Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 851 Posts

Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

I know i said i wasn't gonna write back but if it's was on michael will that he wanted his unreleased stuff release then i don't care. but if it's not then in my opinion it should be left alone. like others said before we don't know whatever michael would want his unreleased music release we can only go by how he was when he was alive. michael left us to soon to even tell us want he wanted or not.

i'm just trying to go by the man wishes because i'm a fan and it's his music and he made it.

michael didn't have a problem with fans being inspire by him but i think when it comes to his unrelease stuff it should be left alone.

this topic is kind of opinions because we really don't know what michael would have wanted. but we still need to respect this man even though he not with us anymore.

i hope there more left. if not, then the estate needs to at least HQ Michael's short films. i think that's what we all also want the most as well.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Michael Jackson would not have wanted his unfinished music to get a release posthumously.

This was strongly hinted by some of his collaborators (with whom he was working on new music while he was still alive), among others Akon and will.i.am.

…They're just ideas, concepts, and harmonies that the world will probably never see [...] We've done plenty of records outside of this, but they were just incomplete [...] I might just burn [them] after this interview. I would never put [them] out unfinished…" (Akon)

Will.i.am also stated (on more than one occasions) that it would be disrespectful towards Michael Jackson if his unfinished songs (that they both worked on) gets a posthumous release, because that would be something that Michael Jackson would not have wanted to happen.

Also, Michael Jackson himself made it clear that he posthumously wanted only specific, finished songs to get a posthumous release.

So, he chose those specific, finished songs (from his catalog of unreleased music) in order for them to get a posthumous release as a way to secure his three kids financially after his death.

About ‘The Ultimate Collection’ box set that is being mentioned here, this was just an exception to his overall philosophy given the particular circumstances surrounding his tense relation with Sony at that time.

Michael Jackson did not really care about that box set’s content (he even suggested it that publicly at the 'Killer Thriller' Party that took place in 2002 at the Equinox nightclub during a fan club event), but actually he only cared about its quick release because with that release he would automatically extricate himself from Sony.

So, he willingly authorized his collaborators (such as, Matt Forger) to fill that box set’s capacity by including on it whatever was available at the time, even unfinished songs.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

There is no public and probably not at all a document which states what songs could be released according to MJ.
    The only thing clear is there are multiple finished (enough) songs from will.i.am sessions which he is willing to release, estate blocked one of these songs for the album willpower. Redone also has enough to release but last we heard only for charity (so no interest from estate). Then there are the ultimate collection songs which Michael apparantly wanted to revisit. Then a few gems here and there and the latest 'gothic direction' stuff which is also unfinished.

"We need to save our galaxy...! Are you ready?... Let's dance!" - Michael Jackson

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,098 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Michael Jackson would not have wanted his unfinished music to get a release posthumously.

This was strongly hinted by some of his collaborators (with whom he was working on new music while he was still alive), among others Akon and will.i.am.

…They're just ideas, concepts, and harmonies that the world will probably never see [...] We've done plenty of records outside of this, but they were just incomplete [...] I might just burn [them] after this interview. I would never put [them] out unfinished…" (Akon)

Will.i.am also stated (on more than one occasions) that it would be disrespectful towards Michael Jackson if his unfinished songs (that they both worked on) gets a posthumous release, because that would be something that Michael Jackson would not have wanted to happen.

Also, Michael Jackson himself made it clear that he posthumously wanted only specific, finished songs to get a posthumous release.

So, he chose those specific, finished songs (from his catalog of unreleased music) in order for them to get a posthumous release as a way to secure his three kids financially after his death.

About ‘The Ultimate Collection’ box set that is being mentioned here, this was just an exception to his overall philosophy given the particular circumstances surrounding his tense relation with Sony at that time.

Michael Jackson did not really care about that box set’s content (he even suggested it that publicly at the 'Killer Thriller' Party that took place in 2002 at the Equinox nightclub during a fan club event), but actually he only cared about its quick release because with that release he would automatically extricate himself from Sony.

So, he willingly authorized his collaborators (such as, Matt Forger) to fill that box set’s capacity by including on it whatever was available at the time, even unfinished songs.
    If you are going to go off based on what Akon and Will said, who only worked with Michael in a very short period, then you would be better of going off what Brad Buxer and Michael Prince say. Although they have not commented directly on what Michael would do in this scenario, they have said that they have been opened for idea of working on new MJ materal. But since The Estate never bothered with them, we haven't seen anything yet.

My point is: your first sentence in your post is not correct.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 650 Posts

To those who say that Michael’s unreleased music shouldn’t be released, because Michael wouldn’t want that.. Do you guys have the same mindset for concert releases?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,739 Times in 1,608 Posts

I just want everything to be released. - Both songs and concerts.

The more concerts the better. - Triump, Victory, BAD, Dangerous, maybe even a HIStory concert if it has a lot of bonus material with rehearsal footage where MJ sings live.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

I would love to see more Michael concerts that's only once again he want it. i mean he did release two concerts while he was alive. so i don't know. none us really know. also michael had alot of concerts on tapes in his home when he was alive. so i wouldn't be surprise that some of the stuff got sold and some fans out there have them.

at this point we giving our opinions and thoughts. i mean if michael didn't want some of that stuff release he should had it destroy but then again he die way to soon to even deicide.

so i don't know.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pentum View Post
    If you are going to go off based on what Akon and Will said, who only worked with Michael in a very short period, then you would be better of going off what Brad Buxer and Michael Prince say. Although they have not commented directly on what Michael would do in this scenario, they have said that they have been opened for idea of working on new MJ materal. But since The Estate never bothered with them, we haven't seen anything yet.

My point is: your first sentence in your post is not correct.
    There is also Teddy Riley who worked with Michael Jackson during different and long periods of time, and he also confirmed that Michael Jackson would not have wanted the unfinished songs (that they together worked on) to get a posthumous release:

…Well, it’s certainly true that there’s a lotta songs Michael and I did together that didn’t get released. But, as to whether they may now come out, I think that decision would have to be based on what he’d have wanted. You know, Michael would have never wanted something released if it wasn’t great and if it wasn’t finished. So, if a track isn’t finished, we won’t be putting it out there…” (Teddy Riley, ‘Blues & Soul’ Magazine Interview)

Judging from the above Teddy Riley's quotes and using common sense, it can also be easily deduced that Michael Jackson generally would not have wanted his unfinished songs to get a release even while he was still alive.

I could post quotes also from other collaborators (with whom Michael Jackson worked on songs) that corroborate his own, strict philosophy about not wanting his unfinished music to get a release while he was still alive, or after his death.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Give me quotes from MP and BB who were MJ's closest, saying Mike would never have released unfinished music post death, and I'll buy it. I mean, even then we wouldn't know for sure though. And going back to my first point; Tens of tens of songs have already been leaked and released. No way going back now.

I don't take any words from Teddy Riley serious after the Michael fiasco. That interview is quoted from what, around the same time he was working on the Cascio songs?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Michael Jackson would not have liked his unfinished music getting leaked.

Due to his perfectionism, while he was still alive he was very protective when it came to his unfinished music and in no way he wanted it to get leaked.

The Estate should respect and continue that attitude that he had.
    Yes. That was when he was alive. We can't know for sure whether he would be against people hearing his demos and unreleased songs now.

Also, i'm sure Paul McCartney for example would have hated it if people heard any Beatles demos in the 60s, however, nowadays he supports anniversary releases which contain tons of unreleased material (Esher demos, alternate mixes, alternate vocal takes...).
    Last edited by dethorro; 24-07-2020 at 05:01 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dethorro For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Yes. That was when he was alive. We can't know for sure whether he would be against people hearing his demos and unreleased songs now.

Also, i'm sure Paul McCartney for example would have hated it if people heard any Beatles demos in the 60s, however, nowadays he supports anniversary releases which contain tons of unreleased material (Esher demos, alternate mixes, alternate vocal takes...).
    Your comparison does not make sense.

You should use that Paul McCartney/The Beatles example in relation to what Michael Jackson wanted to do while he was still alive with his band (The Jackson 5/The Jacksons) before and after the band's break-up.

Michael Jackson did not want unfinished/unreleased songs from his band to get a release while The Jackson 5/The Jacksons was still active, and he continued to have that attitude later when the band disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentum View Post
    Give me quotes from MP and BB who were MJ's closest, saying Mike would never have released unfinished music post death, and I'll buy it. I mean, even then we wouldn't know for sure though. And going back to my first point; Tens of tens of songs have already been leaked and released. No way going back now.

I don't take any words from Teddy Riley serious after the Michael fiasco. That interview is quoted from what, around the same time he was working on the Cascio songs?
    Michael Durham Prince is not going to admit such a thing (that Michael Jackson would not have wanted his unfinished music to get a release posthumously).

That is because Michael Durham Prince has been more than willing since Michael Jackson’s death to ‘finish’ (by including guest vocals, contemporizing them, etc) some of the unfinished songs that he allegedly has in his personal laptop in order to get financial gain/royalties when they get released by the Estate.

Also, as far as I am aware, Brad Buxer has not commented on that matter.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Appreciate your effort, mj_frenzy, but again; What Mike wanted with his unfinished music while being alive is not the same as what he would've wanted with it while not being alive. They are two completely different scenarios. One where he wouldn't because he probably knew he would come back sooner or later to rework and make it better. And one where he can't do anything with it.

I think that's where the discussion ends and we have to accept that tons of his stuff post death have been released, leaked and will continue to do so. Let's just hope and try to get the remaining stuff in the most true form. The closest to Mike's vision. And if it has to be reworked, then preferably, finished by the exact people who worked on the song.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pentum For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 727 Posts

There's no correct answer to this unfortunately, we don't know how Michael felt and sadly he's not here to tell us

What the powers that be must do instead is to take, time, care and effort into any posthumous project they release, with Michael's artistic legacy at the forefront

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,739 Times in 1,608 Posts

If MJ felt so strong about his unreleased music should not be released, I guess he would have written it in his will og told his lawyers etc.

I doubt he would not want it to be released after his death.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    There's no correct answer to this unfortunately, we don't know how Michael felt and sadly he's not here to tell us
    Agree dude. this whole thread is just opinions.