Significant Dates

threatened2020

Proud Member
Sorry if this has ever been discussed before!

Does anyone know if there is any significance with some of the advanced year numbers Michael added to his signature over time?

EG: 1998 / 2020 and even the MJ HIStory tour had MJ2040 on the spaceship. Always intrigued me:laughing:

Diana_Ross-Eaten_Alive-Trasera.jpg

Michael Jackson never spoke publicly about the meaning of his signature with the 1998 advanced year.

But it has been strongly suggested by various sources that he used to put his signature together with that 1998 advanced year because he was feeling that this particular year was the year that he was going to die.

I remember the National Enquirer speculating on the 1998 thing back in the 90s. I think they said a fortune teller told Michael it had some significance lol.

I always think it funny that Michael was different post 1998. It's almost as if that year marked a turning point.

I remember the National Enquirer speculating on the 1998 thing back in the 90s. I think they said a fortune teller told Michael it had some significance lol.

I always think it funny that Michael was different post 1998. It's almost as if that year marked a turning point.

Yes, I agree. After 1998 he did seem very different. I think I know you Chris! If you are the Chris I used to know years ago.

Interesting because that theory does hold some merit. I would say 99 would be a definitive turning point for him.

Hulkamaniac;4279357 said:
Well, it's logic since he was getting older and got skinnier. How could he not look different?

Nah in just the span of two years MJ looked completely different. Just compare him from 99 and 01. I don’t think that was mainly due to age and weight.

Themidwestcowboy;4279358 said:
Nah in just the span of two years MJ looked completely different. Just compare him from 99 and 01. I don’t think that was mainly due to age and weight.

Yes this is true. It was almost like 2 different people. Turning 40 could have him hard psychologically. Who knows?

Wasn't there a Jeovah Witness prophecy predicting that the world was going to end in 1998 or something ?

michael555;4279397 said:
Wasn't there a Jeovah Witness prophecy predicting that the world was going to end in 1998 or something ?

No, there was never such a prediction from Jehovah's Witnesses about the 1998 year.

But even if Jehovah's Witnesses made the prediction that the world was going to end in 1998, Michael Jackson started in 1988 to put his signature with the advanced 1998 year (meaning, having withdrawn from that religion a year earlier, in 1987, he had already stopped believing what that religion was saying or predicting when he started to sign with the 1998 year).

The new millennium put him a lot of additional pressure and anxiety as an artist, and that started to affect also his physical look in a bad way from the early-00s onwards.

I agree. he did. not sure what going on during those times but he did.

Re: 1998

In 1982 Prince had an album called "1999", so maybe Michael wanted to "top" that... :D

I wouldn't read too much into it. Just a playful thingy with mysterious numbers and letters, like the "CTE" on his shirts in the 90s, the "777" on his HIStory Teaser boots etc, that would make people wonder what it's about. Mission succeeded I guess.

Last edited:
Re: 1998

In 1982 Prince had an album called "1999", so maybe Michael wanted to "top" that... :D

I wouldn't read too much into it. Just a playful thingy with mysterious numbers and letters, like the "CTE" on his shirts in the 90s, the "777" on his HIStory Teaser boots etc, that would make people wonder what it's about. Mission succeeded I guess.

Yeah the Prince album...
Being Playful, .I love this response!

I don´t think it had any meaning.It was just Michael who wanted to create a mystery for his fans.

MIST;4279822 said:
I don´t think it had any meaning.It was just Michael who wanted to create a mystery for his fans.

Well, if that's the case then it certainly worked.

Bought 'Eaten Alive' Diana Ross CD in the year 2000 and it still intrigues me today:kiss:

Back