Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Confirmed HIStory Tour release for 2021?

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Confirmed HIStory Tour release for 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    The question is: if you release it.....why release it in 2021 and not 2020 for the anniversary of HIStory?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderouzmj View Post
    If it suddenly disappears from YouTube...its definitely truth to this unfortunately. His estate people are....(unfiltered words)
    That's sound like something they will do. i really hope not. ugh. please don't let them.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doggone View Post
    No... Don’t do this. Everyone will criticize him. I love Michael, but his condition was reallybad during the HIStory concerts...
    I agree. he wasn't feeling it. he about in his mid 30's at the time. not to mention all the recent stuff before the tour. none of us are prefect and Michael got tired and needed breaks just like the rest of us. Michael didn't like touring anyway. but he did it for his fans.

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    https://tenor.com/view/office-no-gif-5606969

I really hope this isn't true
    Bizarre move if it is true. I mean this last 12-18 months has been a rough ride for Michael and his legacy, so why on would the estate look to compound the disappointment further by officially releasing a tour Michael didn't appear to be satisfied with himself. I mean he did stop the release of the Seoul show on VHS didn't he? Around 1997/98?

I just can't understand it. If the fans don't want this released then why go ahead? Who is it they're targeting? Because general public or casual fans will see the glaringly obvious, that Michael wasn't at his best and it would undermine his legacy as the greatest live performer in history.

Michael stressed quality over quantity and if the Estate press ahead with this then they clearly don't have his wishes at heart from an artistic point of view
    I agree. it's like they don't care about his fans or legacy at all. it took us to really defend Michael until his estate came later on to speak out. that's ridiculous. they claim they care but it really feel they don't. yes they need money but I don't understand why they won't give us stuff that will. so many things fans asking for and they can do. they won't do it. poor mike and us fans. the world pretty much use him. ugh. smh.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,567 Times in 2,695 Posts

If it suddenly disappears from YouTube...its definitely truth to this unfortunately. His estate people are....(unfiltered words)
    If it does get removed from Youtube, it won't bother me because there's tons of other HIStory Tour shows for me to watch. And I never watch Munich anyway, because I consider it to be Michael's weakest performance on the HIStory Tour. Brunei, Bucharest and Kuala Lumpur are the shows I go back to the most.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 898 Posts

Most fans : Would like Destiny, Triumph, Victory, or more Bad tour released.

Estate : No, only concert you're getting is Munich 97. His best tour. Lol

Only way its worth it is if it comes with a doc/rehearsals/unseen footage imo. Giving us the exact same concert we already have is a bad idea otherwise.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 673 Posts

The thing we need to remember guys is it's just a rumour for now. I'm sure the Estate know we're not happy with even the suggestion of an official release

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

That's not what he said at the Diamond Celebration in Las Vegas.
    He said that they have converted it to HD and that they have noticed that Michael isn't always singing live (however he also says that most of the time he is singing live which is not true). Then he said that the last thing they would put out is something that doesn't represent who Michael truly was.
    At the end he assured the public that ''there will be HIStory footage'' and that at some point they will do documentaries for both the Dangerous and HIStory albums and will use the concert footage then.

I don't see why we shouldn't trust her. What would be her reason to lie about this?
    If you want to trust someone on the internet you've never heard of, go ahead.

And it absolutely is what he said. He commented about the lack of live singing, that it had been converted from the German TV show, "but we really respect that Michael was the greatest entertainer who ever lived...but the last thing we wanna do is put out anything that in any sense doesn't salute who Michael really was". And as you correctly point out, he says some footage will be used for a HIStory documentary.

This is him saying you're not getting a standalone full release of the concert. He said this 16 months ago, he may have changed his mind. But I'll take his word for it for now.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Cannot see it happening at all. Personally I do enjoy the history tour, despite the miming. Opening 20 minutes is killer.

Having the band mime and the backing singers mime to his vocals in tracks like Stranger in Moscow is pretty bad though.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Eh, I know most of the MJ fam doesn't have warm feelings towards Branca, but I do trust the guy to some extent
    From what I gathered, the on and off professional relationship they had was disrupted only when 3rd party with their own agend tried to paint Branca as the bad guy. I may be wrong, and while I don't always agree with his decisions regarding the Estate, I do believe he operates with the best interest in mind. Releasing Munich concert is counterproductive and Branca is a smart man, he may not have artistic grasp of things but he does understand money, and wasting it on releasing concert everyone saw 100s of times on yt is just plain stupid.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechaspiderman For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

Same how they did everything after he died....sad
    It really goes to show you what people will do to you after you die. this world. smh.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 742 Posts

It won't surprise me if they do this. It is the Michael Jackson Estate after all.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SmoothGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 933 Posts

The question is: if you release it.....why release it in 2021 and not 2020 for the anniversary of HIStory?
    Maybe because the Broadway musical is this year and hopefully Taj's documentary as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I would love to have any official release from the HIStory tour. I say bring it on.
    I feel the same. The HIStory Tour is the only one of Michael's three solo tours that hasn't had an official concert release.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 370 Posts

If it's Munich, it's worse than nothing, because the ZDFHD version we have has perfect video quality, and I doubt if an official release would be any better. I hope if they'll release History Tour, they'd pick Prague or other shows with the best energy and performance, or do a edited show from several concerts.

What we all hope is a decent release of another Bad Tour concert like MSG New York 1988 or LA 1989, or Victory Tour, but the chance is getting smaller and smaller, since videos are heading HD, and DVDs or even 4:3 videos are gradually dying. I really hope we could have a chance to see MJ's best concerts before we get old.
    Last edited by HappyLeeHL; 15-02-2020 at 06:13 PM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HappyLeeHL For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 898 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HappyLeeHL View Post
    If it's Munich, it's worse than nothing, because the ZDFHD version we have has perfect video quality, and I doubt if an official release would be any better. I hope if they'll release History Tour, they'd pick Prague or other shows with the best energy and performance, or do a edited show from several concerts.

What we all hope is a decent release of another Bad Tour concert like MSG New York 1988 or LA 1989, or Victory Tour, but the chance is getting smaller and smaller, since videos are heading HD, and DVDs or even 4:3 videos are gradually dying. I really hope we could have a chance to see MJ's best concerts before we get old.
    This is another reason why I think the estate should track down/come forward with info on film material. The bad25 statement didnt even mention anything with film. Would help the fan investigations. Leeds 88, Wembley etc. We have the sources that confirm concert film exists. High quality Bluray would be good for MJs legacy right now imo.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,427 Posts

I wish my night at the history tour november 24th 1996 was videotaped would give anything to relive that night again

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8701girl For This Useful Post: