A site MJ fans should not visit.

Xeones

Proud Member
Guys, I made a mistake. I mentioned Michael on the Steve Hoffman forums, in a thread where people were discussing when he "fell from grace." I defended him and began discrediting all of the tabloid answers that were being thrown my way. It's pathetic. And it's beginning to anger me, so I'm not visiting that site for a bit. People have said things like Mike wasn't a great musician, Prince was better reviewed etc... Mostly stuff about Mike's personal life, but also saying he was not a creative genius, and the only reason Thriller was good was because of the other people who worked on it. All the same crap, you can piece it together. I joined that forum expecting a good musical discussion about the best artist to ever walk the earth. And instead, I got spammed with boomers posting tabloids, because to them the "news" is always right. Apparently Black Or White's panther dance is nonsense and proves his insanity...

What else could I expect from a place where The Beatles are the Lord's Blessing to music?

The Beatles are the Lord's blessing to music. So is Michael. So are the other souls who changed music and the world for the better with their creative genius and loving hearts. If people don't like or appreciate Michael, that's just their opinion and they're entitled to it, just like we are entitled to ours. As long as they're not actively seeking out fans to hurl abuse, it's really not something to get worked up about or worry about or even avoid. Not everyone is going to see things the way you do, even when presented with the same information. You just have to accept it and talk about something else or move on. Some of my family think MJ is a paedo no matter what I tell them. It doesn't matter. There's an infinite number of other things we can talk about.

I agree with Anna. People don't have to like MJ. I don't like some artists and that's fine! But they don't have the right to talk about his personal life and they don't have the right to spread lies about him.

That website is absolutely trash. It’s full of white rock fans, so it’s not a surprise that they always discredit Michael. I made a mistake to visit it a few months ago, but I am never visiting it again.

Most of the music forums that I have visited are full of MJ haters who discredit his talent and label him a pedophile. That’s why I only really stick to this forum. It’s a safe haven for all the MJ fans.

Some Beetles fans hate on MJ because you should know by now if you don't. which is understandable. I find it funny because Michael like the beetles. be careful who you hang out with. make sure the people you hang out with are MJ fans. also just because their MJ fans doesn't mean they are nice. some people claim to be fans just to bash him. true we all have opinions but my thing is you shouldn't have to be rude or cruel to have opinions. we live in a nasty world now that now opinions are meant to be hurtful and rude. makes me sick. anyways, make sure what site you are going to but be careful. if you are getting bullied or harass please tell the staff and block them. make sure these people are MJ fans.

Some Beetles fans hate on MJ because you should know by now if you don't. which is understandable. I find it funny because Michael like the beetles. be careful who you hang out with. make sure the people you hang out with are MJ fans. also just because their MJ fans doesn't mean they are nice. some people claim to be fans just to bash him. true we all have opinions but my thing is you shouldn't have to be rude or cruel to have opinions. we live in a nasty world now that now opinions are meant to be hurtful and rude. makes me sick. anyways, make sure what site you are going to but be careful. if you are getting bullied or harass please tell the staff and block them. make sure these people are MJ fans.

Some Beatles fans don't like MJ because he bought the ATV catalog. I say some, because not all of them think the same.

Isn’t it funny how it’s mostly people who don’t even listen to his music who discredit it and say that it isn’t even that great or whatever?
People who actually listen to it always praise it and say that it’s absolutely genius. Even the non-diehard fans.

dethorro;4277819 said:
Isn’t it funny how it’s mostly people who don’t even listen to his music who discredit it and say that it isn’t even that great or whatever?
People who actually listen to it always praise it and say that it’s absolutely genius. Even the non-diehard fans.

If they don't listen, how can they say it sucks? These people don't deserve our time.

