Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 667 Posts

Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    A finished version (and not just a demo) of ‘Price Of Fame’ exists but only in his vaults.

It was completed and was also properly mixed and mastered during the ‘BAD’ album sessions because ‘Price Of Fame’ was meant to be on the ‘BAD’ album, but it was replaced at the last minute by the ‘BAD’ track on both the album and on the Pepsi Cola commercial.

‘Jungle’ is an almost finished, fast-paced track in which Michael Jackson raps most of his lines (the song is an outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album).

People who heard ‘Jungle’ have described it as very similar to ‘Tabloid Junkie’ and ‘Why You Wanna Trip On Me’ (in terms of vocal delivery and also theme).

‘Seduction’ is an almost complete, mid-tempo track that failed to make the ‘Invincible’ album (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Tubeway’ is a fully finished song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Vibratonist’ is another fully finished song that Michael Jackson co-wrote with Teddy Riley and he recorded it in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Thank You For Life’ is another fully finished, unreleased song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded for his ‘Off The Wall’ album.

There is also another finished song called ‘Slipped Away’ that Michael Jackson co-wrote with his brother Marlon Jackson (the song is an outtake from the ‘Triumph’ album).
    I would be overjoyed if this were true, but I'm sorry to ask what's your source on this mate?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

A finished version (and not just a demo) of ‘Price Of Fame’ exists but only in his vaults.

It was completed and was also properly mixed and mastered during the ‘BAD’ album sessions because ‘Price Of Fame’ was meant to be on the ‘BAD’ album, but it was replaced at the last minute by the ‘BAD’ track on both the album and on the Pepsi Cola commercial.

‘Jungle’ is an almost finished, fast-paced track in which Michael Jackson raps most of his lines (the song is an outtake from the ‘Invincible’ album).

People who heard ‘Jungle’ have described it as very similar to ‘Tabloid Junkie’ and ‘Why You Wanna Trip On Me’ (in terms of vocal delivery and also theme).

‘Seduction’ is an almost complete, mid-tempo track that failed to make the ‘Invincible’ album (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Tubeway’ is a fully finished song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Vibratonist’ is another fully finished song that Michael Jackson co-wrote with Teddy Riley and he recorded it in the early sessions of the ‘Invincible’ album sessions (the song remains as an outtake from that album).

‘Thank You For Life’ is another fully finished, unreleased song that Michael Jackson wrote and recorded for his ‘Off The Wall’ album.

There is also another finished song called ‘Slipped Away’ that Michael Jackson co-wrote with his brother Marlon Jackson (the song is an outtake from the ‘Triumph’ album).
    According to Michael himself, ''Thank You For Life'' was written and recorded way before Off The Wall. So I wouldn't say that it was written or considered for the Off The Wall album

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I saw a song title on a list of unreleased MJ songs a few years ago and I was intrigued by it.

Does anyone have information on "California Grass" - is it actually a real song, or just an idea for a title or a topic??
    ‘California Grass’ is actually a real song which was written and recorded by Michael Jackson during the ‘Dangerous’ album sessions (for inclusion on the ‘Dangerous’ album).

It has remained unreleased since then.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    I would be overjoyed if this were true, but I'm sorry to ask what's your source on this mate?
    That information was also confirmed by Matt Forger who additionally revealed that ‘Price Of Fame’ was going to be included on the subsequent ‘Dangerous’ album.

But Michael Jackson did not include that song on a studio album for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    According to Michael himself, ''Thank You For Life'' was written and recorded way before Off The Wall. So I wouldn't say that it was written or considered for the Off The Wall album
    According to several reliable sources, ‘Thank You For Life’ is an outtake from his ‘Off The Wall’ album.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfan_93 View Post
    Thank you so much for this amazing infos. Do you have any infos about Post-Trial tracks? Do you Know if there is any releasable Material From that era? I am so curious about Songs like „Rocker“, „Adore You“ ...
    Concerning post-trial unreleased tracks, there is a finished song called ‘Still The King’ (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

Another finished track is ‘Can You’ (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

‘Miss You’ (or, ‘I Will Miss You', or ‘I’m Gonna Miss You’) is another finished song dedicated to the memory of James Brown (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

‘The Future’ is an almost complete, latin-oriented track with environmental lyrics (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

In total, the unreleased songs (from the Will.i.am’s sessions) are around ten, while half of them are fully complete.

An important detail about these songs (from the Will.i.am’s sessions) is that all of them at that time were being kept in Michael Jackson’s personal hard drives and not in Will.i.am’s hard drives (because Will.i.am, as he told to BBC, he did not want such a huge responsibility).

This means that the Estate automatically acquired these songs when Michael Jackson died (but in case of a possible release the Will.i.am’s written permission is still required).

‘Stop Throwing Your Life Away’ is a fully finished track produced by the American producer Neff-U (in 2008).

‘He Who Makes The Sky Gray’ is another complete, gospel-oriented song (from the Bahrain sessions, recorded in 2006).

‘Light The Way’ is another complete song (from the Bahrain sessions, recorded in 2006).

‘D.I.E.’ is a nearly finished song from Michael Jackson’s very last recording sessions.

‘H2O’ is a track recorded in 2008 (October) but it has incomplete Michael Jackson’s vocals on it.

‘Breathe’ is a complete instrumental track recorded in 2009 (May).

The situation about the nearly complete ‘Adore You’ song is a bit hazy, because some people say the song has been lost, others say the song exists in the hard drives of the producers who worked on that song.

‘Rocker’ is a complete track that Michael Jackson worked on with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham Prince.

During the ‘This Is It’ Tour (and after the O2 London shows) Michael Jackson planned to release one new single every two or three months while touring and when the singles would reach ten to twelve he would include them on a brand new studio album (with few more new songs on it).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Level
    Thanks

I don't wanna tease no one writing this, but,
    Throwing Your Life has a great bridge.
    The first time i heard that i was speechless.
    I'm still wondering why they didn't include this song in the BAD 25 2nd disc.
    Last edited by Stefano MJS; 15-02-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    "Make That Change"
    https://bit.ly/StefanMJS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stefano MJS For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Hmm... the post above is pretty shady. What's your source. I doubt he recorded anything in May 2009 considering what was going on behind the scenes. And neff u said he sent MJ songs but never heard anything back? So its unlikely MJ finished one of his songs.

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,886 Times in 914 Posts

During the ‘This Is It’ Tour (and after the O2 London shows) Michael Jackson planned to release one new single every two or three months while touring and when the singles would reach ten to twelve he would include them on a brand new studio album (with few more new songs on it).
    I've always thought this was such an amazing and innovative idea. It is just so tragic that none of it ever came to pass.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano MJS View Post
    Maybe a dispute with someone who worked on it or something, the estate don't seem that bothered about doing anything respectfully and can't release a lot of songs as a result.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Also MJfrenzy can you please stop saying things as if they are fact and then providing no source for what you're saying.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Wouldn't mind if the estate released half-finished songs/ sketches. Wasn't In The Back just that? And it was magical. Or is it that what's in the vault is less fleshed-out?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmert View Post
    Wouldn't mind if the estate released half-finished songs/ sketches. Wasn't In The Back just that? And it was magical. Or is it that what's in the vault is less fleshed-out?
    A lot of stuff is on the same level as In The Back or even less finished than that. I agree I wanna hear it all tbh haha.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I'm So Blue alone reinforces my belief that there are still masterpieces to be found in the vault. I'd honestly and truly put it in my top five favorite Michael Jackson songs -- and it's an outtake that was never meant to see the light of day.
    I agree. Some of his so called demos are true masterpieces. The demos of TGIM and WATW are (imo) superior to their released final cuts.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzball For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,591 Posts

"Bad" was never in danger of being shelved; it was literally the first short film that went into production (i.e., in November 1986, only two months after the Westlake sessions began). While it is true that "Price of Fame" was pulled from the Pepsi campaign (as per the alternate lyric version) and was briefly resurrected for Dangerous, there's no way it could've ever jeopardized the inclusion of "Bad." If this is accurate, you must be mixing up song titles.

This is paraphrased from something stated by Damien Shields, who also said that he doesn't think Michael ever recorded "Jungle."

Concerning post-trial unreleased tracks, there is a finished song called ‘Still The King’ (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

Another finished track is ‘Can You’ (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

‘Miss You’ (or, ‘I Will Miss You', or ‘I’m Gonna Miss You’) is another finished song dedicated to the memory of James Brown (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

‘The Future’ is an almost complete, latin-oriented track with environmental lyrics (from the Will.i.am’s sessions).

In total, the unreleased songs (from the Will.i.am’s sessions) are around ten, while half of them are fully complete.
    Of the four credible sources who have publicly commented on the state of the will.i.am collaborations, two (John Branca/Karen Langford) claim that nothing exists beyond choruses, one (Joe Vogel) states that at least two songs are finished and a third is about 3/4th finished, and one (will.i.am) has vaguely stated that everything they did is "unfinished." Only "I'm Dreamin'" could be justifiably and reasonably assumed to be releasable, given that will.i.am attempted to include it on his 2013 album. The four titles you mentioned certainly exist in some capacity, but finished? Doubtful.

‘Stop Throwing Your Life Away’ is a fully finished track produced by the American producer Neff-U (in 2008).
    "Stop Throwing Your Life Away" is a reworked version of "Throwing Your Life Away," which was recorded in September 1988. It was one of a handful of unreleased demos Michael asked Neff-U to tinker with in 2008.

The situation about the nearly complete ‘Adore You’ song is a bit hazy, because some people say the song has been lost, others say the song exists in the hard drives of the producers who worked on that song.
    It's not lost. I spoke to someone who heard it last summer.

Additionally, Brad Buxer spoke about it in his MJ Cast interview.

‘Rocker’ is a complete track that Michael Jackson worked on with Brad Buxer and Michael Durham Prince.
    "Rocker" is apparently quite incredible, but it's most certainly not finished.

---------------------------------------

All due respect, mj_frenzy, but you seem to do the same thing over and over again: find a song title that is confirmed to exist and jump to the conclusion that it's finished. Nearly every song title you mentioned has little to no publicly available evidence to support your claims of completion.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,591 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano MJS View Post
    I prefer when they save the best songs for studio albums, which catch the public's attention far more than reissues or box sets and thus allows for the material to reach a wider audience. For example, you likely wouldn't find anyone in the general public who could identify "I'm So Blue" or "Beautiful Girl," though I've personally met several non-fans/general fans who know of "Slave to the Rhythm" and "Hold My Hand."

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmert View Post
    I've envisioned a HIStory: Book II box set that comprises of four discs:

1. HIStory Fulfilled - finished songs ("Chicago 1945," "Throwing Your Life Away," etc.)
    2. HIStory Begins - demos/alternate versions of previously released songs ("The Girl is Mine," "Speed Demon," etc.)
    3. HIStory Established - unfinished songs ("Deep in the Night," "Family Thing," etc.)
    4. HIStory Approximated - songs that Michael was working on at the time of his death ("Rocker," "Adore You," etc.)

Think of it similar to The Ultimate Collection. The final disc would be seen as an approximation of the album Michael was working on at the time of his death, which I think would be interesting by virtue of getting to see where his mind was at at the time of his passing. I think it would be an awesome way to give the fans a little bit of everything while cleaning out the vault of the material that the Estate otherwise has no use for.
    Last edited by AlwaysThere; 16-02-2020 at 04:58 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,585 Posts

It was completed and was also properly mixed and mastered during the ‘BAD’ album sessions because ‘Price Of Fame’ was meant to be on the ‘BAD’ album, but it was replaced at the last minute by the ‘BAD’ track on both the album and on the Pepsi Cola commercial..
    Yeah this is absolute BS. The Bad short film was shot in 1986. Super last minute.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    Yeah this is absolute BS. The Bad short film was shot in 1986. Super last minute.
    Exactly.