Thread: HIStory 25 [MERGED]

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: HIStory 25???

Don't hype yourself up for something that is not going to happen. This will only lead to disappointment. The Estate should be ashamed of how they ''celebrated'' Dangerous 25. Nothing will happen with HIStory, I'm sure of this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doggone For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    I know that most of us lost our hopes in regards to 25th anniversary releases when the estate didn’t release anything for the anniversary of ‘Dangerous’ back in 2016.

But....MAYBE.....they will do something this year for HIStory.

[.......]

I believe that an anniversary release of this album would come best at this time, after Leaving Neverland. Just like the original album came in 1995 after the first allegations.

I don’t really have high hopes about this but I just thought I’d share my thoughts about what could happen if a release is indeed planned.

What do you guys think?
    Hey dethorro, THANK YOU so much for opening up this subject. I was actually going to create a thread about it myself, but you beat me to it. Same as you, I believe that a re-release of the album at this time would be most timely, considering the recent circumstances.

And out of all the ideas suggested thus far, I think ScreenOrigami’s is the absolute bestest.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    What I’d love to see them release is Disk 2 of HIStory as a standalone album with a nice photo booklet and a bonus DVD with all short films including making of and behind the scenes footage.
    That’s a completely brilliant idea, it really is. I totally resonate with it. If only the Estate would take a cue and listen, it would be great.

Out of all the song titles circulated, I think that either Not Guilty or the Innocent Man, or even better both, if possible (even in rough, demo version) would be very good bonus tracks for a HIStory 25 special edition. Considering that many people aren’t even capable of recognizing Michael’s voice, the recording of those could literally be from any time post-93.

We shouldn’t probably get our hopes up and start to imagine the cover of the album in a nice silvery tint, but it’s an awesome idea nonetheless. Disc 1 would truly be superfluous this time around, but disc 2 revisited with some bonus tracks to keep the theme, new photos and unseen footage from the video shoots, would be great for the fans and it may actually prove to be even profitable.

I bet all those people who doubled Michael's streams in 2019 in answer to the failed muting campaign, the ones who discovered TDCAU in the last few years and the ones in the US who saw the ES video only recently and were surprised to know that Michael was fighting for the well-being of forests and people long before it was fashionable, well all of those compiled, make for a pretty good audience, I would say.

Slightly o/t, I know some people are still upset about Dangerous 25, but I don’t remember any promise from the Estate about that. (Just like there isn't any about H25). It was just wishful (and logical) thinking on the part of fans. What I don’t get though is why on earth people would flood the MJ official twitter account with questions about D25 in 2019? That train had sailed, folks. Let us hope, they’ll do something in 2021, and not just something for sake of doing it, but a truly special anniversary to make up for the half a decade delay.
    .......it's a turf war, on a global scale,,,,and it's not about races
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IH0N469RF8

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Girl View Post
    That train had sailed, folks.
    I think you meant that ship had sailed.
    Michael, thank you for the music, the moves, the magic, and the memories.

"He invariably favors misdirection over confrontation." - Sean Ambrose
    "By deception thou shalt make war." - Mossad motto
    "The best way to control the opposition is to lead it." - Lenin
    "The idle jabbers . . . they're the backstabbers." - Michael Jackson

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent M For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    There is hardly any demand, both from fans and the general public, for a theatrical release (or any other type of official release) of the HIStory Tour, so they are not going to do that.

John Branca mentioned that idea several times in order to get feedback, and the feedback he got was generally not positive about such a theatrical release.

Also, there is already an over saturation of the HIStory Tour with free videos circulating on the Internet, so there is nothing new about that tour that would attract people to come to the movie theatres, to pay and to watch it (so, this means it is an unprofitable release for the Estate).

Note that Michael Jackson (at that time) objected to releasing the Munich HIStory concert because he knew his performance on those two Munich concerts was not up to par, and so the Estate knows that also from an ethical point of view such a release should not be made.

