Discovery Channel or Nature, health , wellness...Anyone??

miss rose

Proud Member
I love nature. I am to a certain extent into a bit of wild life. I... mostly love earth and nature, because I'm health oriented.

anyone one into health and wellness.
animals, earth, hiking, canoeing...? Please feel free to leave a variety of interesting comments.

I will start I LOVE HEALTH and wellness. I notice that North American society are very health conscious now a days. Do you guys think the health food and drug stores are doing better than fast food chain now a days or is it the opposite and why?

I do enjoy watching the discovery channel every once in a while. LOL i never realized how similar animal and human society are.

I have Discovery Channel, I do watching some programs like “Alaskan Bush People”, “Highway Thru Hell”, “Battle Bots” and even “North Woods Law”. I wish I can watch Animal Planet and I do watch some nature programs every now and then on TVO. “North Woods Law” is really interesting, I was fascinated by the game warden services very similar to when I watched “LivePD” on A&E.

miss rose;4280419 said:
North woods law hmm... Ok, i've got to check that out.

They’re on at 10:00am on weekdays and on about all day and night on weekends.

PoP;4280466 said:
They’re on at 10:00am on weekdays and on about all day and night on weekends.

Thanks for letting me know. :listeningtomusic

I did say i like wellness. So, right now I'm into using natural health products for my hair care regime. I use "Essential Oils" and other similar products like almond oil, coconut, peppermint ect. I use these in my hair and they work wonders! They make my hair soft and shiny. I even checked these out on youtube. Oh my , so many people are using these oils and recommending their benefits! :love: :kickass:

I don't have Discovery Channel right now but I watched Mythbusters a lot. Great show.

I don't have Discovery Channel right now but I watched Mythbusters a lot. Great show.

Oh, that sounds like a good show. I like that kind of thing as well, "Myths". What kind of myths do they solve, is it having to do with ufo's, legends in history, cold case crimes ect? :popcorn:

Oh, that sounds like a good show. I like that kind of thing as well, "Myths". What kind of myths do they solve, is it having to do with ufo's, legends in history, cold case crimes ect? :popcorn:

They test the valitidy many kinds of myths, urban legends, news stories, internet videos and movies scenes. Its a really fun show. Here is some info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters

There are clips on Youtube too.

Thanks Galactus123, for the link. I see it premiered on Discovery Channel lol.

Last edited:
I did say i like wellness. So, right now I'm into using natural health products for my hair care regime. I use "Essential Oils" and other similar products like almond oil, coconut, peppermint ect. I use these in my hair and they work wonders! They make my hair soft and shiny. I even checked these out on youtube. Oh my , so many people are using these oils and recommending their benefits! :love: :kickass:

I got so curious sometime last year about olive oil that I found out you can put a teaspoon of it on cereals, I tried on my Cheerios and man olive oil really are an awesome flavour enhancers. They're also great with your skin too.

I got so curious sometime last year about olive oil that I found out you can put a teaspoon of it on cereals, I tried on my Cheerios and man olive oil really are an awesome flavour enhancers. They're also great with your skin too.

Really eh? You know something, you're right that olive oil is wonderful, but for some reason, me and olive oil don't jive all that well. If i put small amounts of it mixed with something else on my skin or hair, i'm fine, it works wonders on me. Or say like, if i eat it (as you suggested) i get health benefits from that as well, but if i try and use large portions of it on my skin or hair...aahhh!!! It ruins my hair and does nothing for my skin!

Anyways, i guess that's how it is huh? Different strokes for different folks. But i love coconut.

Really eh? You know something, you're right that olive oil is wonderful, but for some reason, me and olive oil don't jive all that well. If i put small amounts of it mixed with something else on my skin or hair, i'm fine, it works wonders on me. Or say like, if i eat it (as you suggested) i get health benefits from that as well, but if i try and use large portions of it on my skin or hair...aahhh!!! It ruins my hair and does nothing for my skin!

Anyways, i guess that's how it is huh? Different strokes for different folks. But i love coconut.

Well you don't have to use olive oil, you can use whatever you want for your skin and hair. One time my fingers got stuck together because the adhesive from the fly trap and couldn't wash it off and I tried coconut oil that my mom suggested it neutralizes the adhesive.

Remember people always suggested using tomato juice and tomato paste to neutralize skunk smell? Well 20 years ago we had 2 golden retrievers that killed the skunk and got stinky from it and bathed in tomato juice and after bathing in it, they still stink and takes a long time. Until I watched "Billy The Exterminator" on A&E, Billy stated that using liquid soap, baking soda and peroxide are the best solution to neutralize the skunk smell. I remembered those ingredients well if a pet or even myself got stink by a skunk.

Hey, that's really useful information POP, thanks... Yeah, if a person is into nature, trails, walks and so forth this is the kind of thing to know. Cuz for instance let's just say i happen to be walking in a nature trail or trek ( i have actually been on those by the way) you can end up running into something, like a skunk or a fox and you'd have to know just what to do. Or...poison ivy yikes!

:laughing: thanks.

Yeah, so i did go on a nature trail quite a few times actually. I must say i rather enjoy each and every time i go on these treks because it's relaxing and yet stimulating at the same time. It's so adventurous and story book like (to me). The people I'm with, we all each pick our own huge stick from the forest and employ that as our support, as we climb hill after hill. It's good exercise on the muscles. I like that it promotes packing your own healthy snack and lunch so that we can stop , sit in a nice spot and have our meal.

There are so many beautiful sites surrounding me during my trek. There are rocks, trees of various shapes and sizes, soil and shrubs, bushes growing wild all round, vines, plants, little animals everywhere and maybe even a small river here or there. We help each other hop and skip over certain obstacles, lol it's fun!

I used to love climbing up Blueberry Mountain at Nellie Lake, but now the area of the mountain is the town’s property.

Oh there’s a show on tonight I wanna see “Man vs Bear”. That got me intrigued, since I always proclaim myself as a Bruin.

I love going on long walks through the woods (in my hometown) or through the fields / along the canal of my city. Especially with my camera.

About 18 months ago I picked up swimming twice a week. I did that years ago, when I was still living in a different city.

Love the feeling of the water ... I also like that swimming is a whole body exercise; Sometimes, when I´m angry or frustrated - I dive in, and working my way through the water does wonders for me.

I don´t like swimming in free water, since I´m a chicken :(
Too many things going on in lakes, canals, etc. (like fish and who knows what) or lying on the bottom (cars, dead bodies, chemical waste, ...) :eek::rolleyes:

miss rose;4280478 said:

I need to check out oils as well! Although I use a rich lotion (NIVEA), my skin is too dry, especially my legs :pth: Going swimming twice a week doesn´t help, either.

Could you recommend an oil for skin care? (I have quality olive oil, but just for cooking lmao!)

bluemoon7;4280828 said:
I need to check out oils as well! Although I use a rich lotion (NIVEA), my skin is too dry, especially my legs :pth: Going swimming twice a week doesn´t help, either.

Could you recommend an oil for skin care? (I have quality olive oil, but just for cooking lmao!)

I’m the same way with my skin condition on my hands, I use Vaseline, that is if my winter dermatitis hasn’t flared. I tried olive oil to my hands once and I guess it worked.

bluemoon7;4280827 said:
I love going on long walks through the woods (in my hometown) or through the fields / along the canal of my city. Especially with my camera.

About 18 months ago I picked up swimming twice a week. I did that years ago, when I was still living in a different city.

Love the feeling of the water ... I also like that swimming is a whole body exercise; Sometimes, when I´m angry or frustrated - I dive in, and working my way through the water does wonders for me.

I don´t like swimming in free water, since I´m a chicken :(
Too many things going on in lakes, canals, etc. (like fish and who knows what) or lying on the bottom (cars, dead bodies, chemical waste, ...) :eek::rolleyes:

(my original comment was too Zen -like) Wow, so you like swimming. That's so cool that you are a good swimmer. Have you always done it growing up or only in your older years?

Yeah, swimming is actually something i enjoy, although i'm not that good lol. But i love going to the beach.
Sorry to hear you are afraid of free water...:eek:

Last edited:
bluemoon7;4280828 said:

Sweet Almond oil. LOL, i recommend sweet almond oil. I use it everyday on my hair, face and body. It's good for sooo many things; moisture, dark circles, growing brows and lashes.
Another one is coconut. Wonderful oil.

Last edited:
PoP;4280772 said:
I used to love climbing up Blueberry Mountain at Nellie Lake, but now the area of the mountain is the town’s property.

Oh there’s a show on tonight I wanna see “Man vs Bear”. That got me intrigued, since I always proclaim myself as a Bruin.

Oh another nature show. Lovely...

miss rose;4280853 said:
Oh another nature show. Lovely...

It’s more like a challenge show. I watched it last night.

Ok, so to stay on topic...(cuz i notice the threads have to do so) I wan't to recommend something. FYI coconut manna, baking soda and 100% pure natural sea salt can be used as the best tooth paste and mouth rinse ever!!! The sea salt and baking soda is mainly responsible for killing bacteria and getting rid of oder. The coconut manna acts the the pasty carrier of the salt and soda, but it also acts as a teeth polisher. Amazing huh?! :laughing:

I wonder if there is anything on Discovery channel about volcanoes?

Last edited:
I actually have access to Discovery channel on my tv. (I'm quite proud of that) :D

Last edited:
I never get the chance recently, that I tried Apple Cider Vinegar in my Apple Cinnamon smoothie and woo, it really gave my smoothie the kick. I heard that it’s good for digestion.

I know this is off topic but... Since this person is not able to pm me i'll post this. I know a special dear friend of mine is reading this.
Dear friend. I know you have seen my larva and cat poem. The universe and the divine has told me that you are afraid to be friends with me. If that is true, you can feel at ease and chat with me anytime you'd like...

Dear friend...can i nick name you lava? I..am a bit psychic (as you are well aware). I know you own a cat in honor of me. That's how i came up with the poem the LARVA and the cat. So, um, look since we can't pm one another, perhaps you can start by telling me a little bit about your love for nature. Do you like nature at all? :)

Last edited:
Dear friend...can i nick name you lava? I..am a bit psychic (as you are well aware). I know you own a cat in honor of me. That's how i came up with the poem the LAVA and the cat. So, um, look since we can't pm one another, perhaps you can start by telling me a little bit about your love for nature. Do you like nature at all? :)

Who are you talking too?
giphy.gif

Thanks POP, for having my back. I had to risk going off topic.

Last edited:
Back