Thread: Best 'Leaving Neverland' Debunking Documentary - Recommendations?

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Best 'Leaving Neverland' Debunking Documentary - Recommendations?

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone could help me out, here. I'm looking for the best, most well made, fair and informative documentary rebuttal of Leaving Neverland thus far.

Basically, looking for a SquareOne type quality. There's so many documentaries on YouTube debunking Leaving Neverland with hundreds of thousands to millions of views - so getting through them to find the best isn't easy for me.

Thanks in advance!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Best 'Leaving Neverland' Debunking Documentary - Recommendations?

I'm not sure. but someone here probably can help ya. good luck.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DangerUs'91 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone could help me out, here. I'm looking for the best, most well made, fair and informative documentary rebuttal of Leaving Neverland thus far.

Basically, looking for a SquareOne type quality. There's so many documentaries on YouTube debunking Leaving Neverland with hundreds of thousands to millions of views - so getting through them to find the best isn't easy for me.

Thanks in advance!
    Hard to say which one’s the best, because there are fortunately a lot of them out there by now. I usually choose “Lies of Leaving Neverland”, because it’s only 35 minutes or so, and people are usually willing to invest that much time. My thinking is, it’s better they watch a short rebuttal right now instead of adding a 2 hour masterpiece to their “to watch some day in the future” list.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Were still waiting on Taj Jackson's view too... which I think is a little late now... So I'm glad I didn't invest in him..

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanvezina8980 View Post
    Were still waiting on Taj Jackson's view too... which I think is a little late now... So I'm glad I didn't invest in him..
    It’s not late, it’s scheduled for release this summer.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,455 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seanvezina8980 View Post
    To be honest, I like the fact that people like Danny Wu, Lies in leaving Neverland are done by people on the "outside" and deaing with facts. It gives more of an unbias look to the overall public. these footages are by Danny, etc are spreading around. People overall are not stupid no matter how much a few media people want you think their are. I have said it many times, I do not nothing about MJ that has been effect; and those who I know who have seen it or heard about it think it is BS.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Hard to say which one’s the best, because there are fortunately a lot of them out there by now. I usually choose “Lies of Leaving Neverland”, because it’s only 35 minutes or so, and people are usually willing to invest that much time. My thinking is, it’s better they watch a short rebuttal right now instead of adding a 2 hour masterpiece to their “to watch some day in the future” list.
    Agreed; shorter videos (and articles) are best to share with people, especially casual fans or non-fans, for this reason. All of us here might be willing to watch a feature-length documentary, but a lot of people won't.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nantucket Cat For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    To be honest, I like the fact that people like Danny Wu, Lies in leaving Neverland are done by people on the "outside" and deaing with facts. It gives more of an unbias look to the overall public. these footages are by Danny, etc are spreading around. People overall are not stupid no matter how much a few media people want you think their are. I have said it many times, I do not nothing about MJ that has been effect; and those who I know who have seen it or heard about it think it is BS.
    Absolutely. Danny and all the others who made their own independent documentaries from an outside perspective seem to have such a great impact on how people evaluate LN. I can only speak for myself, of course, but when I became aware of LN, some of the rebuttals were already out there, and I was really grateful for that, as they provided an easily accessible point of entry to the backstory of the allegations throughout the years. I wasn’t aware of the magnitude of the problem.

Taj’s film takes a very different approach, though. Last week, he said in the Q&A session in the Netherlands, that it’s not going to be another LN rebuttal. He’s focusing on showing his uncle as a person, a human being. And this story is best told from an inside perspective. Think of all the information and material Taj has access to. I believe this is going to be spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket Cat View Post
    Agreed; shorter videos (and articles) are best to share with people, especially casual fans or non-fans, for this reason. All of us here might be willing to watch a feature-length documentary, but a lot of people won't.
    Exactly. Something small that raises doubts about the credibility of LN is all it needs. People can then decide if they want to look into it further. YouTube’s rabbit hole of recommendations is really our ally in this case.