Also, an anniversary release of the ‘HIStory’ album would cost a lot of money for the Estate to manufacture and release it (because it is already a double disc album plus the potential bonus material), so this is not going to happen, either.

John Branca just says publicly some things from time to time (about possible documentaries, theatrical releases, etc) because he mainly wants to get reactions, feedback, suggestions and ideas from fans/people, and not necessarily because he actually plans to proceed with the release of such potential material.
    I agree with all of this.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    What I’d love to see them release is Disk 2 of HIStory as a standalone album with a nice photo booklet and a bonus DVD with all short films including making of and behind the scenes footage.
    This is a really good idea, with loads of potential.

Out of all the song titles circulated, I think that either Not Guilty or the Innocent Man, or even better both, if possible (even in rough, demo version) would be very good bonus tracks for a HIStory 25 special edition. Considering that many people aren’t even capable of recognizing Michael’s voice, the recording of those could literally be from any time post-93.

I bet all those people who doubled Michael's streams in 2019 in answer to the failed muting campaign, the ones who discovered TDCAU in the last few years and the ones in the US who saw the ES video only recently and were surprised to know that Michael was fighting for the well-being of forests and people long before it was fashionable, well all of those compiled, make for a pretty good audience, I would say.
    Totally agree

Slightly o/t, I know some people are still upset about Dangerous 25, but I don’t remember any promise from the Estate about that. (Just like there isn't any about H25). It was just wishful (and logical) thinking on the part of fans. What I don’t get though is why on earth people would flood the MJ official twitter account with questions about D25 in 2019?
    Exactly.

I am looking forward to Dangerous 30....I hope something great happens then. BUT if it doesn't, I'm not gonna fuss too much over it. Fans always seem to dream something up and try to make it a reality just by talking about it constantly and then they become enraged when their imaginary project doesn't actually materialise.

I think it's unrealistic for fans to expect 25, 30, 35, 40 year milestones to be recognised for each and every one of Michael's albums. There is a limit to the kinds of projects that can be produced and released to commemorate these milestones, ad infinitum and I don't see that kind of thing done with any other artists, deceased or otherwise, so I don't know why fans expect it for MJ.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,154 Posts

And out of all the ideas suggested thus far, I think ScreenOrigami’s is the absolute bestest.
    That’s a completely brilliant idea, it really is. I totally resonate with it. If only the Estate would take a cue and listen, it would be great.
    Thank you! I really hope they do something decent for the anniversary, and thematically fitting, with all those lies still going on and on.

That train had sailed, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent M View Post
    I think you meant that ship had sailed.
    With all the mystery surrounding time traveling train stations, I wouldn’t be surprised if trains would suddenly start to sail.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 619 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I am looking forward to Dangerous 30....I hope something great happens then. BUT if it doesn't, I'm not gonna fuss too much over it. Fans always seem to dream something up and try to make it a reality just by talking about it constantly and then they become enraged when their imaginary project doesn't actually materialise.

I think it's unrealistic for fans to expect 25, 30, 35, 40 year milestones to be recognised for each and every one of Michael's albums. There is a limit to the kinds of projects that can be produced and released to commemorate these milestones, ad infinitum and I don't see that kind of thing done with any other artists, deceased or otherwise, so I don't know why fans expect it for MJ.
    This X100. I find it funny and pathetic when Michael fans continuously criticise the Estate for not releasing Dangerous 25. Like you said, it's unrealistic to expect anniversary editions for every album. Anniversary editions are normally reserved for albums that define an artist in the eyes of the public. Album that is the artist's biggest and best selling album. For Michael that would be Thriller, for which we did get a 25th anniversary edition. The Estate did also give us Bad 25, which they didn't have to, as Bad was no Thriller.

Some of these MJ fans need to let go of this entitled attitude that they deserved a Dangerous 25. It's really annoying.

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Line View Post
    This X100. I find it funny and pathetic when Michael fans continuously criticise the Estate for not releasing Dangerous 25. Like you said, it's unrealistic to expect anniversary editions for every album. Anniversary editions are normally reserved for albums that define an artist in the eyes of the public. Album that is the artist's biggest and best selling album. For Michael that would be Thriller, for which we did get a 25th anniversary edition. The Estate did also give us Bad 25, which they didn't have to, as Bad was no Thriller.

Some of these MJ fans need to let go of this entitled attitude that they deserved a Dangerous 25. It's really annoying.
    The Estate should listen and satisfy the MJ fanbase before than the whole audience, which means less money for them but a huge success in terms of respect gained from the fanbase. Dangerous and HIStory aren't popular like Thriller for most of the people, but they're probably the two most personal albums of Michael Jackson, he really put all his efforts and thoughts on them especially on HIStory. This is why we'd like to see a release for the milestones of these two albums.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 939 Posts

Have to disagree here. Bad 25 deserved to be released. Just because it wasnt "Thriller" doesnt mean it should be overlooked. Dangerous should have also got an anniversary release imo. Mj didnt release that many albums compared to other artists. Quality > Quantity. Since he isnt here to give us new material I dont see any reason to not celebrate anniversary releases.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,035 Posts

Meanwhile Prince has a Purple Rain & 1999 anniversary edition and will get anniversary editions for Sign O The Times and the eponymous "Prince" album. I don't agree with your reasoning here. I think it is even more important to celebrate the lesser known albums so that people who overlooked them might get another chance to appreciate them, even fans. There is nothing entitled about wanting to have an anniversary edition of an artists albums, this is a normal occurrence in music.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Meanwhile Prince has a Purple Rain & 1999 anniversary edition and will get anniversary editions for Sign O The Times and the eponymous "Prince" album. I don't agree with your reasoning here. I think it is even more important to celebrate the lesser known albums so that people who overlooked them might get another chance to appreciate them, even fans. There is nothing entitled about wanting to have an anniversary edition of an artists albums, this is a normal occurrence in music.

Right? I agree with you Themidwestcowboy!

The Beatles also got three 50th anniversary releases in the span of 3 years for 'Sgt. Pepper's', 'The White Album' and 'Abbey Road'.
    And they may even get one for 'Let It Be' this year.

One could argue that these three albums are their most iconic ones but 'Dangerous' has sold more than any of them.
    Dangerous has sold 29.55 million copies worldwide according to chart masters while 'Abbey Road', which is their best selling studio album has sold ''only'' 26.5 million copies worldwide.

In my opinion it isn't really about having an entitled attitude. It's just that fans look at other fanbases and expect to get the same things as they get (anniversary releases, concerts on Blu-Ray, music videos in 4K, e.t.c...)

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I don't think Dangerous or HIStory have enough popularity with casual fans to justify making anniversary editions now. Anniversary editions means physical media, not just digital, so the expense has to be justified with mainstream appeal and relevance. The Beatles' 50th anniversary edition albums have both of those things. So do Thriller and Bad. But I don't think Dangerous or HIStory do. Unfortunately, money is always the bottom line with special re-releases. Fan favourites often won't make the cut, no matter how good they are.

Help Staff help you. Remember:

Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    In my opinion it isn't really about having an entitled attitude. It's just that fans look at other fanbases and expect to get the same things as they get (anniversary releases, concerts on Blu-Ray, music videos in 4K, e.t.c...)
    I agree. Michael fanbase is different. we shouldn't expect getting the samething like other fanbases get. but some fans don't get that. they think Michael is suppose get everything another fanbase gets.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I agree with you. dangerous 25 has been on passed. maybe we will get something for the 30th.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

it's unrealistic to expect anniversary editions for every album. Anniversary editions are normally reserved for albums that define an artist in the eyes of the public. Album that is the artist's biggest and best selling album. For Michael that would be Thriller, for which we did get a 25th anniversary edition. The Estate did also give us Bad 25
    Exactly.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post: