Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 230

Thread: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

   
  1. #91
    Points: 4,175, Level: 41
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Fuzball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    411
    Points
    4,175
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 366 Times in 167 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    No, it didn’t.

    “Chicago 1945” is a completely separate track that has no lyrical or musical connection to “Al Capone” or “Smooth Criminal.”

    This has been confirmed by (1) co-writer Steve Porcaro, (2) Matt Forger, (3) Damien Shields, and (4) a number of attendees of an In the Studio with MJ seminar where the song was played.

    Also, “Chicago 1945” has never once been referred to as “Chicago Nights.” If I recall correctly, “Chicago Nights” was/is the working title for the segment in Moonwalker that contained the “Smooth Criminal” short film, and fans took the title connection and ran with it.
    The only link between those 3 songs is their dark themed story line.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzball For This Useful Post:


  3. #92
    Points: 20,676, Level: 90
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,075
    Points
    20,676
    Level
    90
    Thanks
    2,016
    Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,653 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzball View Post
    The only link between those 3 songs is their dark themed story line.
    Precisely.

    “Chicago 1945” is about three girls who go missing; “Smooth Criminal” (and presumably “Al Capone,” but who knows because I have no idea what MJ is saying lol) is about a girl’s murder.

    Perhaps “Chicago 1945” was a springboard for what ultimately became “Smooth Criminal,” but that doesn’t make it an early version. That’s like saying that “Streetwalker” is a demo of “Dangerous” because Bill Bottrell used it as a jumping off point.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:


  5. #93
    Points: 10,216, Level: 67
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,486
    Points
    10,216
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 762 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    Chicago 1945 has no connection to Al Capone or Smooth Criminal.
    Someone who attended one of Brad Sundberg's seminars which featured also Steve Porcaro as a special guest (the guy who worked with Michael on Chicago 1945) wrote this in a blog:

    ''After the Thriller album came out, during the Victory tour (or maybe right before it) Porcaro submitted a few grooves to Michael. Sometime later MJ called Steve and told him that he wanted to do something with one of them. Apparently, he had gone to the library and read on Chicago of the 1930s-40s, and that’s how he came up with an idea for the song. He and Porcaro met and recorded nine straight vocal takes for what would become “Chicago 1945.”

    Of course, it’s impossible to describe music in text, but here are five things you need to know about “Chicago 1945”:
    - The song is completed musically an vocally and perfectly releasable as is;
    - It has no connection to “Al Capone” or “Smooth Criminal” (another myth) – a completely different and separate song;
    - The lyrics tell a story about (three?) girls who went out at night and disappeared;
    - It’s a catchy song. Not the level of greatness of “Billie Jean” or “Beat It,” but a solid groove. The hook (“Never to be found again… never to be found again”) was stuck in my head for 3 days after we had heard it;
    - As the song was playing, I was trying to find another MJ song to compare it to. The closest I could come up with was “Behind the Mask” – the song is in the same tempo, and even the composition seemed somewhat similar to me. Although I think “Chicago 1945” is sung in a lower key – Michael’s voice is not as resonant as in “BTM.”
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    No, it didn’t.

    “Chicago 1945” is a completely separate track that has no lyrical or musical connection to “Al Capone” or “Smooth Criminal.”

    This has been confirmed by (1) co-writer Steve Porcaro, (2) Matt Forger, (3) Damien Shields, and (4) a number of attendees of an In the Studio with MJ seminar where the song was played.

    Also, “Chicago 1945” has never once been referred to as “Chicago Nights.” If I recall correctly, “Chicago Nights” was/is the working title for the segment in Moonwalker that contained the “Smooth Criminal” short film, and fans took the title connection and ran with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Precisely.

    “Chicago 1945” is about three girls who go missing; “Smooth Criminal” (and presumably “Al Capone,” but who knows because I have no idea what MJ is saying lol) is about a girl’s murder.

    Perhaps “Chicago 1945” was a springboard for what ultimately became “Smooth Criminal,” but that doesn’t make it an early version. That’s like saying that “Streetwalker” is a demo of “Dangerous” because Bill Bottrell used it as a jumping off point.
    A song does not have to be an early version/demo of another song in order for the songs to have a connection.

    Ideas and elements taken from a song and later used to another song can create a connection of the songs, too.

    In this case, ideas and elements were taken from one song (‘Chicago 1945’) in order to create later a second song (‘Al Capone’).

    Considering that ‘Al Capone’ eventually evolved into a third song (‘Smooth Criminal’), then ‘Smooth Criminal’ is connected to ‘Chicago 1945’.

    Also, Matt Forger implied that this connection of these three songs seems to exist:

    …‘Chicago 1945’ was done prior to ‘Al Capone’… It [‘Chicago 1945’] was a song that maybe Michael used as the idea for ‘Al Capone’, and ‘Al Capone’ was the idea for ‘Smooth Criminal’…” (Matt Forger)

    Also, some other sources state that ‘Chicago 1945’ was re-worked so as to become later ‘Al Capone’, and then ‘Al Capone’ was re-worked so as to eventually become ‘Smooth Criminal’.

  6. #94
    Points: 20,676, Level: 90
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,075
    Points
    20,676
    Level
    90
    Thanks
    2,016
    Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,653 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    Also, some other sources state that ‘Chicago 1945’ was re-worked so as to become later ‘Al Capone’, and then ‘Al Capone’ was re-worked so as to eventually become ‘Smooth Criminal’.
    "Some other sources" being...?

    There is not one single soul on the planet that has confirmed that "Chicago 1945" has any connection to "Smooth Criminal." Matt Forger even said that MAYBE there was a elemental connection, but couldn't confirm it.

    I really can't take this. You need to stop spreading such brazen misinformation. We're all craving news and background into Michael's vault, and you have a tendency to consistently spout your own personal beliefs and/or assumptions as unquestionable facts, most of which are based on your own interpretations of observations made by collaborators that could be read in multiple different ways.

    I don't mean to start a fight, but this thread is LITERALLY about detailing unreleased songs. Please, for the sake of this community, stop.

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlwaysThere For This Useful Post:


  8. #95
    Points: 5,085, Level: 45
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,611
    Points
    5,085
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 975 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    "Some other sources" being...?

    There is not one single soul on the planet that has confirmed that "Chicago 1945" has any connection to "Smooth Criminal." Matt Forger even said that MAYBE there was a elemental connection, but couldn't confirm it.

    I really can't take this. You need to stop spreading such brazen misinformation. We're all craving news and background into Michael's vault, and you have a tendency to consistently spout your own personal beliefs and/or assumptions as unquestionable facts, most of which are based on your own interpretations of observations made by collaborators that could be read in multiple different ways.

    I don't mean to start a fight, but this thread is LITERALLY about detailing unreleased songs. Please, for the sake of this community, stop.
    I second this. As a new fan, it’s extremely hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction in this thread. I’m actively avoiding reading mj_frenzy’s posts to not get wrong information planted in my brain. Please stop.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:


  10. #96
    Points: 3,752, Level: 38
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Stefano MJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    604
    Points
    3,752
    Level
    38
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 763 Times in 235 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothGangsta View Post
    Maybe a dispute with someone who worked on it or something, the estate don't seem that bothered about doing anything respectfully and can't release a lot of songs as a result.
    That's a shame... Very interesting song.
    It has a good rhythm and great "Western" vibe btw.
    "Make That Change"
    https://bit.ly/StefanMJS

  11. #97
    Points: 10,216, Level: 67
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,486
    Points
    10,216
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 762 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    "Some other sources" being...?

    There is not one single soul on the planet that has confirmed that "Chicago 1945" has any connection to "Smooth Criminal." Matt Forger even said that MAYBE there was a elemental connection, but couldn't confirm it.

    I really can't take this. You need to stop spreading such brazen misinformation. We're all craving news and background into Michael's vault, and you have a tendency to consistently spout your own personal beliefs and/or assumptions as unquestionable facts, most of which are based on your own interpretations of observations made by collaborators that could be read in multiple different ways.

    I don't mean to start a fight, but this thread is LITERALLY about detailing unreleased songs. Please, for the sake of this community, stop.
    Then, this means that you need to improve your research skills.

    Some other sources are, for example, Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead who have mentioned several times in their writings that ‘Chicago 1945’ is a song that evolved into ‘Smooth Criminal’.

    Chris Cadman and Craig Halstead can be considered reliable sources also because they have been working closely with Adrian Grant for many years, and they have been helping him in his research for some of his publications (like, his ‘Michael Jackson: The Visual Documentary’ book).

    As you can see, I provided some of the sources that you asked me about the connection between ‘Chicago 1945’ and ‘Smooth Criminal’.

    As a side comment, you are in no position to say to anyone here that he/she confuses or mixes up his/her own opinion with fact, considering that you have been doing that exact thing:

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I will not be confusing my opinion with fact anymore. This comes simply from an immense amount of research. Half of the things that I know anyone could find out with a simple Google search and patience. I don't blame anyone for not believing me, by no means. As far as the estate situation goes and their releases, I've been wrong before, as I've mixed up my own opinion with fact, and for that I apologize. But when it comes to Michael's music (recording date, completion, etc), I would like to say that I'm fairly certain in what I'm talking about.
    Also, later posts of yours show that you continue to confuse (or mix up) your own opinion with fact.

  12. #98
    Points: 10,216, Level: 67
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,486
    Points
    10,216
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 762 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    I second this. As a new fan, it’s extremely hard to tell what is fact and what is fiction in this thread. I’m actively avoiding reading mj_frenzy’s posts to not get wrong information planted in my brain. Please stop.
    I am sure that you read everything that I write here, so there is no reason for you to lie to us (by saying that you actively avoid reading my posts).

  13. #99
    Points: 5,085, Level: 45
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,611
    Points
    5,085
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 975 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    I am sure that you read everything that I write here, so there is no reason for you to lie to us (by saying that you actively avoid reading my posts).
    OK, I guess I need to be more specific. Here’s what I do:

    When I come to the forum, I open the page “What’s new”. This is what is currently looks like:



    So I see in the overview that you’re calling me a liar, and I came here to suggest you take that back.

    Other than that I have stopped to open any posts that have your name on them because I found them too confusing and misleading most of the time.
    Last edited by ScreenOrigami; 27-02-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  14. #100
    Points: 10,216, Level: 67
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,486
    Points
    10,216
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 762 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    OK, I guess I need to be more specific. Here’s what I do:

    When I come to the forum, I open the page “What’s new”. This is what is currently looks like:



    So I see in the overview that you’re calling me a liar, and I came here to suggest you take that back.

    Other than that I have stopped to open any posts that have your name on them because I found them too confusing and misleading most of the time.
    If you actively avoid reading my posts as you say, then why do you describe them as “too confusing and misleading most of the time”?

    It does not make sense.

    And the fact that you replied instantly to my above post, this shows that you keep reading my posts.

  15. #101
    Points: 5,085, Level: 45
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,611
    Points
    5,085
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    1,503
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 975 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    If you actively avoid reading my posts as you say, then why do you describe them as “too confusing and misleading most of the time”?

    It does not make sense.

    And the fact that you replied instantly to my above post, this shows that you keep reading my posts.
    Did you even read and understand what I just explained to you? At this point I’m assuming you’re a troll.

    Edit: Found a way to fix the issue.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

  16. #102
    Points: 16,508, Level: 82
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2,846
    Points
    16,508
    Level
    82
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    526
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 804 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    How many unreleased songs are there left from the Invincible sessions?

  17. #103
    Points: 10,216, Level: 67
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,486
    Points
    10,216
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 762 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    Quote Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
    How many unreleased songs are there left from the Invincible sessions?
    The unreleased songs that are left from the 'Invincible' album sessions are more than 100.

    During a Los Angeles radio interview, Michael Jackson revealed to Steve Harvey (on March 8th, 2002) that for the ‘Invincible’ album, he did more than 100 songs.

    Michael Jackson: “'Cause I'll do at least over 100 songs, until I come up with about 20 or 30 that I like

    Steve Harvey: “No doubt...

    Michael Jackson: “And I'll decipher it down...

    Steve Harvey: “Wow, 100 songs, dog, before you come up with 20 or 30 you like?

    Michael Jackson: “Yeah, it was more this time, actually, than 100!

    Steve: “Gee

    Rodney Jerkins also spoke about a similar number of more than 100 unreleased songs from the ‘Invincible’ album sessions.

  18. #104
    Points: 15,059, Level: 79
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,675
    Points
    15,059
    Level
    79
    Thanks
    1,809
    Thanked 952 Times in 685 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    mj_frenzy just tell us where you get your info. it's not hard. also stop putting your opinions with facts. your opinions are not facts. if you don't like a song or something Michael did you don't have to like it. BUT you shouldn't changes the facts with opinions because you don't like the facts.

    if you a troll please stop. we all welcome here. but you gonna keep putting your opinions with facts you gonna get in trouble....



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  19. #105
    Points: 15,059, Level: 79
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First ClassOverdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,675
    Points
    15,059
    Level
    79
    Thanks
    1,809
    Thanked 952 Times in 685 Posts

    Default Re: Detailed list of unreleased songs that could be released

    I also wanna say. can we stop fighting?! i notice lately now that every thread have arguing in it. if you guys really want to talk to people just message them. greez. i'm really getting tired seeing this in every thread now. i'm not sure who start it but it really has got to stop. we are MJ fans. if Michael was alive to see every thread with his fans always arguing and fighting he would be disappointed.

    i don't understand why some people call themselves fans when you never go by his message. L.O.V.E. like seriously. anyway going off topic.



    a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •