Love Never Felt So Good was a global hit.

Future wise: Hearing more unreleased music from the vaults and seeing higher quality concert footage/music videos would be great. The focus needs to be put back on the music.

BAD 25 was the best product released by the estate, but it wasn't perfect.

-Remixes weren't needed, but if they were gonna give us any at least give us some good ones.
-Audio of the Wembley release could've been mixed better, especially the 5.1 audio, some weird things here than there (mostly to do with Michael's vocals during Lip-Sync sections)
-Video quality is awful, of course, but I believe that the "restoration" is worse than the original tape
-on god i'm just really sad & angry this is the only full 2nd leg video we have, the 15th show (which I assume they also have multis for since they did TWYMMF as an extra) probably would've been way better

Bad 25 was the best but they still screwed it up.

The documentary should have been in the box.

The documentary should have aired in time for the UK release.

A song other than the least finished one should have been sent to radio.

The video-quality of the concert.

Despite ALL of that, it's the best attempt at a release worthy of Michael.

Bad 25 was the best but they still screwed it up.

The documentary should have been in the box.

The documentary should have aired in time for the UK release.

A song other than the least finished one should have been sent to radio.

The video-quality of the concert.

Despite ALL of that, it's the best attempt at a release worthy of Michael.

I will never understand the thought process that goes into putting out Don't be messing round as a radio single.

Best release:

Bad 25 and the Wembley DVD.

What do you wish too see in the future?:

More concert releases and the short films on Blu-Ray.

You guys are all forgetting by far the two most successful projects of the estate:

-THIS IS IT
-Soundtrack went #1 in over a dozen countries including the US. Sold 5 million copies worldwide which is incredible.
-The movie also went #1 all over the world including in the US. Grossed $260 MILLION making it the highest grossing concert movie of all time. A record that still stands
-This Is It DVD home release sold 12.3 MILLION copies worldwide in January 2010 when it was released making it the #1 selling music video ever

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

-The touring show MJ Immortal grossed $371 MILLION dollars, placing it in the Top 10 biggest tours ever. And the lead man was dead. Incredible
-The Vegas show MJ ONE remains a top grossing production in Vegas at the Mandalay Bay, has been going strong for 7 years now.

To me these are the big wins in the past decade. The Michael album was good but tainted by the 3 fake songs, the Xscape album had some hype but the material wasn't that great with the exception of the commercial success of Love Never Felt So Good.

Bad 25 was good from a fans point of view, barely made a dent in the public realm though.
--

Going forward the estate needs to focus on HQ re-releases of MJ's music videos. Do what you can, Blu-Ray quality, 4K quality. Work the very best with the technology of our day and make these things kick ass. There's also the broadway and bio-pic coming in the next few years, both of which will be very interesting to watch.

You guys are all forgetting by far the two most successful projects of the estate:

-THIS IS IT
-Soundtrack went #1 in over a dozen countries including the US. Sold 5 million copies worldwide which is incredible.
-The movie also went #1 all over the world including in the US. Grossed $260 MILLION making it the highest grossing concert movie of all time. A record that still stands
-This Is It DVD home release sold 12.3 MILLION copies worldwide in January 2010 when it was released making it the #1 selling music video ever

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

-The touring show MJ Immortal grossed $371 MILLION dollars, placing it in the Top 10 biggest tours ever. And the lead man was dead. Incredible
-The Vegas show MJ ONE remains a top grossing production in Vegas at the Mandalay Bay, has been going strong for 7 years now.

To me these are the big wins in the past decade. The Michael album was good but tainted by the 3 fake songs, the Xscape album had some hype but the material wasn't that great with the exception of the commercial success of Love Never Felt So Good.

Bad 25 was good from a fans point of view, barely made a dent in the public realm though.
--

Going forward the estate needs to focus on HQ re-releases of MJ's music videos. Do what you can, Blu-Ray quality, 4K quality. Work the very best with the technology of our day and make these things kick ass. There's also the broadway and bio-pic coming in the next few years, both of which will be very interesting to watch.

Well technically This Is It is from the previous decade, as it was released in late 2009, which is why no one mentioned it.

And I did mention Cirque Du Soleil in my post.

^ This Is It DVD was released in 2010 so it still counts. And I thought this was a 2009-2019 thing... a retrospective look at the time since MJ died.

And anyone who has seen MJ ONE in Vegas should give it a 10/10, the show is incredible.

- This Is It : Initially this film was almost sacred to me and it felt like how it was marketed, a parting gift from Michael. Looking back it's still one of my favourite films I've seen at the cinema (apart from James Bond). But now that I watch it on the DVD at home 10 years on, I can't help but watch with a heavy heart because it just doesn't sit well with me that I see my hero disintegrating before my eyes, and is fascinating as it may be to watch, it just troubles me knowing how much they edited to make Mike seem healthy.
Initial rating : 9/10
Rating Now : 5/10 It would be a 4 out of 10 if it wasn't for Human Nature (that was a moment of sheer joy and magic to see that Mike still had it)

- Michael : Not even going to comment on those 3 tracks but it marks the album down greatly. The 7 tracks that are authentic are made with love, care and respect for Michael's vision as an artist so I give the Estate and the collaborators credit for that. Highlights for me, Hollywood Tonight, Best Of Joy, Behind The Mask. It was special they gave us Best Of Joy, with the significance it holds, I just wished they would have released it as a single.
Rating: 4/10 (this would get a 3 if it were not for Best Of Joy)

- Immortal/MJ One: Credit to Cirqui Du Soleil on their projects, they really try to honour Michael's rich legacy and reward the fans with something new, although the soundtrack while varied was a bit forgettable. I'm told the two shows are great though
Rating: 7/10

- Bad 25: My favourite project since Michael's passing. On the whole, the Estate tried really hard to get the fans back onside with this project, it's not without flaws but I appreciate the effort. The unreleased tracks are some of favourite demo's we have, Price Of Fame especially (should have been the single) if I'm really critical I wish they would have included Cheater and some demo's from the album itself, like Pyramid Girl or Hot Fever instead of those remixes but I can live with it.
The concert CD, is great again it has it's flaws as for the way it's edited but I appreciated that they tried to give us something more and something we wanted.
The concert DVD, the picture quality was disappointing, (I believe that was all they had but still disappointing) but the show was magnificent, Mike was at his very best here and had it been in HQ or even better it would have only been the cherry on top of a wonderful cake.
The Documentary, was great. The unreleased footage of Mike was superb, I just wish there was more but that's me being greedy. I do wish they would have painted a better timeline of how the album was put together but that's a minor fault.
Rating : 9.5/10

- Xscape: I can't remember the last time I listened to the album in full. It was nice the Estate listened to use and gave us the originals (which I listen to often) also it's great to actually physically own the leaked song we've had for years. It's a shame they didn't restore the demo's like they should have, the album also maybe lacked 1 more "unheard" song. I do wish they had contemporized the songs better and with more respect to Michael's vision, to just discard his original idea doesn't sit well with me still, as if they knew better or something. Also I'm not a fan of the album cover, it still looks rushed and uninspired to me now as it did the day they unveiled it. The documentary they released with this made me feel sick to my stomach, it was them sitting in a circle patting themselves on the back and talking about how openly they disregarded Mike's demos. The whole thing just didn't feel enough like MJ, whereas the Michael had tried to.
On the whole this to me was the last worthwhile release. It was nice to see Michael back on top again
Rating: 6.5/10.

- Off The Wall 37th anniversary: What was the point? Great they got Spike Lee back for the documentary but it was rubbish compared to Bad 25. Don't even get me started on the chalk.

- MJ Halloween: Absolutely pointless.

- This Is It 10th anniversary box set: When I got a notification on my phone about this, I was expecting very little from this project and I'm somehow still disappointed. Terrible

What I would have done differently: I wouldn't have released everything all at once like they did between 2009-2014, because since 2014 it feels like we have had a huge drought and that Michael has really gone whereas it didn't hit me as much because his presence was everywhere.
I do wish they would give us small treats on his passing or Mike's birthday because it's a difficult time for a lot of fans. Even it was just a bit of studio footage or a demo/ worktape and not necessarily a "new" song. Although it's true what they say hindsight is 20/20.

Final thoughts, I think the Estate have done the best they could with the problems they've had, but they have made mistakes. I do wish they had taken more time with certain things and tried to be more true to Michael's artist legacy at times but you can only doo so much without the man himself here to lead the way.

Also this is a great idea thanks Themidwestcowboy and sorry Nite Line I kind of stole your template, but it was amazing, thank you

- This Is It : Initially this film was almost sacred to me and it felt like how it was marketed, a parting gift from Michael. Looking back it's still one of my favourite films I've seen at the cinema (apart from James Bond). But now that I watch it on the DVD at home 10 years on, I can't help but watch with a heavy heart because it just doesn't sit well with me that I see my hero disintegrating before my eyes, and is fascinating as it may be to watch, it just troubles me knowing how much they edited to make Mike seem healthy.
Initial rating : 9/10
Rating Now : 5/10 It would be a 4 out of 10 if it wasn't for Human Nature (that was a moment of sheer joy and magic to see that Mike still had it)

- Michael : Not even going to comment on those 3 tracks but it marks the album down greatly. The 7 tracks that are authentic are made with love, care and respect for Michael's vision as an artist so I give the Estate and the collaborators credit for that. Highlights for me, Hollywood Tonight, Best Of Joy, Behind The Mask. It was special they gave us Best Of Joy, with the significance it holds, I just wished they would have released it as a single.
Rating: 4/10 (this would get a 3 if it were not for Best Of Joy)

- Immortal/MJ One: Credit to Cirqui Du Soleil on their projects, they really try to honour Michael's rich legacy and reward the fans with something new, although the soundtrack while varied was a bit forgettable. I'm told the two shows are great though
Rating: 7/10

- Bad 25: My favourite project since Michael's passing. On the whole, the Estate tried really hard to get the fans back onside with this project, it's not without flaws but I appreciate the effort. The unreleased tracks are some of favourite demo's we have, Price Of Fame especially (should have been the single) if I'm really critical I wish they would have included Cheater and some demo's from the album itself, like Pyramid Girl or Hot Fever instead of those remixes but I can live with it.
The concert CD, is great again it has it's flaws as for the way it's edited but I appreciated that they tried to give us something more and something we wanted.
The concert DVD, the picture quality was disappointing, (I believe that was all they had but still disappointing) but the show was magnificent, Mike was at his very best here and had it been in HQ or even better it would have only been the cherry on top of a wonderful cake.
The Documentary, was great. The unreleased footage of Mike was superb, I just wish there was more but that's me being greedy. I do wish they would have painted a better timeline of how the album was put together but that's a minor fault.
Rating : 9.5/10

- Xscape: I can't remember the last time I listened to the album in full. It was nice the Estate listened to use and gave us the originals (which I listen to often) also it's great to actually physically own the leaked song we've had for years. It's a shame they didn't restore the demo's like they should have, the album also maybe lacked 1 more "unheard" song. I do wish they had contemporized the songs better and with more respect to Michael's vision, to just discard his original idea doesn't sit well with me still, as if they knew better or something. Also I'm not a fan of the album cover, it still looks rushed and uninspired to me now as it did the day they unveiled it. The documentary they released with this made me feel sick to my stomach, it was them sitting in a circle patting themselves on the back and talking about how openly they disregarded Mike's demos. The whole thing just didn't feel enough like MJ, whereas the Michael had tried to.
On the whole this to me was the last worthwhile release. It was nice to see Michael back on top again
Rating: 6.5/10.

- Off The Wall 37th anniversary: What was the point? Great they got Spike Lee back for the documentary but it was rubbish compared to Bad 25. Don't even get me started on the chalk.

- MJ Halloween: Absolutely pointless.

- This Is It 10th anniversary box set: When I got a notification on my phone about this, I was expecting very little from this project and I'm somehow still disappointed. Terrible

What I would have done differently: I wouldn't have released everything all at once like they did between 2009-2014, because since 2014 it feels like we have had a huge drought and that Michael has really gone whereas it didn't hit me as much because his presence was everywhere.
I do wish they would give us small treats on his passing or Mike's birthday because it's a difficult time for a lot of fans. Even it was just a bit of studio footage or a demo/ worktape and not necessarily a "new" song. Although it's true what they say hindsight is 20/20.

Final thoughts, I think the Estate have done the best they could with the problems they've had, but they have made mistakes. I do wish they had taken more time with certain things and tried to be more true to Michael's artist legacy at times but you can only doo so much without the man himself here to lead the way.

Also this is a great idea thanks Themidwestcowboy and sorry Nite Line I kind of stole your template, but it was amazing, thank you

Man.. This was an amazing read and I really appreaciate that you took your time to write all of this.

Regarding The Michael album, it's such a tricky situation. It's so unfortunate that the 3 songs bogs it down because the other songs are so Michael and Best of Joy is my favorite posthumus song. If it weren't for the three songs this would have been my favorite posthumus release.

Themidwestcowboy;4276823 said:
Regarding The Michael album, it's such a tricky situation. It's so unfortunate that the 3 songs bogs it down because the other songs are so Michael and Best of Joy is my favorite posthumus song. If it weren't for the three songs this would have been my favorite posthumus release.

I am so thankful for Best of Joy. It’s one of my favourite 21st century song from MJ. It features one of Michael’s best vocal delivery. I was absolutely stunned when I first heard it.

Nite Line;4276879 said:
I am so thankful for Best of Joy. It’s one of my favourite 21st century song from MJ. It features one of Michael’s best vocal delivery. I was absolutely stunned when I first heard it.

I also love Much to Soon and Behind the Mask. Those two are my favourites from the album.

Nite Line;4276879 said:

It's such a gorgeous piece and it deserved a music video. To me, Best of Joy sounds just like Mikes Thriller era voice just more mature and older. I don't wanna turn this in to an Invinicible thread but the vocal delivery on Best Of Joy and Hold my hand sounds better than anything he did on Invincible vocally.

It's such a gorgeous piece and it deserved a music video. To me, Best of Joy sounds just like Mikes Thriller era voice just more mature and older. I don't wanna turn this in to an Invinicible thread but the vocal delivery on Best Of Joy and Hold my hand sounds better than anything he did on Invincible vocally.

I agree. The only song from Invincible that comes close to Hold my Hand and Best of Joy in terms of vocal delivery is Speechless and perhaps Butterflies.

I agree. The only song from Invincible that comes close to Hold my Hand and Best of Joy in terms of vocal delivery is Speechless and perhaps Butterflies.

"Hold My Hand" is sublime. Incredible. I like the video for it, too. A job very well done, by all concerned.

I will never understand the thought process that goes into putting out Don't be messing round as a radio single.

I guess in comparison to the other songs on the project, it's up-beat. I had never heard it, or heard of it before, so I definitely was open to it at the time. I played it a lot in my car, until it grew on me.

The Michael Jackson slot machine (a partnership project between the Estate and Bally, I believe) is a WINNER.
Even casual fans love playing it....it's a technological marvel in terms of sight, sound and touch.
Banks of these machines can be found in good casinos all over the world, with people lining up to use them.

The Michael Jackson slot machine (a partnership project between the Estate and Bally, I believe) is a WINNER.
Even casual fans love playing it....it's a technological marvel in terms of sight, sound and touch.
Banks of these machines can be found in good casinos all over the world, with people lining up to use them.

Yes I agree, I've seen these in many casinos and they are always full.

I played the slot machines in Vegas, and online, but didn't realise there were physical machines in Europe. Who has played one over here?

I still like TII - The footage the last two days is a testament to the fact that MJ could perform to a good standard. I don't think it was edited to make him seem healthier. Most of the footage was from The Forum which was still quite good. I believe Sony have saved the best footage from Staples for later editions. Regardless of the trial information when MJ was on stage you can tell he was having fun ( Look at Black or White - Human Nature from 23rd).At the CM trial prosecutors wanted to use all footage from 23rd/ 24 to show MJ was in good health. This by no means proves that he could have done all 50 shows though. I think it is hard for some people to reconcile the fact that he could have been in good health and spirits hours before he passed away. This could be true.

This is the first time hearing about this. Incredible

Why not "Cry"? That song actually put me in tears when I first realized it existed.

"Cry" is also a favourite song of mine, which touches me deeply. I hardly mention it any more, because I always get push back from other fans who want to point out irrelevant things, such as how Michael didn't create the video, etc.

I played the slot machines in Vegas, and online, but didn't realise there were physical machines in Europe. Who has played one over here?

I can't speak for Europe, but I've played the MJ slots in Las Vegas and in Australia. There are always people on them and gathered around watching others using them. The seats have wrap around sides, with speakers in them, so the sounds and music are played in surround sound. The seats rumble and vibrate at certain times. They perhaps use similar technology to the arena seats in the MJ One theatre, which have surround sound speakers in them.

Here's video of the slot machine in action. It is so much fun.

There's also the facility to play the Michael Jackson slot machine as an online game.

As I said, this is a bonafide partnership between Bally and the Michael Jackson Estate.

Back