Well no wonder. I believe some MJ haters are racist. that's no surprise samething happen when MTV didn't let MJ be apart of their music channel until one of people on MTV said they was gonna stop the channel if MJ wasn't gonna be play. kudos to that man.

it's one thing to not like MJ music but to hate on him for his skin color is a serious thing that need to be talk about and those people need serious help. I can't stand racist old people. i'm sorry if that sound cruel but these people are stuck in the 50's. I can wait until these people are all gone from this earth.

you don't have like MJ music but to say awful mean things about him and fans is a cross the line.

it's sad we live in a world full with so much hate but not enough love. one of the things Michael tried to do in this world.

by the way they are sitting behind a computer screen so it give them a chance to say anything they want. I bet if they say half of the stuff they say outside the web they butts would be kick or put in jail.

just ignore this people and move on. i'm sorry you have to go though that. if the site has a MJ board stay that board to talk about MJ. we all make mistake none are us are perfect.

Xeones;4277807 said:
Guys, I made a mistake. I mentioned Michael on the Steve Hoffman forums, in a thread where people were discussing when he "fell from grace." I defended him and began discrediting all of the tabloid answers that were being thrown my way. It's pathetic. And it's beginning to anger me, so I'm not visiting that site for a bit. People have said things like Mike wasn't a great musician, Prince was better reviewed etc... Mostly stuff about Mike's personal life, but also saying he was not a creative genius, and the only reason Thriller was good was because of the other people who worked on it. All the same crap, you can piece it together. I joined that forum expecting a good musical discussion about the best artist to ever walk the earth. And instead, I got spammed with boomers posting tabloids, because to them the "news" is always right. Apparently Black Or White's panther dance is nonsense and proves his insanity...

What else could I expect from a place where The Beatles are the Lord's Blessing to music?
Sound like a bunch of racist who are upset a black artist out did white artists. Beatles music does not touch MJ's music nor they videos. Even look at some of the comments you listed about Thriller (mind you the biggest hit on Thriller were written by MJ -Billie Jean/Beat it). And again, that is on a Steven Hoffman-I do not even know who that is, I bet if you talk about Beyoncé, Jay Z, rappers, Whitney, etc on there, those same clowns will degrade them. Take it with a grain of salt. Some people think the Beatle was an over hype white band even Quincy Jones said he did not consider them real musician and did not think they were any good. At the of the day, MJ is considered the greatest no matter what a few haters or racist think.

Well no wonder. I believe some MJ haters are racist. that's no surprise samething happen when MTV didn't let MJ be apart of their music channel until one of people on MTV said they was gonna stop the channel if MJ wasn't gonna be play. kudos to that man.

it's one thing to not like MJ music but to hate on him for his skin color is a serious thing that need to be talk about and those people need serious help. I can't stand racist old people. i'm sorry if that sound cruel but these people are stuck in the 50's. I can wait until these people are all gone from this earth.

you don't have like MJ music but to say awful mean things about him and fans is a cross the line.

it's sad we live in a world full with so much hate but not enough love. one of the things Michael tried to do in this world.

by the way they are sitting behind a computer screen so it give them a chance to say anything they want. I bet if they say half of the stuff they say outside the web they butts would be kick or put in jail.

just ignore this people and move on. i'm sorry you have to go though that. if the site has a MJ board stay that board to talk about MJ. we all make mistake none are us are perfect.
And to talk about his skin, lies, etc just makes them look silly. They can not even stay on the issue which show they know nothing and the comment I see you all post is lies about the music; and the people who they seem to like can not touch MJ with a ten foot pole. go figure. That is why I say they are either haters or bigots who mad that a black artist out did and success over white artists.

I agree. Those people are not fans never were. Some people tell that lie to think their lies will be creditable. No real fan of any artist will grab lies, trash the artist based on hearsay, etc. Only a hater who is PRETENDING to be a fan. Even if I am a fan of an artist and I have some issues with that artist, there will still be a way I will address it with "concern", not hate in my tone.

dethorro;4277819 said:

Many people don’t know much about music and what makes a piece of music great, they judge by what they personally like or don’t like. MJ’s music is outstanding, independent of personal taste, and if someone doesn’t acknowledge that, they’re either being ignorant or don’t know better.

