Best 'Leaving Neverland' Debunking Documentary - Recommendations?

DangerUs'91

Proud Member
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone could help me out, here. I'm looking for the best, most well made, fair and informative documentary rebuttal of Leaving Neverland thus far.

Basically, looking for a SquareOne type quality. There's so many documentaries on YouTube debunking Leaving Neverland with hundreds of thousands to millions of views - so getting through them to find the best isn't easy for me.

Thanks in advance!

DangerUs'91;4278868 said:
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone could help me out, here. I'm looking for the best, most well made, fair and informative documentary rebuttal of Leaving Neverland thus far.

Basically, looking for a SquareOne type quality. There's so many documentaries on YouTube debunking Leaving Neverland with hundreds of thousands to millions of views - so getting through them to find the best isn't easy for me.

Thanks in advance!

Hard to say which one’s the best, because there are fortunately a lot of them out there by now. I usually choose “Lies of Leaving Neverland”, because it’s only 35 minutes or so, and people are usually willing to invest that much time. My thinking is, it’s better they watch a short rebuttal right now instead of adding a 2 hour masterpiece to their “to watch some day in the future” list. :)

Were still waiting on Taj Jackson's view too... which I think is a little late now... So I'm glad I didn't invest in him..

seanvezina8980;4279601 said:
Were still waiting on Taj Jackson's view too... which I think is a little late now... So I'm glad I didn't invest in him..

It’s not late, it’s scheduled for release this summer.

To be honest, I like the fact that people like Danny Wu, Lies in leaving Neverland are done by people on the "outside" and deaing with facts. It gives more of an unbias look to the overall public. these footages are by Danny, etc are spreading around. People overall are not stupid no matter how much a few media people want you think their are. I have said it many times, I do not nothing about MJ that has been effect; and those who I know who have seen it or heard about it think it is BS.

ScreenOrigami;4279415 said:
Hard to say which one’s the best, because there are fortunately a lot of them out there by now. I usually choose “Lies of Leaving Neverland”, because it’s only 35 minutes or so, and people are usually willing to invest that much time. My thinking is, it’s better they watch a short rebuttal right now instead of adding a 2 hour masterpiece to their “to watch some day in the future” list. :)

Agreed; shorter videos (and articles) are best to share with people, especially casual fans or non-fans, for this reason. All of us here might be willing to watch a feature-length documentary, but a lot of people won't.

terrell;4279603 said:
To be honest, I like the fact that people like Danny Wu, Lies in leaving Neverland are done by people on the "outside" and deaing with facts. It gives more of an unbias look to the overall public. these footages are by Danny, etc are spreading around. People overall are not stupid no matter how much a few media people want you think their are. I have said it many times, I do not nothing about MJ that has been effect; and those who I know who have seen it or heard about it think it is BS.

Absolutely. Danny and all the others who made their own independent documentaries from an outside perspective seem to have such a great impact on how people evaluate LN. I can only speak for myself, of course, but when I became aware of LN, some of the rebuttals were already out there, and I was really grateful for that, as they provided an easily accessible point of entry to the backstory of the allegations throughout the years. I wasn’t aware of the magnitude of the problem.

Taj’s film takes a very different approach, though. Last week, he said in the Q&A session in the Netherlands, that it’s not going to be another LN rebuttal. He’s focusing on showing his uncle as a person, a human being. And this story is best told from an inside perspective. Think of all the information and material Taj has access to. I believe this is going to be spectacular. :)

Nantucket Cat;4279735 said:
Agreed; shorter videos (and articles) are best to share with people, especially casual fans or non-fans, for this reason. All of us here might be willing to watch a feature-length documentary, but a lot of people won't.

Exactly. Something small that raises doubts about the credibility of LN is all it needs. People can then decide if they want to look into it further. YouTube’s rabbit hole of recommendations is really our ally in this case. :laughing:

Last night I was feeling emotional about Michael (as always) and I ended up watching Jin Chohan's "Leaving Neverland: The Aftermath." I have been very curious about Jin's work since I've been following his development of "Trial By Media" for awhile now and am impressed by how professional it looks. While "Leaving Neverland: The Aftermath" is not anywhere near the level of what he seems to be working on right now, I have to say, as a debunking documentary it works pretty well.

The film is structured as a sort of response to LN with Jin featuring moments from the film, media clips of journalists who actually questioned LN, court documents/transcripts, etc. I'm not sure I learned anything new from it, but I think it was overall well organized and the narrative was fairly tight. My favorite part is that Jin remained off camera. I like this because he didn't lead with any of his own emotion. There was no part I can recall off hand that felt like this was a "fan" documentary. It really just felt like well-organized clips pieced together to make a compelling argument. Also, the ending was fantastic and made me cry because it focused on just how loved MJ still is and how deeply committed to him his fans still are. It was very powerful, in my opinion.

Anyway, I personally thought this was better than Square one (which I realize is not exactly an 'LN' debunking doc, but still) so I am surprised it hasn't received as much attention from the fans. Again, it is not perfect. There are certainly things I would change about it. However, it was a very reasoned, rational response that carefully explains why certain claims do not make sense.

It is about an hour run-time, which feels reasonable to me too.

Back