Do you think the 3D in This Is It concerts would have worked?

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
This Is It tour was supposed to have many 3D sequences and many of them are seen in the movie and in DVD documentaries. They would have given the audience 3D glasses. Did you like the idea and do you think it would have worked? I don't really like the idea of wearing 3D glasses when watching a concert. The idea of mixing 3D video and concert sounds great in my opinion but it would have been hard to do well. For example in Smooth Criminal Michael was supposed to appear on stage after he jumped through the glass in the video:

At 3:44.

There is even better video of it on the DVD with someone appearing on stage if I remember right. I think the transition would have been hard to do. Also the spider seen in Thriller video would have come to the stage with Michael in it.

Last edited:
I had tickets for July 10th 2009. Of course, then moved to March 1st 2010 (I knew at this point I wouldn't be seeing Michael live but remained hopeful)

So watching This is It in the cinemas I was spine tingling nervous as to what I would've been in for. I just knew it would have been so special.

And then to see that Michael was going to incorporate 3D elements, which at the time was *the* in thing, was surreal. It would've been the greatest spectacle on earth. I was stunned. I smiled because it felt like he'd done it one last time. He'd dropped my jaw in a way only he could. Whatever expectations I could've had, he always exceeded them and this felt like a final tip of the hat. He'd done it one final time.

I left the theatre incredibly upset. Obviously we later learned what he was truly going through, but his genius and talent never wained once which is an incredible testament.

He really is one of a kind. Never again will we see anything even remotely close.

Our last ever episode of true Michael mania and I loved every moment of it. The London tube posters before the announcement, michaeljacksonlive.com, voting for the setlists, the rumours on AOL that Michael was arriving into London that week for a tour announcement, the 3 minute Dancing on Ice ITV advert (one of his coolest ever).. it was truly captivating to be caught up in the world of Michael for one final time.

I'll probably always have a tear in my eye thinking about those times, as I do when typing this. I miss that man and everything about him so so much.

I had tickets in 2009, I felt too that I wasn't going to see him but still hoped. I had front row tickets as well!

'This Is It' 3D segments would have worked I believe unless you had an idiot getting up to get a drink or going to the loo just as the best 3d segments came to life lol

I had tickets for July 10th 2009. Of course, then moved to March 1st 2010 (I knew at this point I wouldn't be seeing Michael live but remained hopeful)

So watching This is It in the cinemas I was spine tingling nervous as to what I would've been in for. I just knew it would have been so special.

And then to see that Michael was going to incorporate 3D elements, which at the time was *the* in thing, was surreal. It would've been the greatest spectacle on earth. I was stunned. I smiled because it felt like he'd done it one last time. He'd dropped my jaw in a way only he could. Whatever expectations I could've had, he always exceeded them and this felt like a final tip of the hat. He'd done it one final time.

I left the theatre incredibly upset. Obviously we later learned what he was truly going through, but his genius and talent never wained once which is an incredible testament.

He really is one of a kind. Never again will we see anything even remotely close.

Our last ever episode of true Michael mania and I loved every moment of it. The London tube posters before the announcement, michaeljacksonlive.com, voting for the setlists, the rumours on AOL that Michael was arriving into London that week for a tour announcement, the 3 minute Dancing on Ice ITV advert (one of his coolest ever).. it was truly captivating to be caught up in the world of Michael for one final time.

I'll probably always have a tear in my eye thinking about those times, as I do when typing this. I miss that man and everything about him so so much.

Oh man. I remember those days too.

I know thinking bout that ''michaelmania'' happening again in 2009 was magical but sad how it just stopped in one day, makes me sad thinking bout it

One of the posts I've seen in awhile. Summed it up perfectly mate, brings back a lot of old feelings I hadn't thought about in years

Honestly I'm not sure how I thought about the idea of 3D aspect in the show, it could have been cool definitely in between the songs, but during the show I think it would have been a distraction from Mike and the show itself. Plus I know had Michael made it to my show in January I would have forgot about using the 3D glasses and just got caught up in the spectacle.

Back