You guys always pick me up when I'm brought down by things like this. Thank you. I love you all. Currently listening to Butterflies and just vibing.

You guys always pick me up when I'm brought down by things like this. Thank you. I love you all. Currently listening to Butterflies and just vibing.
We are REALIST thinkers. And some people just like to sit behind a computer and trash artist no matter who it is. I can often spot these types of trolls.

Also, I like the Beatles as well as Michael. Although Michael a lot more. Why is it so hard for a lot of Beatles fans to accept that other good (and better) music exists? In my opinion, Thriller wipes the floor with every Beatles record.

Xeones;4277855 said:
Also, I like the Beatles as well as Michael. Although Michael a lot more. Why is it so hard for a lot of Beatles fans to accept that other good (and better) music exists? In my opinion, Thriller wipes the floor with every Beatles record.

Yup. I’m a Beatles fan, too, and they did some groundbreaking work back in their days. They were trailblazers, just like MJ. If you like to read, check out George Martin’s book “Summer of Love” about the making of Sgt. Pepper. :)

81HpAR7jj8L.jpg

Personally, I don’t like to compare artists and decide who’s better, it’s not a sports discipline after all. But I think that Beatles fans that don’t at least acknowledge the quality of MJ’s work have a very narrow view on music.

You've answered your own question. When both are insanely talented, "better" is just a matter of taste. You prefer MJ, so of course you will see his music and him as superior. If someone prefers The Beatles, they will see them and their music as superior. I love both Michael and The Beatles. I have vast in-depth knowledge of both of them. And to downplay The Beatles is just as ignorant as people who downplay Michael. The Beatles were revolutionary. They changed the whole industry. What they did - especially given the technology available at the time - and their creativity and technical ability was on another level and something still unmatched to this day.

I understand why Michael rubs a lot of Beatles fans the wrong way. You can argue that the catalogue itself was fair game, despite his friendship with Paul, but what Michael chose to do afterwards was just poor behaviour on his part. He ignored Paul's perfectly reasonable request for a better deal and also licensed The Beatles music for commercial purposes, which they didn't want.

In any case, I think some more tolerance and respect is needed on both sides. It's not a competition. In my opinion, The Beatles are the best rock/pop group. And Michael is the best solo artist. Both of them can be enjoyed and appreciated simultaneously.

bigotry

I can't stand racist old people. i'm sorry if that sound cruel but these people are stuck in the 50's. I can wait until these people are all gone from this earth.
Bigots are not all old folks. Many of the people that are anti-diversity and anti-"SJW" in entertainment are young and so are a lot of Trump supporters. That's what MAGA is all about, like build a wall or whatever. The guy (Dylan Roof) who shot the people at a black church a few years ago was 20 or 21.

Makes me hate them more than they hated Michael. Bunch of b:censored:s they are.

I don't see what racism has to do with this. You can't assume someone is racist just because they don't like Michael.

Sound like a bunch of racist who are upset a black artist out did white artists.
Some Beatles fans are racist, particularly the ones who were around when they were an active group. Look at all the comments that were made about Yoko Ono. Some still say she broke up The Beatles, when she had little or nothing to do with it. Some praise John's solo music, but trash Paul's because they think Paul is too commercial and purposefully made music to get hits. John Lennon did this himself with the song How Do You Sleep. Diss records did not begin with rap music. :rofl:

I don't see what racism has to do with this.
People might not be racist per se, put people in general tend to have their entertainment in their own race. Like white people will have more white singers/bands in their record collection, black people have more black performers, Mexicans & Puerto Ricans will have more Latino, etc. There's a reason BET or Telemundo exists, because mainstream networks like NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox has TV shows with mostly white actors. Mainstream entertainment & media is mainly white. So of course The Beatles, Queen, Elvis, or Elton John are going to get more publicity than Little Richard and Stevie Wonder. Non-white performers had to "crossover" to the mainstream. Notice that Elvis Presley, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, George Michael, 1970s Bee Gees, etc. was basically making R&B, funk, or blues. But they way outsold black artists that were doing it before them. Listen to Madonna's first album and a Stephanie Mills record from around the same time period. They sound the same because they had the same producers. Yet one is more well known than the other. Vogue is a dance that came from black gay clubs, but it was popularized to the mainstream by Madonna. New Kids On The Block sold more than New Edition and NKOTB was literally a copy and even came from the same city.

