[Poll] What are the chances of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics due to Conovirus scare?

What are the chanced of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics due to Conovirus scare?

• 1 Slimmer chance (Olympics will be cancelled)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 Great chance (Olympics will happen as planned)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I heard the news about chances of the Tokyo Summer Olympics this year due to the Conovirus (Covid-19) scare and we do hear that outside of China people have got the virus already. But what do you guys think? On a scale of 1-10 about the Tokyo Olympics, is the event gonna happen or gonna be cancelled?

I think it's likely to go ahead, but I am concerned about what it will mean for all involved, before, during and after. The Olympics is a very important event for the entire world and not just in terms of sport. It's important, psychologically....it's good for morale, on a huge scale and it is extremely important, financially, for the host country. I have not seen any media speculation at all (yet) about the possibility of the Olympics not happening.....I believe that most world leaders would want the event to go ahead, as planned, if at all possible.

Too early to tell. Pandemic status seems inevitable now, but how bad it gets is dependent on each country's vigilance, preparation, education, and quality of testing, quarantine and treatment. The World Health Organisation have said risk at regional and global levels is very high.

Now that virus outbreak scaring people is spiraling out of control. Sporting events are taking this seriously, Woman's Hockey Tournament is cancelled, soccer teams are gonna play without spectators around and now the San Jose Shark are gonna do the same thing. What's next? Cancel the Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Back