The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

The first list is from album sales and the second is based on lots of things and MJ isn't on either, so I don't understand what the point of this thread is. Or is it that you're upset because MJ isn't on either list? Why does it matter if he sold more than Elvis or not? He's still selling well considering LN.

The first list is from album sales and the second is based on lots of things and MJ isn't on either, so I don't understand what the point of this thread is. Or is it that you're upset because MJ isn't on either list? Why does it matter if he sold more than Elvis or not? He's still selling well considering LN.

This makes sense at least with various sources, you can wonder where such fictitious numbers come from, not because its Elvis or the Beatles, but like with the Eagles, they have never been on the charts for decades, but were mysteriously able to sell 10M and outsell Thriller.

But, on the contrary, MJ has been amongst the best sellers of catalog artists constantly.

The point is who makes such rules or if there are rules/data/statistics that make such lists where all of a sudden you have Elvis without any trace of his album sales during the decades.

Some can add other info/facts we dont know.

The billboard ones are all based on performance of the artists on the billboard charts, they're not overall statistics. Elvis has had a lot more posthumous releases than Michael and also doesn't have continued controversy to affect sales, so no wonder he's sold more records. The Beatles' entire catalogue was remastered and re-released in 2009, then they had the 50th anniversary editions of several albums as well, so they've been selling a lot too. I don't know about the Eagles, but Nielsen and other such official companies which track sales aren't going to put out fake statistics. If MJ sold 8 million, that's still a very high number.

Don’t we have a Charts thread somewhere around here anyway? Maybe merge this with that one? :)

ScreenOrigami;4279341 said:
Don’t we have a Charts thread somewhere around here anyway? Maybe merge this with that one? :)
The other thread is about his actual chart positions, not lack thereof.

Anyway, like I explained in my previous post, his appearance on billboard charts is because they're based on billboard chart performance only. Nielson, etc, are based on overall sales of albums, or whatever else it may be. And that other chart is based on many things. That's why they all say different things. It's not that any of them are wrong or fake.

This makes sense at least with various sources, you can wonder where such fictitious numbers come from, not because its Elvis or the Beatles, but like with the Eagles, they have never been on the charts for decades, but were mysteriously able to sell 10M and outsell Thriller.

But, on the contrary, MJ has been amongst the best sellers of catalog artists constantly.

The point is who makes such rules or if there are rules/data/statistics that make such lists where all of a sudden you have Elvis without any trace of his album sales during the decades.

Some can add other info/facts we dont know.

The Eagles sales are fake. The Riaa made their own sale number. People, and reporter asking them how they came to this numbers, or if they can prove this numbers, they dont know what to say. :)
Nielsen sound scan sales are much much lower. i mentioned them in threads in the past, with statistics. They just sold 15-20 Million max.

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/80022-Thriller-now-29-00x-MULTI-PLATINUM-in-the-USA
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/...test-Hits-Album-Surpasses-Thriller-in-the-USA

and another thread i cant find anymore.

They just cheated, the media an hater was waiting for this, to cheat Michael Jackson. But the facts and truth is something else.

Thriller is since 1984 the biggest selling Album of all time. Since 35 years now. In february its 36 years the best selling album in the US.

mjchris;4279418 said:
The Eagles sales are fake. The Riaa made their own sale number. People, and reporter asking them how they came to this numbers, or if they can prove this numbers, they dont know what to say. :)
Nielsen sound scan sales are much much lower. i mentioned them in threads in the past, with statistics. They just sold 15-20 Million max.

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/80022-Thriller-now-29-00x-MULTI-PLATINUM-in-the-USA
https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/...test-Hits-Album-Surpasses-Thriller-in-the-USA

and another thread i cant find anymore.

They just cheated, the media an hater was waiting for this, to cheat Michael Jackson. But the facts and truth is something else.

Thriller is since 1984 the biggest selling Album of all time. Since 35 years now. In february its 36 years the best selling album in the US.

Even when was alive, he knew the media and industry were trying to cheat him out of the “best selling album” title. It’s extremely obvious to anyone who is aware and have been keeping up with this conspiracy. AND that is what it is a conspiracy.

Back