People might not be racist per se, put people in general tend to have their entertainment in their own race. Like white people will have more white singers/bands in their record collection, black people have more black performers, Mexicans & Puerto Ricans will have more Latino, etc. There's a reason BET or Telemundo exists, because mainstream networks like NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox has TV shows with mostly white actors. Mainstream entertainment & media is mainly white. So of course The Beatles, Queen, Elvis, or Elton John are going to get more publicity than Little Richard and Stevie Wonder. Non-white performers had to "crossover" to the mainstream. Notice that Elvis Presley, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, George Michael, 1970s Bee Gees, etc. was basically making R&B, funk, or blues. But they way outsold black artists that were doing it before them. Listen to Madonna's first album and a Stephanie Mills record from around the same time period. They sound the same because they had the same producers. Yet one is more well known than the other. Vogue is a dance that came from black gay clubs, but it was popularized to the mainstream by Madonna. New Kids On The Block sold more than New Edition and NKOTB was literally a copy and even came from the same city.
That has nothing to do with some people on a forum not liking Michael and people in this thread assuming they're probably racist. Unless they're making remarks about his race, there is no correlation whatsoever between the two. I don't like BTS, that doesn't mean I'm racist.

That has nothing to do with some people on a forum not liking Michael and people in this thread assuming they're probably racist. Unless they're making remarks about his race, there is no correlation whatsoever between the two. I don't like BTS, that doesn't mean I'm racist.
The point I'm talking about is not that the rock fans in the Steve Hoffman forum are directly racist, but they might be segregated. The majority of rock fans are white males. When there were AOR (album oriented rock) stations, the playlist had very few non-white acts and few women performers. Like Jimi Hendrix plus Heart/Pat Benatar for the female artists. Most of the biggest record sellers in history are rock acts, and a lot of the biggest selling albums are rock. Rock n roll is considered white music even though it originated with black artists and black music. The audience for country music is also primarily white people, so segregated in the same way. Also rock fans often go for the guitarist and maybe the drummer over the singer. Like Sammy Hagar replacing David Lee Roth did not make that much of a difference in the popularity of Van Halen. But Eddie Van Halen could not be replaced with another guitarist. Eddie has a particular playing style. Lionel Richie leaving the Commodores did hurt the band and so did Mike leaving The Jacksons, but they are R&B groups, where the lead singer is more the focus than the guitarist. Going by that, it can be understood that the average Beatles/classic rock might fan not dig Michael Jackson music. Not because he's black per se, but because he is not a rock act and does not have the same image. In the same way, it's unlikely there's going to be a lot of discussion about Bob Dylan, U2, & Bruce Springsteen on a forum about funk music.

M
ike does not play guitar solos or drum solos and dancing is unimportant for rock n roll. Dancing & choreography is more a thing for R&B related acts. Even the average dance music & disco artist do not dance such as Depeche Mode, Donna Summer, & Pet Shop Boys. Music video plots are not that important for rock either, many are just stage performance videos. So how well Mike can dance or his music video production does not really matter to them. They do not like The Beatles because of their videos, but because of their music. Music videos were not even really a thing in the 1960s. Some were made, but they were rarely if ever broadcast on TV. If a music act wanted to be seen, they went on a TV show like Ed Sullivan or American Bandstand. The Beatles popularity in the USA primarily started because of their Ed Sullivan appearance. There was no MTV for them.

Back