Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

   
  1. #1
    Points: 13,833, Level: 76
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ILoveHIStory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    777
    Points
    13,833
    Level
    76
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 983 Times in 353 Posts

    Default The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    album-sales-data1

    At 10??????????

    By some estimations MJ has sold 8.3-8.4M albums....

    BUT... we have other sources like:

    https://www.billboard.com/charts/decade-end
    https://www.billboard.com/top-artists-2010s

    The 10 best selling artists of the 2010s
    https://chartmasters.org/2020/01/bes...-of-the-2010s/
    Last edited by ILoveHIStory; 16-01-2020 at 03:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Points: 24,249, Level: 94
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,092
    Points
    24,249
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked 830 Times in 366 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    The first list is from album sales and the second is based on lots of things and MJ isn't on either, so I don't understand what the point of this thread is. Or is it that you're upset because MJ isn't on either list? Why does it matter if he sold more than Elvis or not? He's still selling well considering LN.


    Help Staff help you. Remember:

    Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.


  3. #3
    Points: 13,833, Level: 76
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ILoveHIStory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    777
    Points
    13,833
    Level
    76
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 983 Times in 353 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    The first list is from album sales and the second is based on lots of things and MJ isn't on either, so I don't understand what the point of this thread is. Or is it that you're upset because MJ isn't on either list? Why does it matter if he sold more than Elvis or not? He's still selling well considering LN.
    This makes sense at least with various sources, you can wonder where such fictitious numbers come from, not because its Elvis or the Beatles, but like with the Eagles, they have never been on the charts for decades, but were mysteriously able to sell 10M and outsell Thriller.

    But, on the contrary, MJ has been amongst the best sellers of catalog artists constantly.

    The point is who makes such rules or if there are rules/data/statistics that make such lists where all of a sudden you have Elvis without any trace of his album sales during the decades.

    Some can add other info/facts we dont know.

  4. #4
    Points: 24,249, Level: 94
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,092
    Points
    24,249
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked 830 Times in 366 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    The billboard ones are all based on performance of the artists on the billboard charts, they're not overall statistics. Elvis has had a lot more posthumous releases than Michael and also doesn't have continued controversy to affect sales, so no wonder he's sold more records. The Beatles' entire catalogue was remastered and re-released in 2009, then they had the 50th anniversary editions of several albums as well, so they've been selling a lot too. I don't know about the Eagles, but Nielsen and other such official companies which track sales aren't going to put out fake statistics. If MJ sold 8 million, that's still a very high number.


    Help Staff help you. Remember:

    Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.


  5. #5
    Points: 2,845, Level: 32
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    884
    Points
    2,845
    Level
    32
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 537 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    Don’t we have a Charts thread somewhere around here anyway? Maybe merge this with that one?
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  6. #6
    Points: 24,249, Level: 94
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Anna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,092
    Points
    24,249
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked 830 Times in 366 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    Don’t we have a Charts thread somewhere around here anyway? Maybe merge this with that one?
    The other thread is about his actual chart positions, not lack thereof.

    Anyway, like I explained in my previous post, his appearance on billboard charts is because they're based on billboard chart performance only. Nielson, etc, are based on overall sales of albums, or whatever else it may be. And that other chart is based on many things. That's why they all say different things. It's not that any of them are wrong or fake.


    Help Staff help you. Remember:

    Read the Rules. Respect other members. Report offensive posts.


  7. #7
    Points: 2,845, Level: 32
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    884
    Points
    2,845
    Level
    32
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 537 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    The other thread is about his actual chart positions, not lack thereof.
    Oh, I see. Thanks.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  8. #8
    Points: 30,599, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,755
    Points
    30,599
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 543 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveHIStory View Post
    This makes sense at least with various sources, you can wonder where such fictitious numbers come from, not because its Elvis or the Beatles, but like with the Eagles, they have never been on the charts for decades, but were mysteriously able to sell 10M and outsell Thriller.

    But, on the contrary, MJ has been amongst the best sellers of catalog artists constantly.

    The point is who makes such rules or if there are rules/data/statistics that make such lists where all of a sudden you have Elvis without any trace of his album sales during the decades.

    Some can add other info/facts we dont know.

    The Eagles sales are fake. The Riaa made their own sale number. People, and reporter asking them how they came to this numbers, or if they can prove this numbers, they dont know what to say.
    Nielsen sound scan sales are much much lower. i mentioned them in threads in the past, with statistics. They just sold 15-20 Million max.

    https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...NUM-in-the-USA
    https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ler-in-the-USA

    and another thread i cant find anymore.

    They just cheated, the media an hater was waiting for this, to cheat Michael Jackson. But the facts and truth is something else.

    Thriller is since 1984 the biggest selling Album of all time. Since 35 years now. In february its 36 years the best selling album in the US.

  9. #9
    Points: 7,077, Level: 55
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    675
    Points
    7,077
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 953 Times in 346 Posts

    Default Re: The best ALBUM sellers of the 2010s in the USA... but wait a moment... who?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjchris View Post
    The Eagles sales are fake. The Riaa made their own sale number. People, and reporter asking them how they came to this numbers, or if they can prove this numbers, they dont know what to say.
    Nielsen sound scan sales are much much lower. i mentioned them in threads in the past, with statistics. They just sold 15-20 Million max.

    https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...NUM-in-the-USA
    https://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ler-in-the-USA

    and another thread i cant find anymore.

    They just cheated, the media an hater was waiting for this, to cheat Michael Jackson. But the facts and truth is something else.

    Thriller is since 1984 the biggest selling Album of all time. Since 35 years now. In february its 36 years the best selling album in the US.
    Even when was alive, he knew the media and industry were trying to cheat him out of the “best selling album” title. It’s extremely obvious to anyone who is aware and have been keeping up with this conspiracy. AND that is what it is a conspiracy.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •