Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Esquire: Macaulay Culkin Sets the Records Straight on Michael Jackson

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

Default Esquire: Macaulay Culkin Sets the Records Straight on Michael Jackson

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...me-alone-2020/

“Look,” Culkin said. “I’m gonna begin with the line—it’s not a line, it’s the truth: He never did anything to me. I never saw him do anything. And especially at this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back. The guy has passed on. If anything—I’m not gonna say it would be stylish or anything like that, but right now is a good time to speak up. And if I had something to speak up about, I would totally do it. But no, I never saw anything; he never did anything.”

Culkin spoke about the special bond he and Jackson shared by virtue of their unique childhoods—or lack thereof. Both raised by fathers pushing them toward fame at a young age, Culkin and Jackson were kindred spirits, despite their 22-year age difference. The last time they encountered one another was in a men’s room at the Santa Barbara County Superior Courthouse in 2005, where Culkin testified as a character witness in People v. Michael Jackson, wherein Jackson was charged with intoxicating and molesting a 13-year-old boy who had cancer. Jackson was later acquitted.

“We better not talk,” Jackson said, according to Culkin. “I don’t want to influence your testimony.”

The two embraced before returning to court. It was the last time Culkin would see Jackson before he passed away in 2009.

Though Jackson has been dead for over a decade, Leaving Neverland has introduced new aftershocks into Culkin’s life. He spoke about a memorable celebrity encounter that occurred not long after the documentary’s release.

“Here’s a good Michael Jackson story that doesn’t involve Michael Jackson at all,” Culkin said. “I ran into James Franco on a plane. I’d bumped into him two or three times over the years. I give him a little nod as we’re putting our bags overhead. Hey, how you doing? Good, how ya doing? And it was right after the Leaving Neverland documentary came out, and he goes, ‘So, that documentary!’ And that was all he said. I was like, ‘Uh-huh.’ Silence. So then he goes, ‘So what do you think?’ And I turned to him and I go, ‘Do you wanna talk about your dead friend?’ And he sheepishly went, ‘No, I don’t.’ So I said, ‘Cool, man, it was nice to see you.’ ”

Culkin is godfather to Jackson’s daughter Paris, to whom he remains close. He has shared with her his habit of stealing spoons from restaurants, bars, and cafes as a bit of “harmless” fun. The two give one another spoons as gifts, and they have matching spoon tattoos on their forearms.

When Paris entered public life, Culkin had just one piece of advice, given by virtue of the spoons: “Don’t forget to be silly, don’t forget to take something away from this whole experience, and don’t forget to stick something up your sleeve.”
    Last edited by MoeJack; 11-02-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 667 Posts

Default Re: Esquire: Macaulay Culkin Sets the Records Straight on Michael Jackson

Credit to Culkin for speaking up in a moment like this when we as fans need him most

Macaulay Culkin and probably Chris Tucker are two of the only true friends Michael seemed to have in his life, they both amazing. They just cherish their time with Mike and are generous enough to share stories about him with us fans, that in all honesty normalises Michael. It's great to know when he needed them most they were there

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,511 Times in 941 Posts

Default Re: Esquire: Macaulay Culkin Sets the Records Straight on Michael Jackson

Good for Mac to stick to his guns continue being on the winning side. Our side. Michael's side.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    … the winning side. Our side. Michael's side.
    a.k.a. “The Truth” (and nothing but the truth)
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

You go, Culkin. He's made the rounds in recent years - even being so nice as to appear on an Angry Video Game Nerd's episode. He doesn't have to do stuff like that - he's just nice enough to.

Plus, it helps that he's kinda turned himself around after a few years of not being in great shape, visibly.

Kudos to him.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DangerUs'91 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,459 Posts

And the key to it all WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO GAIN? NOTHING.
    Mike's PYT

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,291 Times in 4,181 Posts

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Macaulay Culkin Exonerates Michael Jackson in New Interview: “Right now is a good time to speak up…he never did anything to me”

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/02/1...anything-to-me

Macaulay Culkin exonerates Michael Jackson from all rumors concerning possible or alleged child molestation in the new issue of Esquire. Bravo to the magazine in the first place for putting Mack on the cover. And the piece itself is a terrific read.

But let’s cut to the chase. Culkin spent a lot of time with Michael when he was a child. Former Neverland employees made up all kinds of stories of things they said they saw concerning the older pop singer and the child star. But Culkin testified in 2005 at Michael’s trial that nothing untoward happened between them. He attended Jackson’s private funeral in 2009. And he’s remained close to Jackson’s daughter, Paris.

Now Macaulay says in Esquire that nothing happened between them except friendship. I believe him. In light of the one sided documentary Leaving Neverland, and lawsuits from Wade Robson and James Safechuck, Mack could just verify their stories and end all the speculation. But he doesn’t. Quite the contrary. I don’t think the Jackson Estate put him up to this. Culkin is very outspoken and not manipulated.

“Look,” he says in the magazine. “I’m gonna begin with the line—it’s not a line, it’s the truth: He never did anything to me. I never saw him do anything. And especially at this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back. The guy has passed on. If anything—I’m not gonna say it would be stylish or anything like that, but right now is a good time to speak up. And if I had something to speak up about, I would totally do it. But no, I never saw anything; he never did anything.”

And that’s it. He does recall his last meeting with Michael, seeing him in the men’s room of the Santa Maria courthouse. He says Michael didn’t want to taint his testimony so their conversation was limited. It’s instructive that Michael didn’t contact him during the following four years before his death. But Jackson was simply worn out mentally, I think, from the trauma of the trial. He couldn’t come back from it.

Anyway, nice story and and a good way to settle old rumors.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Shirt of the Day:"I liked Michael Jackson before he was dead".

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,495 Times in 2,659 Posts

“We better not talk,” Jackson said, according to Culkin. “I don’t want to influence your testimony.”
    Didn't Wade say that Michael coached him on what to say? Because if he did then what Mac says here completely destroys Wade's statement

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,051 Posts

Well done mac. Love you forever

I am a child of the Moon , Being raised by the Sun, In an earth filled with Pain , With a sky full of Hope.

RIP Dearest M. Thank You For My Childhood Memories. ILY.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,051 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paris78 View Post
    Shirt of the Day:"I liked Michael Jackson before he was dead".

yep ..love this t shirt . that's mac all over - he is true blue. he is the true meaning of a friend ,i have a lot of respect for mac & this thread !

I am a child of the Moon , Being raised by the Sun, In an earth filled with Pain , With a sky full of Hope.

RIP Dearest M. Thank You For My Childhood Memories. ILY.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 964 Posts

A big THANK YOU: Macaulay Culkin
    Sets THE RECORD STRAIGHT!!!!
    “Look,” he says in the magazine. “I’m gonna begin with the line—it’s not a line, it’s the truth: He never did anything to me. I never saw him do anything. And especially at this flash point in time, I’d have no reason to hold anything back. The guy has passed on. If anything—I’m not gonna say it would be stylish or anything like that, but right now is a good time to speak up. And if I had something to speak up about, I would totally do it. But no, I never saw anything; he never did anything.”

God, I thank you for allowing Michael to continue to watch over his children:

Prince Michael, Paris, and Blanket ("Bigi").

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherubimII For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 570 Posts

Hollywoodreporter and LA Times have picked up the story. Not pasting the text here as it’s essentially the same, only with different headlines:

Macaulay Culkin on Michael Jackson: "I Never Saw Anything; He Never Did Anything"
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...rofile-1278743

Macaulay Culkin will talk about Michael Jackson. Just not with James Franco
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ichael-jackson
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ScreenOrigami For This Useful Post: