Question about the Thriller Album Cover Artwork

manwithaglove

Proud Member
220px-Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller.png

hey guys, I have been looking for font that was used in front of album Thriller- the one written as 'michael jackson' . at first I thought it was font, but I come to realize that it is handrwriting, not a font. so my question is- then who's handwriting is that?? would it be michael's own autograph?? but it doesn't look like michael's handwiritng so i'm curious.

Re: hey guys i have question about Thriller album cover artwork

220px-Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller.png

hey guys, I have been looking for font that was used in front of album Thriller- the one written as 'michael jackson' . at first I thought it was font, but I come to realize that it is handrwriting, not a font. so my question is- then who's handwriting is that?? would it be michael's own autograph?? but it doesn't look like michael's handwiritng so i'm curious.

Michael's autograph was different to this. I'm guessing that whomever designed the album cover just designed the writing as well. This is the same way that "Michael Jackson" is written on a lot of T-shirt designs, too.....perhaps it's just something that Michael's merchandising department came up with.

It kind of sucks it isn't actually Michael handwriting which i already knew since i was small. but it would of been actually pretty cool if it was. one thing i can say this logo is iconic. and most people use this logo next to his history logo and his feet pointing logo from his production company back in 1988 when the moonwalker movie was release and during the bad era.

You really have to be careful what you buy nowadays with these logos because sometimes it can be a fake product. I don't think nothing wrong buying a fake Michael Jackson product as long it in good conduction made with love.

Michael's autograph was different to this. I'm guessing that whomever designed the album cover just designed the writing as well. This is the same way that "Michael Jackson" is written on a lot of T-shirt designs, too.....perhaps it's just something that Michael's merchandising department came up with.

I was also guessing that perhaps the designer team came up with that iconic writing, thanks for reply!!!

It kind of sucks it isn't actually Michael handwriting which i already knew since i was small. but it would of been actually pretty cool if it was. one thing i can say this logo is iconic. and most people use this logo next to his history logo and his feet pointing logo from his production company back in 1988 when the moonwalker movie was release and during the bad era.

it is so ICONIC, I even made my own DIY merchandise with this- so I got curious. Anyway thanks for reply!!

it is so ICONIC, I even made my own DIY merchandise with this- so I got curious. Anyway thanks for reply!!

Cool. do you sell your merch? do you have an website? and your very welcome.

76496b32b93ac255d7265771bcfac439.jpg

NatureCriminal7896;4283476 said:
Cool. do you sell your merch? do you have an website? and your very welcome.
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Not permitted on MJJC:

Solicitation, or requests to buy/sell/trade merchandise, Michael Jackson related or otherwise; this includes using MJJCommunity’s private messaging (PM) function for this/these purpose(s). Do not, in any shape or form, place donation threads, or projects that involve donations or solicitation for money anywhere on MJJC.[/FONT]

Back