Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    I'm so pissed off because all this music & they gave us fake tracks & previous leaked music. Can they not find the music or what's the issue?
    They can find the music, but apparently they believe that most of that music is not good enough to guarantee these days a successful, commercial release.

After all, most of those unreleased songs were shelved and remained unreleased even by Michael Jackson himself because he did not find them good enough for official releases.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    After all, most of those unreleased songs were shelved and remained unreleased even by Michael Jackson himself because he did not find them good enough for official releases.
    But I think that's missing the point.

It'd be like uncovering sketches by Renoir or Van Gogh or something and hiding them away because they were never meant to be seen by the artist to begin with. This is a great artist at work, everything this artist left behind unreleased gives us a fascinating insight into how they worked and should be appreciated in this context.

But then lets also consider that Michael Jackson cast offs are often better than A material of other artists.

And lets also remember the likes of Much Too Soon. It was revisited several times, and it just didn't fit thematically with the overall vision Michael had for the albums he was making at those various times in his life. It was no reflection on the quality of the song. And again, it is often what an artist leaves out that gives us deeper insight into how they worked.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 986
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,775 Times in 1,744 Posts

‘MJ Melody’ is also a finished, unreleased song that Michael Jackson wrote in 1982.

‘The Nightmare Of Edgar Allan Poe’ is another finished song that Michael Jackson co-wrote with Walter Afanasieff in early 2000 for the ill-fated film with the same title.

‘Ode To Sorrow’ is another finished, unreleased song that Michael Jackson wrote (in 1977).

About ‘Michael McKellar’, Michael Jackson recorded a finished version of it during the ‘HIStory’ album sessions with a view to including it on the ‘HIStory’ album, but ‘Michael McKellar’ was eventually replaced by Little Suzie’ on the 'HIStory' album.
    Mind if I ask for a source here? I recognize all the titles, but the levels of completion have thus far been unknown to me (other than "Michael McKellar").

I never understood/liked this angle. It's not a blanket statement; there were many songs that Michael thought were more than good enough for release, but just weren't ready from a production/lyrical standpoint. Certainly some were withheld because he didn't find them worthy, but just because a song is unreleased doesn't immediately mean Michael didn't want us to hear it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Mind if I ask for a source here? I recognize all the titles, but the levels of completion have thus far been unknown to me (other than "Michael McKellar").
    ‘MJ Melody’ is a fully written and recorded instrumental track by Michael Jackson (registered with the U.S. Copyright Office in 1984).

‘The Nightmare Of Edgar Allan Poe’ was fully recorded by Michael Jackson in order to accompany the film in which he was about to star as the 19th-century American writer (the song also exists as simply ‘Edgar Allan Poe’).

Michael Jackson was so enthusiastic about that project in general (song, film) that he had already recorded ‘The Nightmare Of Edgar Allan Poe’ even some time before the production of that film was about to begin.

‘Ode To Sorrow’ was written and recorded by Michael Jackson (registered with the U.S. Copyright Office in 1984).

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I just wonder what on earth could be "mj melody" like is it a mix of songs....is it a new song,like i need some details about it...im literally crying inside because im looking at all these titles & cant hear 1....i can only imagine by title what they might sound like.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,078 Posts

They can find the music, but apparently they believe that most of that music is not good enough to guarantee these days a successful, commercial release.

Exactly.

My own interest in most of these unreleased, unfinished tracks is kind of low, considering what has been posthumously released, to date.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,739 Times in 1,608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    Exactly.

My own interest in most of these unreleased, unfinished tracks is kind of low, considering what has been posthumously released, to date.
    I must say I am very happy - and positively surprised - about the songs released posthumously.

Much Too Soon
    Behind the mask
    Hollywood Tonight
    Best of Joy

- all the songs from Xscape actually - I like all the songs, some I prefer MJ's original some I prefer the temporized version.

But..

Chicago - great
    LNFSG - all 3 versions are great
    Loving you - both versions amazing
    APWNN - like both versions
    Slave to the rhytm - great song and beat
    Blue Gangsta - prefer the original - it's great
    Xscape - think I prefer the original because of the bridge - don't know why they cut that out, but new version is good too.
    DYKWYCA - MJ's version is great - new terrible...

AND - the songs on BAD25!!

Free
    I'm so Blue
    Price of fame - love this song. Still hope it gets a proper release on a new album!
    Don't be messing 'round - a rough demo - but still great.

I think this gives hope... So many great songs MJ left. I can't wait for more to be officially released.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I'd love someone to finish Price of Fame.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 727 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I'd love someone to finish Price of Fame.
    Yep I'm 100% with this. That is one of my favourite unreleased tracks we have, I wish Michael would have finished this track post Bad Tour

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    I must say I am very happy - and positively surprised - about the songs released posthumously.

Much Too Soon
    Behind the mask
    Hollywood Tonight
    Best of Joy

- all the songs from Xscape actually - I like all the songs, some I prefer MJ's original some I prefer the temporized version.

But..

Chicago - great
    LNFSG - all 3 versions are great
    Loving you - both versions amazing
    APWNN - like both versions
    Slave to the rhytm - great song and beat
    Blue Gangsta - prefer the original - it's great
    Xscape - think I prefer the original because of the bridge - don't know why they cut that out, but new version is good too.
    DYKWYCA - MJ's version is great - new terrible...

AND - the songs on BAD25!!

Free
    I'm so Blue
    Price of fame - love this song. Still hope it gets a proper release on a new album!
    Don't be messing 'round - a rough demo - but still great.
    To clarify and elaborate further on my comment, I do like most of the songs that have been released posthumously; however, with each release, it has meant that less and less material remains, that is commercially viable. I'm not sure that there are many producers around that are capable of, or willing to, finish the songs that remain (and they do need to be finished). The Xscape album was a very good effort, but I'm not sure that it can be replicated, with the songs that are still available to the Estate. I have been truly underwhelmed with many of the snippets I've heard in the last two years or so.

My favourites are:

Behind the Mask
    Hollywood Tonight
    Hold My Hand
    Chicago
    Slave to the Rhythm
    Xscape
    LNFSG
    Another Day
    Don't Be Messin' Round
    Abortion Papers

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

I saw a song title on a list of unreleased MJ songs a few years ago and I was intrigued by it.

Does anyone have information on "California Grass" - is it actually a real song, or just an idea for a title or a topic??

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 986
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,775 Times in 1,744 Posts

I'm So Blue alone reinforces my belief that there are still masterpieces to be found in the vault. I'd honestly and truly put it in my top five favorite Michael Jackson songs -- and it's an outtake that was never meant to see the light of day.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I'm So Blue alone reinforces my belief that there are still masterpieces to be found in the vault. I'd honestly and truly put it in my top five favorite Michael Jackson songs -- and it's an outtake that was never meant to see the light of day.
    I totally agree with you. I feel the same about alot of unreleased music that he's got....bad 25 really came with some gems. Smh now that I think about it...I havent been excited for a project since bad 25 new tracks. (Sigh)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderouzmj For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

A finished version (and not just a demo) of ‘Price Of Fame’ exists but only in his vaults.

It was completed and was also properly mixed and mastered during the ‘BAD’ album sessions because ‘Price Of Fame’ was meant to be on the ‘BAD’ album, but it was replaced at the last minute by the ‘BAD’ track on both the album and on the Pepsi Cola commercial.

‘Jungle’ is an almost finished, fast-paced track in which Michael Jackson raps most of his lines (the song is an outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album).

People who heard ‘Jungle’ have described it as very similar to ‘Tabloid Junkie’ and ‘Why You Wanna Trip On Me’ (in terms of vocal delivery and also theme).

‘Seduction’ is an almost complete, mid-tempo track that failed to make the ‘Invincible’ album (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Tubeway’ is a fully finished song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Vibratonist’ is another fully finished song that Michael Jackson co-wrote with Teddy Riley and he recorded it in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Thank You For Life’ is another fully finished, unreleased song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded for his ‘Off The Wall’ album.

There is also another finished song called ‘Slipped Away’ that Michael Jackson co-wrote with his brother Marlon Jackson (the song is an outtake from the ‘Triumph’ album).

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

A finished version (and not just a demo) of ‘Price Of Fame’ exists but only in his vaults.

It was completed and was also properly mixed and mastered during the ‘BAD’ album sessions because ‘Price Of Fame’ was meant to be on the ‘BAD’ album, but it was replaced at the last minute by the ‘BAD’ track on both the album and on the Pepsi Cola commercial.

‘Jungle’ is an almost finished, fast-paced track in which Michael Jackson raps most of his lines (the song is an outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album).

People who heard ‘Jungle’ have described it as very similar to ‘Tabloid Junkie’ and ‘Why You Wanna Trip On Me’ (in terms of vocal delivery and also theme).

‘Seduction’ is an almost complete, mid-tempo track that failed to make the ‘Invincible’ album (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Tubeway’ is a fully finished song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Vibratonist’ is another fully finished song that Michael Jackson co-wrote with Teddy Riley and he recorded it in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Thank You For Life’ is another fully finished, unreleased song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded for his ‘Off The Wall’ album.

There is also another finished song called ‘Slipped Away’ that Michael Jackson co-wrote with his brother Marlon Jackson (the song is an outtake from the ‘Triumph’ album).
    Thank you so much for this amazing infos. Do you have any infos about Post-Trial tracks? Do you Know if there is any releasable Material From that era? I am so curious about Songs like „Rocker“, „Adore You“ ...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mjfan_93 For This Useful Post: